View Full Version : Running through the pain?...

Patty Tanager
10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Ok so i have decided to start doing more cardio, instead of just dabbling with weights.

I went on a 5 mile run last night and my legs are killing me now :D.

My question is should i have a day off and run tomorrow (so i'm running every other day), or should i just run again tonight through the pain?.

Spartacus Sully
10-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Ok so i have decided to start doing more cardio, instead of just dabbling with weights.

I went on a 5 mile run last night and my legs are killing me now :D.

My question is should i have a day off and run tomorrow (so i'm running every other day), or should i just run again tonight through the pain?.

you should walk for atleast half an hour if not more tonight, then run tomorrow.

try an stretch more and walk for atleast 5 mins after your done running.

Patty Tanager
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
you should walk for atleast half an hour if not more tonight, then run tomorrow.

try an stretch more and walk for atleast 5 mins after your done running.

Cheers mate.

I was in two minds because i thought my body would eventually adapt to me running everynight, and possibly quicker if i just carried on.

On the other hand i thought i could actually be doing some damage to the leg muscles.

Freelancer
10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
If you didn't run in a while before that grab an old fashioned aspirine before you go to bed , it will increase blood flow and the muscle pain won't be as bad. As for runnin, every other day is better IMO.

Patty Tanager
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
If you didn't run in a while before that grab an old fashioned aspirine before you go to bed , it will increase blood flow and the muscle pain won't be as bad. As for runnin, every other day is better IMO.

I don't know why i didn't do any stretches, that's pretty idiotic of me :D.

That aspirin sounds like a good one. I knew that it thins the blood but it never even crossed my mind that it would help after running.

Willy Wanker
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't know why i didn't do any stretches, that's pretty idiotic of me :D.

That aspirin sounds like a good one. I knew that it thins the blood but it never even crossed my mind that it would help after running.

stretching is important. i am too fat and lazy to workout, but i at least stretch sometimes.

if i never stretched, i would tear my right rotator cuff like vitali considering how many times i wank a day. i think that's happen to him in the chris byrd fight. :wank: :wank: :wank:

Patty Tanager
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
stretching is important. i am too fat and lazy to workout, but i at least stretch sometimes.

if i never stretched, i would tear my right rotator cuff like vitali considering how many times i wank a day. i think that's happen to him in the chris byrd fight. :wank: :wank: :wank:

A wank a day keeps the doctor away!, but don't go mad pal :D.

Willy Wanker
10-06-2010, 09:38 AM
A wank a day keeps the doctor away!, but don't go mad pal :D.

yes, but 5 wanks day leads to a rash that i am too embarrass to call the doctor about.

but it went away with aloe vera lotion. :wank:

#1Assassin
10-08-2010, 07:27 AM
u gotta let your body recover before u get back to work. with time your body will adapt to the training so u can run every day but u gotta build up to that, if u work too hard too fast and dont give your body the proper time to rest it will break down instead of build up. make sure u take care of yourself when your not training though, stretch out before and after running, eat well every day including the days your not working out (u can have one cheat day a week) and rest properly. resting properly means both getting proper amounts of sleep and take the time out to recover afterworkouts especially when your body is sore like now.

to answer your question, no u shouldnt run. its so tempting to kill yourself in training when you first start out cuz u are so hyped up about getting in shape. but u gotta remember your in it for the long haul, if u overtrain u will burn yourself out physicly and mentally before u get in shape. so work at a proper pace and take the time to build up, that way u will work with your body, wont quit and will acctually achieve results.

Joachim
10-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Every other day isn't too bad, you can stick to that for now. Also, If your legs are hurting after 5 miles, do more plyometrics.

Patty Tanager
10-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Every other day isn't too bad, you can stick to that for now. Also, If your legs are hurting after 5 miles, do more plyometrics.

Cheers for the advice lads.

My legs weren't hurting after the run, simply when i woke up in the morning, could hardly walk :D.

I ran the day after posting this and did a few stretches before hand and definitely was easier the day after.