View Full Version : Pain in the knees after skipping rope

SilentButViolent
08-06-2005, 09:59 PM
i have a pain in the knees after ive been skipping rope for about a week straight,the pain seems to be in the knees and it hurtz really bad when i go up stairs,anyone know what this might be?

Sir Fancylot
08-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I had this a month or two ago.

Wear thicker soled shoes when skipping and wait, what your experiencing is probably shin splint...I just kept training and it went away.

SilentButViolent
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I had this a month or two ago.

Wear thicker soled shoes when skipping and wait, what your experiencing is probably shin splint...I just kept training and it went away.
these are the shoes i wear when skipping rope,theyre pretty comfortable,ill think ill juss wait a week and see if the pain goes away http://www.bolliger-schuhe.ch/media/reebok-sportschuhe-hw4-2-114372-g-xt-g-unit-rbk-collection.jpg

riz
08-07-2005, 05:58 PM
what about when running i have a problem with that, i have orthotics also tho. do u think itz cuz of the shoes?

random guy
08-08-2005, 03:02 AM
like he said it probley just shin splints

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Running and skipping use the same basic body parts, most boxers get it at some point, I was asking this question a few months ago right here.

I'm not sure why, maybe I built up stronger legs, but what I did worked.

1: Ice down your leg when it is in pain
2: Stretch ALOT
3: Run on grass rather than harder surfaces such as concrete
4: Make sure you are using reasonably thick soled shoes, when i was starting i used the same shoes i use for sparring in(which where very thin and lightweight, but didn't have enough protection for consistent running)

Hope that helps fellas.

hitman7hearns7
08-08-2005, 08:07 AM
"pain in my knees" and ur saying shin splints uuummm

its probly worn down ligaments in ur knees

the best thing to do i stop traing for a week or 2 and take some anti-inflamtories

this is a common injury in boxers and runner also gymnasts, ect.

look it up on google u might get more infor i cat rembmer the tecnical term for it but it seems like u have worn down the ligaments in ur knees

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Yes, because shin splints can go from the shin up to the knee.

Jesus, some people in this forum do nothing but critisize.

Hunna
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
advice: try 2 avoid training on concrete or bitumen surfaces. Wooden floors and grass are what ya need.

boxer Of thE World
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
yes do ecactly wht 1stroundko said and u shold be fine im quite sure that he didnt were down the ligaments b/c he is not a professional and im sure he dosent work that hard to wear down his knee ligaments

jack_the_rippuh
08-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Stretch before doing it. I get the same knee pain, but not as bad, when I do cycling.

EXIGE
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
what about when running i have a problem with that, i have orthotics also tho. do u think itz cuz of the shoes?
When running try and run on grass or get "****ed shoes" i think these may well help you out sonny jim.

chopper77
08-09-2005, 04:36 PM
You've got **** cartilidge kid, welcome to the program.

chopper77
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Seriously, you can't do anything about cartilidge. It's not shin splints. If it hurts going up stairs then it's cartilidge. The best thing you can do is to build up your thigh muscles. For that you should lift, doing leg presses on a machine. Just don't get goofy on the weight. Start with a lower weight. Knees are like shock absorbers, and if you can build up the rest of your leg muscles it will help alot. Trust me on this. I can only jump rope for two rounds every other day. I had almost all my cartilidge removed from my left knee from a couple of different surgeries. Good luck.

SilentButViolent
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Seriously, you can't do anything about cartilidge. It's not shin splints. If it hurts going up stairs then it's cartilidge. The best thing you can do is to build up your thigh muscles. For that you should lift, doing leg presses on a machine. Just don't get goofy on the weight. Start with a lower weight. Knees are like shock absorbers, and if you can build up the rest of your leg muscles it will help alot. Trust me on this. I can only jump rope for two rounds every other day. I had almost all my cartilidge removed from my left knee from a couple of different surgeries. Good luck.
i hear theres foods out there that have the vitamins to help build cartilage or something like that,i think theyre lima beans,anyone know if this is true?....ohh yeah the pain subsided somewhat but right before i went to bed they hurt like hell i couldn't even fall asleep

realheavyhands
08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
i have a pain in the knees after ive been skipping rope for about a week straight,the pain seems to be in the knees and it hurtz really bad when i go up stairs,anyone know what this might be?
make sure u walk on ya heels and lean back when u jump down use ya knees for nuthin use ya ya ass and back of the legs