View Full Version : Monthly Boxing Magazines?

Uturn
09-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Didn't know where to post this so thought i'd ask here :boxing: Does anyone here subscribe to a monthly boxing magazine? And if so what one? What are the most popular monthly magazines? I'm really interested in subscribing to one, which do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Casual

Chip2006uk
09-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I occasionally buy Boxing Monthly whenever I have spare cash, although the other day I bought a magazine called fighting fit. Basically a mix of training and nutrition and boxing, but theres also a bit of MMA crap in there.

SBleeder
09-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I subscribe to The Ring. It's pretty much the gold standard of boxing monthlies imo.

Cassius Liston
09-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Ring Magazine is probably the best....there isn't a boxing monthly belt

project xxx1
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
i buy Boxing Monthly every month,ive got the whole collection for the last 3 years before that i used to buy the mag read it and give it away to my mate who runs a barber shop,so everyone else can read it

Uturn
09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
i buy Boxing Monthly every month,ive got the whole collection for the last 3 years before that i used to buy the mag read it and give it away to my mate who runs a barber shop,so everyone else can read it

Do you subscribe for one year? Seems boxing Monthly is only possible for me since i'm in the UK. The Ring magazine is a whopping $140 odd dollars for a years subscription to delivery to the UK which is way to much!

QQQQQQQ
09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Ring Magazine > Boxing Digest > Boxing Monthly

Dan-O-Mac
09-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I havent bought a boxing magazine since the mid 90's. There's too much content online.

Chip2006uk
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Do you subscribe for one year? Seems boxing Monthly is only possible for me since i'm in the UK. The Ring magazine is a whopping $140 odd dollars for a years subscription to delivery to the UK which is way to much!

Yeah Ive only ever seen Boxing monthly and Boxing News in the UK, if I saw The Ring magazine Id choose that over those two without a doubt.

jason100x
09-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I like Ring Magazine. Yeah, it's a bit expensive but in an era where most magazines have gotten skimpier and kept their old price, Ring Magazine delivers in content. I don't read it all up and throw it away after twenty minutes like most magazines. I get my money's worth. Boxing Monthly isn't bad, I usually read that in the store rather than buy it, though.

Sugarj
09-25-2010, 11:50 PM
I've always liked Boxing Monthly, the UK mag. I am a subscriber and always rate the content. It deals with fights from all over the globe.

Sam Donald
09-26-2010, 04:53 AM
I've always liked Boxing Monthly, the UK mag. I am a subscriber and always rate the content. It deals with fights from all over the globe.

where can i subscribe yearly for that

DiLLiNGER
09-26-2010, 06:04 AM
I use to buy the Ring magazine and the Fist (Australian) all the time,it's just a waste of money because this boxing site for example is gonna give you every boxing update you need.

Red Rebel
09-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Ring Magazine > Boxing Digest > Boxing Monthly

I agree.. Ring is the best.

But Is'nt Boxing Digest defunct already, which is sad..

Boxerguy000
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Ring magazine is definitely number one on my list followed by Boxing Monthly.

Boxing Monthly is number two of my favorites.

black.ink
09-27-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm in the UK and my newsagent supplies me with Boxing Monthly, Boxing News (weekly) and Ring Magazine. They also sell Fighting Fit which was mentioned above, and a bunch of MMA mags. Pretty awesome.

Boxing News is the best magazine for UK news, as it keeps weekly news on the professional and amateur circuit, as well as good reviews on every global fight (from the week just passed). Comes out every thursday.

Monthly is a good read, as is the Ring Magazine, but the UK tend to get it Ring Mag about 2/3 weeks later then then the US release date, so the news is old, but the articles are a fantastic read.

ntate88
09-27-2010, 06:57 AM
fighting fit is the best ever. cant believe ring magazine is ranked so high its **** in mo opinion.