View Full Version : Potatoes? Good or Bad!?

Rampage*
08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I eat potatoes about 3 times a week for supper. Are potatoes good for you? If not, what are some good foods to eat with:
Ham
Chicken
Fish

I usually always eat potatoes with those foods. I heard potatoes aren't that good. What are some good foods I can eat for supper in the run of a week. I'd like to hear this from Spinxjinx. But if anyone else can help me It'd be great.

Tha Greatest
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Sweet potatoes are good..

chopper77
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
When I competed I never ate potatoes, drank milk, or ate white bread, or any bread for that matter. It was fruit, fruit juice, vegetables, meat, chicken, and fish. When I got hungry for a snack I ate celery. What I always believed is that the "white" stuff made your body soft, and we all know that it has to be extra hard to take the punishment in the ring. Evryone is different however. Tha Greatest mentioned sweet potatoes. They are the exception. They are very good for you. Personally I would lay off the potatoes for the hard body.

leff
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
not realy, oathmal, pasta(preferaly durum wheat) and rice are better.

rocco1252
08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
potatoes are high in carbs so if your trying to stay lean you might want to stay away from the taters man, sweet ones are good though not as good tasting but better for you than regular spuds.

Sir Fancylot
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
When I competed I never ate potatoes, drank milk, or ate white bread, or any bread for that matter. It was fruit, fruit juice, vegetables, meat, chicken, and fish. When I got hungry for a snack I ate celery. What I always believed is that the "white" stuff made your body soft, and we all know that it has to be extra hard to take the punishment in the ring. Evryone is different however. Tha Greatest mentioned sweet potatoes. They are the exception. They are very good for you. Personally I would lay off the potatoes for the hard body.

Milk is good for you.

manila_assasin
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Keyword is "BURN IT". It doesn't matter what kind of carb you eat. If you Don't burn it it's not gonna do you any good.

To answer ur Q... Yes IMO potatoes are good as long as you don't soak it in Philly cream cheese or Butter.

ricecrispi
08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Heres a really long answer.

People get the impression potatoes are bad but thats far from the truth. Nutrionally you need some simple carbs, complex carbs, and a little bit of fat. Your body uses the simple carbs, to complex carbs, and then fats. What makes potatoes really bad is cream, butter, salt, sourcream, cheese, and bacon toppings.

Simple carbs come from sugars like from sugar, fruits, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes and fruits give you better simple sugar because manufactured stuff is crap. I always ate fruit -1/2hr 1hr before workouts to get some carbs in the body. Gatorade uses the same idea and has sugars to replenish the carbs you use up.

Complex carbs come from pastas, bread, potatoes and sodas, candy, icecream, and starch. Rice, I don't know what group it is but it's good for you!! Complex carb takes the body longer to breakdown so you can get fat eating too much. You still want some of it in the body. If you eat enough fruits and stuff you don't need so much because the body turns the simple carbs into complex ones for storage.

If you are eating pastas and potatoes eat it after a workout, not right before. Lunch is a good time. If you eat alot of pasta, potatoes it weighs down the stomach and you can't use for awhile anyways. I would eat only microwave potatoes or boiled. Never mash or with unhealthy fixings.

BTW marathoners carb up before a big marathon 2 days before. The body turns all the carbs in for storage. Can why guys see why cutting weight dramatially can be bad for a match.

Inf3rn0
08-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Milk is good for you.
Is semi skimmed milk better for you than full fat, full fat - 3g per 100ml, semi - 1,6 per 100ml (i think) or is there not much dufference.Cuz some ppl have sed semi and some have sed that full is better, but most of them are not boxers.

chopper77
08-09-2005, 04:54 PM
No way is milk good for you. It takes eight hours to fully digest a glass of milk. However vitamin D is essential. You can eat lean like a mother****er, and take supplements. You need to make the body hard!! Stay away from rice, white bread, milk, potatoes, pop, and sugar and I promise you will notice the difference in about 30-45 days.

speedjay
08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
No way is milk good for you. It takes eight hours to fully digest a glass of milk. However vitamin D is essential. You can eat lean like a mother****er, and take supplements. You need to make the body hard!! Stay away from rice, white bread, milk, potatoes, pop, and sugar and I promise you will notice the difference in about 30-45 days.

In a way,you're right,but,ther's no digestion taking place when you drink milk.What happens is putrefaction,that's why when you drink milk and burp the smell is different.Milk is good for babies because they have enzymes to digest casein,for adults,we don't have the necessary enzyme to digest casein.

speedjay
08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I eat potatoes about 3 times a week for supper. Are potatoes good for you? If not, what are some good foods to eat with:
Ham
Chicken
Fish

I usually always eat potatoes with those foods. I heard potatoes aren't that good. What are some good foods I can eat for supper in the run of a week. I'd like to hear this from Spinxjinx. But if anyone else can help me It'd be great.

It's good,check out the stuff about trophology..

Trophology is the study of correct food-combination, that is, the art of knowing
which foods go best with others

Renegade
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I read in a ninja book that potatoes are kin to Deadly Nightshade, which of course is a poison. I prefer rice.