View Full Version : what weight should i fight at?

josh-hill
09-23-2010, 06:27 AM
hi everyone. im new to boxing so i know i wont be fighting any time soon. but im training hard and being the sort of obsessive person that likes to plan ahead i would like to know what weight to aim at. i am currently 155lbs at about 15% bf. i have been like this for about 2 years. dose this meen when i loose the weight i will be fighting at 8% 145 lbs? or should i put muscle on to take the place of the fat? im 5'10 btw. thanks

mrboxer
09-23-2010, 09:47 AM
hi everyone. im new to boxing so i know i wont be fighting any time soon. but im training hard and being the sort of obsessive person that likes to plan ahead i would like to know what weight to aim at. i am currently 155lbs at about 15% bf. i have been like this for about 2 years. dose this meen when i loose the weight i will be fighting at 8% 145 lbs? or should i put muscle on to take the place of the fat? im 5'10 btw. thanksfight at the weight you are most comfortable at,:boxing:

josh-hill
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
ok how would i know when i am most comfortable? just by training and sparing?

mrboxer
09-23-2010, 11:55 AM
ok how would i know when i am most comfortable? just by training and sparing?yes,whe you train you will sense a feel of new found stamina,when you spar this new found stamina will help you slip to the right move to the left throw punches with ease,:boxing:

tito_bandito
09-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Fight at 145:boxing:

Domey
09-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Fight at 145:boxing:

No one can really give you this answer. It all depends on how much fat you lose, your height, your build, and how much muscle you are going to put on.

Keep in mind while burning fat, you will most likely be building muscle. The first 5-10 lbs will come off fairly easily, but after that you will hit a threshold where you will most likely stop losing and even may be gaining.