View Full Version : Carlos De Leon?

IwatchBoxing
08-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Anybody remenber this guy? Was he any good? Any pictures?
They say he was the first Curiser to get a belt four times, I'am just intrested in knowing peoples opinion on him, since I never have seen his fights before. Wasnt my time. Dont mine my signature or sub-title. :D

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=008657

Tha Greatest
08-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Anybody remenber this guy? Was he any good? Any pictures?
They say he was the first Curiser to get a belt four times, I'am just intrested in knowing peoples opinion on him, since I never have seen his fights before. Wasnt my time. Dont mine my signature or sub-title. :D

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=008657

He was the first Cruiserweight to get a belt 4 times...but that's the bad thing...

That just means he lost his title to a bum 4 different times...

IwatchBoxing
08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
He was the first Cruiserweight to get a belt 4 times...but that's the bad thing...

That just means he lost his title to a bum 4 different times...
I'ma run through his losses and stuff from boxrec,

He got his 1st belt from Marvin Camel 36-2-2 by MD 15, than he defended two times before losing to ST Gordon by TKO 2, than got belt back from him in a rematch by UD, defended belt four times until losing to Alfonso Ratliff by SD, than he beats Bernard Benton (who took belt from Raliff) to gain it again, defends four more times until losig by TKO 8 to Evander Holyfeild, Evander moves up, and he fights for the vacant to defend it two times (winning one by draw), than gets disqauilfed in his next fight going downhill from there.

So that means he defended his belt 13 something times, does that sound great at Curiserweight?

Tha Greatest
08-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I'ma run through his losses and stuff from boxrec,

He got his 1st belt from Marvin Camel 36-2-2 by MD 15, than he defended two times before losing to ST Gordon by TKO 2, than got belt back from him in a rematch by UD, defended belt four times until losing to Alfonso Ratliff by SD, than he beats Bernard Benton (who took belt from Raliff) to gain it again, defends four more times until losig by TKO 8 to Evander Holyfeild, Evander moves up, and he fights for the vacant to defend it two times (winning one by draw), than gets disqauilfed in his next fight going downhill from there.

So that means he defended his belt 13 something times, does that sound great at Curiserweight?

13 defenses in a row is pretty good...

His loss to Holyfield don't mean nothin cuz he lost to a all time great...

This guy don't sound like a all time great, but he sounds like a tough game opponent..

IwatchBoxing
08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
13 defenses in a row is pretty good...

His loss to Holyfield don't mean nothin cuz he lost to a all time great...

This guy don't sound like a all time great, but he sounds like a tough game opponent..
I know, I was just wondering why I havent seen on PR great lists or anything, ****, I cant even find a photo of him.

Tha Greatest
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I know, I was wondering why I havent seen on PR great lists or anything, ****, I cant even find a photo of him.

Maybe because he wasn't that great...

btw check out that thread of mine on Esteban Dejesus.

IwatchBoxing
08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Maybe because he wasn't that great...

btw check out that thread of mine on Esteban Dejesus.
Kool, where at? I was just in a train of thought about this kinda stuff, since I'm doing Homework, I was wondering how does he rank among Curiserweights too. On Boxrec ( I know), he ranks below Eubank who aint even a curiser, at #4.

wmute
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Kool, where at? I was just in a train of thought about this kinda stuff, since I'm doing Homework, I was wondering how does he rank among Curiserweights too. On Boxrec ( I know), he ranks below Eubank who aint even a curiser, at #4.

see, that should tell you something about boxrec ratings...

brownpimp88
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
No one seems to talk about this guy, he had some success.

Emon723
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I remember this guy won the cruiserweight title 4 times but nobody cares on what he did.