View Full Version : improving hand speed and left hook??!!

jamieliverpool
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Im 23 and new to boxing although boxing has been my favourite sport all my life iv just never had the confidence or bottle to join a gym so stuck to football.

I use my heavy bag most nights (probably picked up alot of bad habits)!! I sometimes feel like my hand speed is sluggish and being right handed my left hook feels akward to throw. whats the best way to improve my hand speed ?

SBleeder
09-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Im 23 and new to boxing although boxing has been my favourite sport all my life iv just never had the confidence or bottle to join a gym so stuck to football.

I use my heavy bag most nights (probably picked up alot of bad habits)!! I sometimes feel like my hand speed is sluggish and being right handed my left hook feels akward to throw. whats the best way to improve my hand speed ?

1. Join a gym.
2. Join a gym.
3. Join a gym.

royjoneschin
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
1. Join a gym.
2. Join a gym.
3. Join a gym.

Definitely. New people join boxing gyms everyday without any knowledge of the sport at all.

mikeyh1015
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
dude, these guys are gonna swarm you with thier "join a Gym" stuff. Which is true but thier is alot of knowledge out thier like youtube, boxingscene, Google, etc.... if you wanna sharpen up. But if your serious join a BOXING GYM.
Check out my vid

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJdQoj1UqfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJdQoj1UqfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Del Coqui
09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
fuk the videos and what anybody tells you here. Join a gym and you'll understand. To improve hand speed and your left hook you need proper training.

bernardotelo
09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
dude, these guys are gonna swarm you with thier "join a Gym" stuff. Which is true but thier is alot of knowledge out thier like youtube, boxingscene, Google, etc.... if you wanna sharpen up. But if your serious join a BOXING GYM.
Check out my vid

VIDEO SO BAD THAT IT WAS REMOVED

I don't now why you brag about that video of yours in every post if you at least did something good in it you'd have an excuse...

mrboxer
09-15-2010, 10:43 AM

Check out my vid

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJdQoj1UqfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJdQoj1UqfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

you and the guy in the video have to start from the basics,stand in front of a mirror and throw jabs and combos,step side to side feint here and there step around come under slip hook right, left,do this for a couple of months then hit the bag,:boxing:

Amazinger
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Speedball ..But then again it takes a lot of practise to even have a rythm.

I suggest try using very light dumbell when shadow boxing.something like 2lbs. but make sure it's a controlled punches or else you might hyper-extend.

You will see and feel the difference right away.