View Full Version : Having Full Fat Milk In Your Protein Shake?

Perfect Plex
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Will I still get all the benefits of the protien by having full fat organic milk in my shake? Instead of water?

bernardotelo
09-12-2010, 06:18 PM
the thing is...if you take iit with water 10minutes tops and it's in your organism and with milk it can be just like the digestive system so it can take hours

questionare
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Will I still get all the benefits of the protien by having full fat organic milk in my shake? Instead of water?

You will still get the benifits... and also you will increase the amount of protein in your shake... however it will take longer to digest, this is why most recommend having it with water after workout, and with milk in the morning or at bed time.

By the way, why will you use full fat milk? it will add fat to your diet, which I believe you should avoid...

Marlin26
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
You will still get the benifits... and also you will increase the amount of protein in your shake... however it will take longer to digest, this is why most recommend having it with water after workout, and with milk in the morning or at bed time.

By the way, why will you use full fat milk? it will add fat to your diet, which I believe you should avoid...

this is not true, fat is an essential part of a healthy diet. it is recommended you consume a healthy amount of fats and I do not mean saturated or trans fats.

lets say something has a fat content of 13g
3g is saturated
0.5g is trans
that leaves 9.5g's of good fat that is essential for good health.

SBleeder
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
What is the "benefit" of having a protein shake to begin with? Just eat foods with protein in them. Most people eat way too much protein anyways.

Clegg
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Indeed. It can be better with water in the morning though, as it gets the protein into your system ASAP when you first wake up.

What is the "benefit" of having a protein shake to begin with? Just eat foods with protein in them. Most people eat way too much protein anyways.

Most people do not eat too much protein.

As for the benefits, for one if you want more protein in your diet, buying whey and having it in a drink is a lot cheaper than buying chicken, cod or other sources of protein. Aside from the cost factor, a protein shake is ideal to have post-workout and sometimes before you sleep. It's also a lot easier to use a tub over the course of a month rather than continually buying and cooking/preparing food all the time.

SBleeder
09-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Most people do not eat too much protein.

As for the benefits, for one if you want more protein in your diet, buying whey and having it in a drink is a lot cheaper than buying chicken, cod or other sources of protein. Aside from the cost factor, a protein shake is ideal to have post-workout and sometimes before you sleep. It's also a lot easier to use a tub over the course of a month rather than continually buying and cooking/preparing food all the time.

I understand it may be cheaper, but even for someone like me who's a super-heavyweight (220 lbs), I only need about 150 grams of protein a day. That can easily be consumed through foods.