No announcement yet.

Gary St. Clair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary St. Clair

Anybody know anything about this guy which isn't in boxrec.com?

He is reputedly a pretty tough guy. ****, he went 10 with Corrales without getting dropped so he must be.

I heard his fight with Dorrin was a war.

Comment

Originally posted by LuKahnLi
      He is reputedly a pretty tough guy. ****, he went 10 with Corrales without getting dropped so he must be.

I heard his fight with Dorrin was a war.
      I'm still befouled that he never hit the canvas, not with Chico, not with Dorin....dammnnn.

Comment

Maybe it's because they kept missing him coz he's just 5'4

Comment

Originally posted by Verbl_Kint
          Anybody know anything about this guy which isn't in boxrec.com?
          Picked up this post by Grayfist from the other thread "Pac to fight WBO champ in November".

Boxrec tells the story of Gairy St. Clair:

Inspite of having been classified as a featherweight, St. Clair never fought in that division until he met Decho Bankkluaygym of Thailand for the vacant WBO Intercontinental title just this past August. He won that fight on scores of 119-110, 117-111 and 116-112. The fight was in New South Wales.

His record stands at 34-3-2 (14), having lost only to Vivian Harris (then, 15-0) in a 138 lbs contest at the Blue Horizon in Philly (UD10); Diego Corrales (then 25-0) in an IBF Superfeatherweight eliminator at the Yoshemite Hall in Sacramento (UD12); and Leonard Dorin (then, 15-0) in Montreal, Canada (UD10). He salvaged a draw against a then 14-3-1 Bernard Harris in South Carolina.

His spectacular wins so far (if that) are TKO1's vs. winless opponents Malcolm Lowery and Rio Saragih. Of the 14 Ko's in St. Clair's record, only three were actual KO's, the rest TKO's. His Ko victims were Filipino fighter Bart Abapo, a prospect named Shane Breslin (3-0, coming in) and Earl Trotman, who was debuting when he fell to St. Clair. Trotman was St. Clair's 1st KO victim; twas only St. Clair's 4th fight.

St. Clair debuted in 1994 vs. a fighter named Nigel Boston and took a split decision, in Guyana, where he had his first four fights. He travelled to New York for his fifth and sixth, which he both won, the one against David Forbes ending in a TKO4. Thereafter, he went around the US and had fights in New Jersey (including one against a 3-11-1 Edwin Ruiz which he won by UD), Miami and Worcester, MA. He won all of his first 16 fights except the draw with BHarris, before suffering his first defeat in the hands of Chico in December, 1998. After having been beaten by Corrales, St. Clair went back to Guyana and won the Guyanese Superfeatherweight title against a 14-6-2 Vincent Howard (UD12), Feb. 1999. He successfully defended the title, two months later, against Aldrich Johnson (then, 18-7-0), before meeting Vivian Harris in December of the same year. After the defeat to VHarris, St. Clair went 9 months without a fight, and then went up against Dorin. After the Dorin fight, he went on a one year hiatus before re-surfaccing in Australia, where he has been exclusively fighting since 2000.

St. Clair operates from an orthodox stance, is 29 years old and stands 5'4, which leaves one wondering what he was doing in the ring against the Corraleses, Harisses and Dorrins. Nevertheless, his having gone the full route with all three shows how much of a chin he has, and, equally important, how big a heart he possesses.

Along with the WBO feather belt, St. Clair holds the WBF International Superfeatherweight championship after knocking out (6) Bart Abapo for the vacant throne as well as the IBF Pan Pacific Superfeatherweight crown after stopping James Swan in Sydney.

This St. Clair, he doesn't look like cannon fodder to me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like one tough SOB indeed. Murad is lining up a Jr. Welter for Pac's tune-up who went the distance with the likes of Chicco, Dorrin and Harris???

Comment

This is a good one . . . .

A good fight for Manny with a guy with a formiable reputation. A good measuring stick on how hard and strong really is Manny's punches. This guy was able to hang around with a lot of named tough fighters out there . . . now we will see how Manny will fare against him. LET'S GET IT ON !!!!

Comment

Gary Sinclair Fight out of Australia, and I've seen him many times, he has fought all the best here in Australia, Is not all that old and Is Durable.

I'm not too Sure he has ever Kissed the canvas, I'm Sure he hasn't, but he as had some wars, He used to be trained by Jeff Fenech

He is From Georgetown Gyuna, but now is trained by Craig Christianson, in Perth, Where I Come From.

His Record is 34 wins (14KO's) 3 Losses and has Never Been KO'ed, has a bit of Power and is very Durable, He is like a little Lovemore Ndou
              Last edited by Yarmez; 09-28-2004, 09:37 PM. Reason: Shit Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Yarmez
                Gary Sinclair Fight out of Australia, and I've seen him many times, he has fought all the best here in Australia, Is not all that old and Is Durable.

I'm not too Sure he has ever Kissed the canvas, I'm Sure he hasn't, but he as had some wars, He used to be trained by Jeff Fenech

He is From Georgetown Gyuna, but now is trained by Craig Christianson, in Perth, Where I Come From.

His Record is 34 wins (14KO's) 3 Losses and has Never Been KO'ed, has a bit of Power and is very Durable, He is like a little Lovemore Ndou
                How do you think he will fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Yarmez

Thanks for the info Yarmez. Hey MOOKS, expect this guy to be tough as nails if he was trained by Jeff Fenech. Remember our pal Nedal? Remember what sort of nastyness and grit he gave Manny? Nedal's a sample of what those Fenech boys can do. I don't wanna underrate Clair anymore. If he used to be trained by Fenech, he just got my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by FistFest
                    Thanks for the info Yarmez. Hey MOOKS, expect this guy to be tough as nails if he was trained by Jeff Fenech. Remember our pal Nedal? Remember what sort of nastyness and grit he gave Manny? Nedal's a sample of what those Fenech boys can do. I don't wanna underrate Clair anymore. If he used to be trained by Fenech, he just got my respect.
                    LOL Didn't Fenech say that he would NEVER bring his boxers to fioght in the Philippines again? Lol I guess he likes getting hit with those water bottles

Comment

Working...
                    X