View Full Version : Alcohol

mck214
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I know it is best to refrain from boozing as much as possible while training, but I love to drink. What would be the best thing to drink alcohol wise that has the least negative effects: - Just a couple drinks
- getting a glow on
- Getting **** hammered
Obviously beer is the worst. how much does wine affect the body? what about mixed drinks, such as rye and ginger or plain old vodka and waters.

bernardotelo
09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I know it is best to refrain from boozing as much as possible while training, but I love to drink. What would be the best thing to drink alcohol wise that has the least negative effects: - Just a couple drinks
- getting a glow on
- Getting **** hammered
Obviously beer is the worst. how much does wine affect the body? what about mixed drinks, such as rye and ginger or plain old vodka and waters.

well people say that a glass of wine a day is good for the hearth, the thing is people usually get addicted to it a drink more than one

mck214
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Ya I know half a glass of red wine at dinner is good, but what about pounding two bottles of wine than going downtown and hammering a bunch more. or vodka? or rye? what im asking is what would be the best thing to drink while still maintaining while training

bernardotelo
09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Ya I know half a glass of red wine at dinner is good, but what about pounding two bottles of wine than going downtown and hammering a bunch more. or vodka? or rye? what im asking is what would be the best thing to drink while still maintaining while training

I'm only 15 so about that i don't know sorry

Curtiz
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm only 15 so about that i don't know sorry

Lmfao

to TS

I'd say it depends on your split.

I used to do.

Mon , tues

Wed off

Thurs fri

sat sun off

so friday is the best day

Worked well for me at the time. Recovery wise.

But if your serious don't bother drinking....

dannnnn
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
If you're serious about your drinking, try not to let training interfere, perhaps even cut it out altogether.

I used to drink hard six days a week and take one day off to rest and recover. It's important to listen to your body, you don't want to overdrink in case you pick up a liver injury and have to spend a few weeks out of the boozer.

Here's my old workout, it might be a bit tough for a beginner/lightweight, but stick with it and you'll rapidly start seeing results:

Monday - Nothing too heavy since I might still be feeling a bit hungover from the weekend.

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

3x Double whiskey (or spirit of your choice)
8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine
1x Irish coffee *Note - for added results, go heavy with the 'Irish' and don't bother with the coffee.

Thursday - By this stage of the week, your body should already be quite pissed provided you're not slacking, now would be a good time to ease off in preparation for the weekend. What I like to do instead though, is up the intake dramatically to 'shock' my body and kick it into a higher gear.

3x Shots of Absynthe
2x Bottles of White Lightning
6x Cans of Special Brew
8x Pints of lager (after a few weeks of this routine, start adding in a whiskey chaser every other pint)

Friday/Saturday - Consider the rest of the week the 'undercard' and this the 'main event'. You'll probably want to start the evening off respectably with a few light ales at around 7pm before really getting stuck in until the early hours. You can basically choose to drink whatever you want providing you get absolutely s.hit faced and wake up with severe memory loss and a shirt covered in vomit.

1x Anything and everything
1x Greasy Kebab

Sunday - This is your rest day. It's important to let your body heal and recuperate in time for the following week. Don't get out of bed before 2pm.

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

It's a pretty strict regime and it requires a lot of dedication, but nobody said this game was easy. The best thing is; the more you drink, the less hungry you'll be, so you won't have to worry about buying food, which will leave you more money to get pissed with. It's a win-win situation.

Good luck :boxing:

elgaringo
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
If you're serious about your drinking, try not to let training interfere, perhaps even cut it out altogether.

I used to drink hard six days a week and take one day off to rest and recover. It's important to listen to your body, you don't want to overdrink in case you pick up a liver injury and have to spend a few weeks out of the boozer.

Here's my old workout, it might be a bit tough for a beginner/lightweight, but stick with it and you'll rapidly start seeing results:

Monday - Nothing too heavy since I might still be feeling a bit hungover from the weekend.

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine
1x Irish coffee *Note - for added results, go heavy with the 'Irish' and don't bother with the coffee.

Thursday - By this stage of the week, your body should already be quite pissed provided you're not slacking, now would be a good time to ease off in preparation for the weekend. What I like to do instead though, is up the intake dramatically to 'shock' my body and kick it into a higher gear.

3x Shots of Absynthe
6x Cans of Special Brew
8x Pints of lager (after a few weeks of this routine, start adding in a whiskey chaser every other pint)

Friday/Saturday - Consider the rest of the week the 'undercard' and this the 'main event'. You'll probably want to start the evening off respectably with a few light ales at around 7pm before really getting stuck in until the early hours. You can basically choose to drink whatever you want providing you get absolutely s.hit faced and wake up with severe memory loss and a shirt covered in vomit.

1x Greasy Kebab

Sunday - This is your rest day. It's important to let your body heal and recuperate in time for the following week. Don't get out of bed before 2pm.

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

It's a pretty strict regime and it requires a lot of dedication, but nobody said this game was easy. The best thing is; the more you drink, the less hungry you'll be, so you won't have to worry about buying food, which will leave you more money to get pissed with. It's a win-win situation.

LMAO a lot!!!!!! Your a funny guy :stooges:

SBleeder
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine

3x Shots of Absynthe
6x Cans of Special Brew

1x Greasy Kebab

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

Stop plagiarizing. You got that routine from Ricky Hatton, so give him some credit.

putaloco
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine

3x Shots of Absynthe
6x Cans of Special Brew

1x Greasy Kebab

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

lmfao! wow thats the stuff champions are made of!

Othello
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Stop plagiarizing. You got that routine from Ricky Hatton, so give him some credit.
:haha:lmao

the_painless
09-09-2010, 06:13 PM

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine

3x Shots of Absynthe
6x Cans of Special Brew

1x Greasy Kebab

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

I think I'd rather work my ass off in the gym. Sounds much easier than that. lol

mck214
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
well played, dannnnn. well played indeed

oaklandstephen
09-10-2010, 05:08 AM
- getting a glow on
- Getting **** hammered

i think u may have a drinking problem, just try and drink a lil after ur fights.

alza1988
09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
The thing about alcahol man it's supposed to have more kcal per gram than fat but you can still maybe get away with a social one if you train hard enough .Also if your boozing make sure you train harder that day man so you don't gain any excess fat
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/drink-recipes/low-cal-drinking-9855
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/what-to-eat/post-pub-food-10115
http://uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_150/185_eating_well.html

Spartacus Sully
09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
The thing about alcahol man it's supposed to have more kcal per gram than fat but you can still maybe get away with a social one if you train hard enough .Also if your boozing make sure you train harder that day man so you don't gain any excess fat
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/drink-recipes/low-cal-drinking-9855
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/what-to-eat/post-pub-food-10115
http://uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_150/185_eating_well.html

calories = light the item and see how many degrees a gram of water rises

if your lighting alcohol its going to burn alot hotter then fat and sugar.

that the alcohol is metabolized into something completely different then alcohol before its broken down in the body it does not carry the same calorie guidelines and you would have to take the metabolized substance and test that for calories in comparison to fat.

Uturn
09-10-2010, 07:44 AM

8x Pints of lager

Tuesday/Wednesday -

8x Pints of lager
2x Bottles of wine

3x Shots of Absynthe
6x Cans of Special Brew

1x Greasy Kebab

1x Fry up
1x Packet of Paracetamol

Wow that is a ****ing EPIC routine! Thanks for revealing Ricky Hatton's diet :boxing:

But on a serious note, if you want to drink once a week, then it's either a Friday & Saturday, pick and choose, don't make it a habit though. Try to take some weeks off drinking, and when you feel it's most convient to have a couple of drinks then go for it. When I say this though, it's not a good idea to get completely smashed, you need to drink in a moderate mannor! Think about it anyway, alcohol will never enhance your performance so keep it to a bare minimal. That's all

Casual

#1Assassin
09-10-2010, 08:04 AM

wine is not good for you as an athlete.

doctors say a glass of wine at dinner is good for you bcuz in western society ppl are so stressed out. the wine helps you relax and the stress you get rid of is more harmful than the wine itself when drinking in moderation.

as a boxer u use your training to deal with stress and even if u dont, damaging your body isnt a good way of dealing with stress for any athlete. there are other ways.

you dont seem like u want to be drinking in moderation anyways.

u can either drink heavily once, maybe twice a year. or have a few drinks once every 3-4 months. anything more than that and u will never be able to succeed as a boxer. i would heavily reccommend not drinking at all.

the most harmful aspect of alcohol for a boxer is the long term effect, lack of stamina, reduced coordination and premature aging. drink too much and u will be washed up as a fighter before u got the chance to peak. in addition to the short term effects, hurting your training and slowing down the rate at which you improve.

boxing is more than a sport, its a lifestyle. u need to make a lifestyle choice and decide how badly u want to be a fighter. keep in mind theres thousands of ppl making all the sacrifices needed to succeed, if u dont u in this port u wont just fail u will get hurt. either drop the booze or stop fighting.

alza1988
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM
calories = light the item and see how many degrees a gram of water rises

if your lighting alcohol its going to burn alot hotter then fat and sugar.

that the alcohol is metabolized into something completely different then alcohol before its broken down in the body it does not carry the same calorie guidelines and you would have to take the metabolized substance and test that for calories in comparison to fat.

Yep buddy but you'd have to train drunk to burn it off .It is more likley to store as fat because it's alot of excess calories on your daily guidline .