View Full Version : Joe Gans

TysonForeman
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
The CoxsCorner website has a very interesting article about Joe Gans. The author says that Gans is the pound for pound greatest fighter of all time, and of course the greatest lightweight. I've read some other sources that also say Gans was almost supernaturally great. He's is described as being the perfect fighter.

What do you guys think about Joe Gans? Has anyone seen any film of him?

Dempsey 1919
11-23-2005, 02:28 PM
The CoxsCorner website has a very interesting article about Joe Gans. The author says that Gans is the pound for pound greatest fighter of all time, and of course the greatest lightweight. I've read some other sources that also say Gans was almost supernaturally great. He's is described as being the perfect fighter.

What do you guys think about Joe Gans? Has anyone seen any film of him?

i've seen some film of him, and he definelely is p4p an all-time great. i heard that they used to blindfold about 4 or 5 black men and let them beat eachother up blindfolded in the ring until there was one man standing! and the winner got something like $5! and that was how gans learned boxing! pretty interesting, huh?

http://www.harrygreb.com/AllentownJoeGans.jpeg

speed_devil
11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
He don't look like he is holding his fists properly but hey hes the pro

KidBlackie
11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
The film that exists on Gans is poor quality and few fights. IBRO historians recently voted him the 3rd best lightweight after Benny Leonard and Roberto Duran. Young Langford coming up beat him when Sam was just a lightweight, but Gan's title was not on the line. Poor Sam, was screwed again.