View Full Version : Gloves or no Gloves

+= El Jefe=+
07-28-2005, 08:26 PM
well im a college student which translates into having no $$ whatsoever, but i just got a pounching bag took me a while to save all the extra money i could get.
now i got it up but i got no gloves i only have handwraps i get some bag work at the gym but i wanna get some at my house too
should i start hitting the bag with no gloves and only my handwraps. should i give it a try or is it too risky for me to hit a bag with no gloves?

boxer Of thE World
07-28-2005, 11:52 PM
lightly hitting it i guess would work but i wouldnt pound it try to get some gloves theyll help a lot but do like quick light snapping puches should be fine untill u get gloves

reebox8225
07-29-2005, 02:10 AM
I wouldn't advise it.

dionysusolympus
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't advise it.

Agreed. Get the economy bag gloves...you can find them at your sports store or something.

elveiel
07-29-2005, 10:47 AM
You definitely need gloves.

BadMagick
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
For now, buy a pair of those $19.99 Everlast gloves from Wal-Mart or something, and save up $50 for the Ringside Super Bag Gloves.

manila_assasin
07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
well im a college student which translates into having no $$ whatsoever, but i just got a pounching bag took me a while to save all the extra money i could get.
now i got it up but i got no gloves i only have handwraps i get some bag work at the gym but i wanna get some at my house too
should i start hitting the bag with no gloves and only my handwraps. should i give it a try or is it too risky for me to hit a bag with no gloves?

Never hit the bag without gloves. You are risking yourself of a nasty injury.

+= El Jefe=+
07-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Never hit the bag without gloves. You are risking yourself of a nasty injury.
actually last night it was rainy and i i punched the bag ONCE bare fisted and guess what ??
yeah that i ****ing bent my wrist the wrong way
it doesnt hurt but i cant move it around much :(

Round 1
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
You should not hit the bag bare fisted, not the heavy bag, the speed bag or the crazy bag. you're risking injury here.

pug1986
07-29-2005, 10:49 PM
sometimes I punch concrete walls out of impulse, anyone else do that? usually not hard enough to break anything though

Tha Greatest
07-30-2005, 09:16 PM
sometimes I punch concrete walls out of impulse, anyone else do that? usually not hard enough to break anything though

Ok, gangster

chopper77
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
When I first started at around fourteen, I made my own heavybag out of an old tackling dummy the high school AD gave me. It was soft enough to where I could hit it with leather truckers gloves. You know, just regular rancher type work gloves. They worked ok, but what will eventually happen is your knuckles will start spreading, which leaves you more susceptable to breaks later on. Like what was posted earlier, try to get even the most inexpensive bag gloves you can find, always always wrap your hands, and then tear it up. Contrary to the earlier post from the jug head, stay away from concrete walls, gloves or no gloves.

rocco1252
08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Dont Recommend Hitting The Bag Without Gloves With Or Without Handwraps You Will Not Only Hurt Your Knuckles You Could Potentially Injure Your Wrist!

Kayo
08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt recommend it theres a chance of a serious injury leaving you unable to punch for a loooong time