No announcement yet.

Floyd Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Patterson

Floyd Patterson 2 time heavyweight champion who fought everyone during a fantastic career spanning 20yrs, skillful, lightening fast with knockout drops in his left-hook, Floyd was trained by the Legendary Cus D'Amato his achievements are outstanding, where do you rate him.

2 Time World Heavyweight Champion
    Youngest Heavyweight Champion (overtaken by M.Tyson)
    1st man to regain Heavyweight Title
    Olympic Champion
    5 Times Golden Gloves Champion
    Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year 1956 & 1960
    Ring Magazine Fight of the Year 1965

I rate him very highly, one of the most talented men to ever lace up the gloves.

With a better ability to absorb a punch and perhaps a little more size the guy could conceivably have been worthy of being a top ten all time heavyweight. In terms of sheer 'skill' he may well be top ten. He deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Holmes, Walcott, Louis, Charles, Tunney and Johnson skillwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      I rate him very highly, one of the most talented men to ever lace up the gloves.

With a better ability to absorb a punch and perhaps a little more size the guy could conceivably have been worthy of being a top ten all time heavyweight. In terms of sheer 'skill' he may well be top ten. He deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Holmes, Walcott, Louis, Charles, Tunney and Johnson skillwise.
      Great comments sugarj

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post

If he had fought there, he would have been an ATG Light Heavy. he chose, wisely, to make $. Patterson is always fascinating because he showed after his title days were gone that he was much better than the too meekly handled champion he had been. Great speed, pop, balls.

Comment

great skilled fighter, in my opinion is the fastest heavyweight of all time

Comment

Cheers Sonnyboyx.

I also agree with the comments from Crold. He could have been a legendary light heavyweight champ.

And Game2010 too. Patterson was proven to have a faster left than Ali when put through a synchroniser, but Ali's right was faster. To my eye I cant pick between them on the combination front. Patterson could hit you with a combination when you were on the way down......very quick guy!

Comment

May have gone down as the greatest lightheavyweight ever had he not moved up to heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
              X