has any fights comming up

there is alot of posters here
alot who sound liek they know alot

but i only see a few who actually fight

anyone else has any fights comming up
or jsut recently had a fight

Sir Fancylot
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I have a fight next month, should be good.

Time for my second KO.

boxer2k5
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
thats whats up

you gonna enter diamond gloves as a novice?

Barrera fan
07-26-2005, 06:41 PM
ive got one in september

leff
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
ill be fighting when season starts in september.

spinksjinx
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I just had one the beginning of July, I will have another in August.

Tha Greatest
07-26-2005, 11:36 PM
has any fights comming up

there is alot of posters here
alot who sound liek they know alot

but i only see a few who actually fight

anyone else has any fights comming up
or jsut recently had a fight

August 20th hopefully...

boxer2k5
07-26-2005, 11:56 PM
ill be fighting when season starts in september.
season starts?

boxing aint got any seasons
its all year long

PunchDrunk
07-27-2005, 02:00 AM
season starts?

boxing aint got any seasons
its all year long

Not in Europe. I believe leff is from Norway or Sweden. They take all summer off, there are usually no fights at this time, unless you're at the elite level.

I have 3 fighters who are going to the European U19 championships in Estonia. We leave on friday.

Tha Greatest
07-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Not in Europe. I believe leff is from Norway or Sweden. They take all summer off, there are usually no fights at this time, unless you're at the elite level.

No wonder they don't have got the greatest fighters from there LOL

Don't take offense, I was born in Sweden...

.::EnRiQuE::.
07-27-2005, 02:10 AM
i don't have any fights coming up til like maybe late august

boxer2k5
07-27-2005, 02:29 AM

i was thinking the same thing
no wonder they are garbage lol

PunchDrunk
07-27-2005, 06:24 AM

Haha, none taken! :)

It's definitely a major mistake, and it's also one we don't make at our gym. We train year round. Obviously, when there are no fights for 3 months (for some of the fighters), we work on different things during that break, than we would during the "season". So it actually works out pretty good for us. Everybody else, hust take 3 months off, and do whatever. Their loss, haha.
In fact, the 3 guys we have that are going to the Euro's, have been training twice a day for most of the summer. Except for one phase, where they trained 3 times a day! That's a lot of training, but necessary, when you're likely to be squared up against the Russians.
I just read that the American team lost 5-6 to Ukraine, at the World Cup. Then Russia beat Ukraine 11-0! :eek: The Cubans and the Russians are amazing in the amateur game... :cool:

leff
07-27-2005, 07:46 AM

I have 3 fighters who are going to the European U19 championships in Estonia. We leave on friday.

im actually from Prague, but yeah i live and train in oslo Norway.

ive been with injuri about a month.

and im back training now, im gonna be a very dangerous person when season starts.

Boxer2k5
if eurpean boxer suck ass, how come we whop american ass every olympic????

like someone else said here the russian fighters are encredible.

PunchDrunk
07-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Lol, guys, ease up, we don't want another Local Patriotism war in here. That **** gets tiring fast...

boxer2k5
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM

It's definitely a major mistake, and it's also one we don't make at our gym. We train year round. Obviously, when there are no fights for 3 months (for some of the fighters), we work on different things during that break, than we would during the "season". So it actually works out pretty good for us. Everybody else, hust take 3 months off, and do whatever. Their loss, haha.
In fact, the 3 guys we have that are going to the Euro's, have been training twice a day for most of the summer. Except for one phase, where they trained 3 times a day! That's a lot of training, but necessary, when you're likely to be squared up against the Russians.
I just read that the American team lost 5-6 to Ukraine, at the World Cup. Then Russia beat Ukraine 11-0! :eek: The Cubans and the Russians are amazing in the amateur game... :cool:

it seems americans stray away from fundementals fast
it makes them good in the pros
because they ahve mroe options and re allowed to do more
in amatures they get mad if yout aunt
they get mad if your hands are down

we can be much mroe comfortable in the pros than amatures

zip
07-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Season in Sweden doesnt start until september so no fights for me.

boxer2k5
07-27-2005, 08:37 PM
i wish the best of luck to all of us
we are the future of this sport

lets get the jb done and not let money side track us

we are the warriors gladiators of the future
its up to us to bring back the respect boxing ocne had

BadMagick
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
im actually from Prague, but yeah i live and train in oslo Norway.

ive been with injuri about a month.

and im back training now, im gonna be a very dangerous person when season starts.

Boxer2k5
if eurpean boxer suck ass, how come we whop american ass every olympic????

like someone else said here the russian fighters are encredible.

Because Amateurs are not important to American fighters? Didn't we have a medalist or two in America last olympics?

.::EnRiQuE::.
07-27-2005, 08:54 PM
i wish the best of luck to all of us
we are the future of this sport

lets get the jb done and not let money side track us

we are the warriors gladiators of the future
its up to us to bring back the respect boxing ocne had
i'd toast to that if i drank alcohol..but yea u get the point..we're here to bring respect back to boxing and make a name for our selves....good luck everyone

b-rine
07-27-2005, 09:04 PM
i would be fighting but im not done cutting weight yet. then i have my first clinical rotation from late august til the end of september, so i wont be fighting til late october or early november.

by the way anyone know of anything in the houston area between now and then? ive tried looking but cant find anything. the next usa boxing event around here isnt til november. it is here in galveston and i will fight in that, but i was hoping to find something on a consistant basis. let me know if you have some info...

zip
07-27-2005, 10:23 PM

You dont happen to be in Uppsala IF do you?

PunchDrunk
07-28-2005, 02:01 AM
You dont happen to be in Uppsala IF do you?

No, I'm from Denmark. :)

PunchDrunk
07-28-2005, 02:13 AM
it seems americans stray away from fundementals fast
it makes them good in the pros
because they ahve mroe options and re allowed to do more
in amatures they get mad if yout aunt
they get mad if your hands are down

we can be much mroe comfortable in the pros than amatures

I think it's more than that. The scoring systems are vastly different. Especially international Amateur scoring. In America, people fight closer to a pro style, even in the amateurs, because, essentially, amateur fighting is only a stepping stone to going pro. This is not necessarily the case in some of the other countries. In Russia, Cuba, Kasakhstan and a lot of other countries, they take the amateur game much more seriously than they (mostly) do in the US. Sure, the fighters may have aspirations to go pro eventually, but the whole organisation, the coaches and so forth, are not looking to get their guys to go pro, so they can make some money with/off them.

I disagree with the hands down thing. This has changed a LOT. 5 years ago, they scored the fights differently. If you didn't absolutely snap the guys head back, you wouldn't score. Therefore the prevalent style was a high guard and single or one-two punches thrown hard. This favored primitive, storng sluggers, not necessarily skilled boxers.
Nowadays, they press the buttons A LOT more. If you look at the scoring, it's gone from fights typically ending 15-10, to ending up at 35-23. Much higher numbers. You can even get points from working the body now. This favors taller, faster, more mobile boxers, and having your hands at your waist is not a problem, if your mobile enough, and a sharp enough counterpuncher. Amir Khan keeps his hands kinda low. Mario Kindelan keeps his hands low.
Overall, I like the new way of scoring, because it favors BOXERS with SKILL, not primitive sluggers with just strength. :)

PunchDrunk
07-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Because Amateurs are not important to American fighters? Didn't we have a medalist or two in America last olympics?

If you look at the strength of American pros, compared to American amateurs, I think it pretty much speaks for itself. A medalist or two is NOTHING when you look at what Russia or Cuba had. And how good are the Russians and Cubans in the pros? Sure they have a few good fighters, but nothing compared to the US. In the amateurs, Russia would probably beat the US ten times out of ten these days.

How many American fighters do you see winning 2 or 3 three Olympic gold medals? None. Why? Not because they're not good enough, but because if they win ONE, they'll go pro immediately. Case in point, the amateur game is just a stepping stone for the American fighter, not something that REALLY counts, in itself.

The Russians and Cubans are often grown men with a lot of experience, where the Americans are teens, not experienced enough to go pro yet. That is the difference. :)

boxer2k5
07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I think it's more than that. The scoring systems are vastly different. Especially international Amateur scoring. In America, people fight closer to a pro style, even in the amateurs, because, essentially, amateur fighting is only a stepping stone to going pro. This is not necessarily the case in some of the other countries. In Russia, Cuba, Kasakhstan and a lot of other countries, they take the amateur game much more seriously than they (mostly) do in the US. Sure, the fighters may have aspirations to go pro eventually, but the whole organisation, the coaches and so forth, are not looking to get their guys to go pro, so they can make some money with/off them.

I disagree with the hands down thing. This has changed a LOT. 5 years ago, they scored the fights differently. If you didn't absolutely snap the guys head back, you wouldn't score. Therefore the prevalent style was a high guard and single or one-two punches thrown hard. This favored primitive, storng sluggers, not necessarily skilled boxers.
Nowadays, they press the buttons A LOT more. If you look at the scoring, it's gone from fights typically ending 15-10, to ending up at 35-23. Much higher numbers. You can even get points from working the body now. This favors taller, faster, more mobile boxers, and having your hands at your waist is not a problem, if your mobile enough, and a sharp enough counterpuncher. Amir Khan keeps his hands kinda low. Mario Kindelan keeps his hands low.
Overall, I like the new way of scoring, because it favors BOXERS with SKILL, not primitive sluggers with just strength. :)

good points punchy

hitman7hearns7
07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
english amateur boxing is also influenced alot by the pro game but this is starting to change

i can completly understand ur poit about it being just a stepping stone from the americans going pro because when they fought england v america ,the english won 8 - 2

showing the differnt emphasis on the matuer game in england compared to america

im a amtuer and even tho there is a season we all still train for that period when the season is not on, just not as intensly

reebox8225
07-29-2005, 02:17 AM
hopefully I will get a sometimes this fall, It is tough to get a fight in Kentucky because there isn't many shows at all.