View Full Version : Halo

punch
07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Halo 1 was cool, Halo 2 SUX!

TheBrownBomber22
07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
yeah but the online multiplayer was good.

Pico Hollywood
07-25-2005, 07:36 PM
all I ever did with Halo 2 was play online... I never really got in to the story mode Halo 1 was Great though..

BadMagick
07-26-2005, 02:11 PM

Great topic, and an even better argument to back-up why Halo 2 sucks.

Care to explain why 2 sucks, but 1 is great? Is it because you lose the pistol, which was overpowered, in 2? Is it because you can't deal with actually having to have board knowledge, knowing which weapon combos will work better at certain boards, and which won't work at all? Unlike in the original where you just needed a pistol and a rocket launcher, or maybe a shotgun, or sniper rifle (those combos won every game), you actually have to use different weapons here, and some are not quite as effective depending on the range. Is it due to lack of health after the sheild, even though the sheild is twice as strong as the first one?

Why does Halo 2 suck? I'd agree that Halo: Combat Evolved was a better game than Halo 2, but to say the second sucks is stupid, especially when you give no reasoning.

leff
07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
they both kick ass, main game is best in halo 1 and the multiplayer is best in halo2

the_roo
07-28-2005, 07:10 AM
I think both Halos kick ass but I prefer the story mode in Halo Combat Evolved although it felt like you were doing the same **** over and over and over....in the second one this wasn't fixed either.....wait a minute Halo does suck :eek:

Online Multiplayer in Halo 2 is awesome though

itsbusdriver
07-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I think both Halos kick ass but I prefer the story mode in Halo Combat Evolved although it felt like you were doing the same **** over and over and over....in the second one this wasn't fixed either.....wait a minute Halo does suck :eek:

Online Multiplayer in Halo 2 is awesome though

i agree... both halos kick ass... in fact my team has a tournament this coming weekend...

07-30-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't care what anybody says, both games rocked.

dionysusolympus
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. Halo 2 was much more placid in the single-player than the first. I hope much more effort is put in the third and final...

Diablo
08-04-2005, 03:42 AM
I never even attepmted to try and play the single player in Halo 2. Online play is where's it at.

Any of you ****sticks play it online?

Sir Fancylot
08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't care what anybody says, both games rocked.

agreed.. :)

BadMagick
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I never even attepmted to try and play the single player in Halo 2. Online play is where's it at.

No, but I have played against many, many people who do, and are ranked moderately. I dominated a 25 the other day, he actually sucked pretty badly. Soon, a couple friends and myself are going to make some money ***** slapping some ****ers around.

Hopefully I can get a Live hookup on my Xbox soon, though.

The thing about Halo 2 is that it's a far more balanced game than the first was. In this, you have to come up with actual weapon combos to win with. You can't just pistol/rocket, pistol/sniper, or pistol/shotty all game long. If someone is using a sword on you, you need something to strip the shield real fast and something else to kill him afterwards, or a perfectly timed shotgun blast.

If someone is using an SMG/Pistol combo, and you're more than a few steps away from them, you can't just charge in with the sword or shotgun. You have two options: you can either back off and switch to your medium range weapon, which you should have; or you can back off and try to maneuver around him, or draw him into you and then take him out. The latter option is a lot riskier, because you don't know what he's going to do. If you take the more aggressive role, then he could backpeddal until he kills you. If you try and suck him in, and he doesn't bite, then he's still got range on you, and you're dead. That's why the best option is really to back off and use a battle rifle to take him out. By backing off you do a couple of things: you take away his power, because those are better at close range, and you create a separation giving you higher odds of winning the battle.

Almost everyone I see use the sword uses it improperly. They all think it's the unbeatable weapon, like the pistol was in the first one, and they have no idea what they're doing with it. That goes for a lot of weapons, though. They just can't think fast enough to change their weapon and tactics, but rather stick to the plan of killing you with what they've got in their hands. For instance, say you're at Sanctuary, and you've got a guy with a BR vs a shotgun. Who's going to win? More than likely, the BR will win. Why, though? Because the BR is just as powerful at medium distance as it is at close distance, while the more separation you get with the shotgun, the less effective it becomes. Now, most of the time, people will not think and switch to their other weapon, which as stated should be a medium range weapon (you carry medium-long, or medium-short range weapons, never short-long, you always need a BR or carbine, they are the two most effective all around weapons in the game). Instead of switching, they continue to press with the shotgun, because they have a one-track mind. All the guy with the BR has to do is move around. Even if he gets stuck, he can jump over, while taking damage, and evade the death blow, by backing the other way. The only situation where that'd be ineffective is in the case of a shotgun blast/melee attack, which is very effective, if the shot didn't catch right.

Let's move on. Other interesting matchups are sniper - BR/carbine fights. This one is interesting if the BR is in range. If the BR is in range, or even close to, then it will probably win the fight. When the sniper is hit, he loses his zoom, so the BR guy has a chance to strafe and move forward to get better range. The only way this doesn't work is if the sniper gets lucky no-scoping, and then there isn't much you can do. Sometimes, you just get caught.

With the new patch that they've released, a few really noticable things have happened. The shotgun is incredibly buggy. I literally shot someone in the face five times, and he didn't die. I was shot twice, and I died. After that happening over ten times in one game, I threw my controller down, and stopped playing. I can only take so much bull**** in one game, really.

The pistol is useless now. Even when sheilds are down it takes two headshots to kill someone. That's useless. I can do it in one with the BR, what's the point of carrying a pistol?

They obviously gave us some new maps. I think Sanctuary is probably the best, because it utilizes so much of the game, especially the short-medium game, which I'm best at (not best as in better than everyone, but that's my best game, the short-medium). It also takes a good part of long range in, with the sniper rifle. If you can find good spots, and you're a good shot, you can really use this map to your advantage, because there are so many. Relic is also good, because it's big, and pretty even. You have a sniper on both sides of the board, so neither team really gets ****ed there (if you're playing teams).

Anyhow, I'm done rambling about Halo 2.

???
11-25-2005, 11:53 PM

Yes I have and don't call me a ****stick and I just love the energy sword with one hit your opponents dead?

The Raging Bull
03-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I fink halo 2 has the best gameplay but halo 1 the best story, they both gr8.

:boxing:

Jarlaxle
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
You can bash PDZ for its pathetic Ai but its wayyy better then Halo 2 online. When I compare Halo 1 and Halo 2 single players itís a tale of Pretty Good vs Boring-Great

Halo 1 had some ungodly boring indoor levels some good levels and some great levels.

Halo 2 just had a bunch of pretty good levels.

Bull is right though Halo 1's story is much better then Halo 2's.