View Full Version : Top British fighters

elveiel
09-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Who's the top p4p British fighter?

Oopps, Hatton shouldnt be on the poll twice! :o

BOLLOCKS1984
09-28-2004, 04:00 PM
I'll have to go with Calzaghe, although that's not really saying alot. British boxing is toal **** at the moment, because the top fighters in Britain aren't taking big fights. Their either puppets, or happy sitting in the comfort zone.

J !
09-30-2004, 05:39 AM
my thoughts its a month or so old now but you get the rough idea.
haye slips and froch would be in.

http://www.britishboxing.net/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1092323437&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&PHPSESSID=15b9d92e220cfa087649f72fca5d9714

LuKahnLi
09-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Out of the list in the poll Harrison is definitely the most accomplished....most proven.

J !
09-30-2004, 10:45 AM
i had him top due to the level of oppoenents he fought this year, JC and RH stood still / went backwards, Scott is the only one to have progressed in my opinion (out of the big three).

chilly9876
09-30-2004, 11:03 AM
why isnt junior witter on there?

LuKahnLi
09-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Cuz he sucks. He hasn't faced anyone good.

J !
09-30-2004, 11:37 AM
He is European champ dude, and took Zab 12 at 9 days notice.

I had him at 5 so he is worthy of a spot on that list for sure he ranks higher p4p than the likes of Gomez or Enzo.

LuKahnLi
09-30-2004, 11:46 AM
I know who Junior Witter is.....he took Judah the 12 because he LITERALLY ran laps around the ring.

J !
09-30-2004, 11:53 AM
OH I agree, and I know you know who he is, wasnt insinuating you didnt but he is worthy of a place on that list and Im no fan.

Ranger2408
09-30-2004, 12:06 PM
that is one awful list to choose from there dude, like what is the best piece of rubbish in this pile of rubbish :(

J !
09-30-2004, 12:10 PM
thats well over the top in my opinion .

so there arent any decent british fighters then?

LuKahnLi
09-30-2004, 03:31 PM
OH I agree, and I know you know who he is, wasnt insinuating you didnt but he is worthy of a place on that list and Im no fan.

I disagree even Hatton has faced better competition than Witter.

elveiel
09-30-2004, 04:02 PM
why isnt junior witter on there?

I was thinking of putting witter on there, i'm glad i didnt!

Its British number 1's only, Enzo is on there because Nelson will probably retire soon.

Junior Witter hasnt won against one good fighter, he's been in with more bums than a gay **** star!!! Other fighters like Skelton, Thompson, Woods, Reid, Moore, Khaliq, Sinclair, Magee, Cook, Brodie, McCullough would be picked on a list before Witter would.

I do rate Witter as a talent fighter but he's in danger of becoming the new Bobby Vanzie.

AJ53
10-01-2004, 06:04 PM
i was just wondering who voted for micheal gomez and why!!!!!
i'm not sure if micheal and enzo should be anywhere near compared to calzaghe and nelson who over a long period of time have staked their claims.
but who has gomez fought!!!
who has enzo fought!!!
calzaghe is top by a mile with olny nelson even coming close.

elveiel
10-02-2004, 10:17 AM
i was just wondering who voted for micheal gomez and why!!!!!
i'm not sure if micheal and enzo should be anywhere near compared to calzaghe and nelson who over a long period of time have staked their claims.
but who has gomez fought!!!
who has enzo fought!!!
calzaghe is top by a mile with olny nelson even coming close.

I dont rate Nelson, Calzaghe is the only true world number 1! infact there isnt many fighters who rule a division as easily as he does.

Enzo and Gomez are on there because they are the best in there division(Enzo will be when Nelson retires), they have a big following and have both won young figher of the year. I dont think anyone should vote for them though!!

AJ53
10-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I dont rate Nelson, Calzaghe is the only true world number 1! infact there isnt many fighters who rule a division as easily as he does.

Enzo and Gomez are on there because they are the best in there division(Enzo will be when Nelson retires), they have a big following and have both won young figher of the year. I dont think anyone should vote for them though!!
gomez best in what div did tou see him last night, he had to go to war with a nobody just to get a foothold in the fight.
nelson has to be the most underrated in any div just look how long he's been up there.
calzaghe is by far and away the best of british, fights against brewer,mitchell,shieka,ried,eubank prove it.
and lets not forget the man who he beat that stepped up and stopped dariusz from getting a record of 49-0 to equal marciano.

Darren_No1
10-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Calzaghe is the true super middle weight in the world. Roy Jones has blown his chance because he is one greedy twat. Come on the welsh....

J !
10-04-2004, 09:46 AM
nice chat lads but (no offence)

Sorry Eleviel how the frigg is Enzo number one in his division (nelson aside do you mean domestically or on the world stage, either way you are that sure he would beat Hobson, Thompson or Haye cos Im not?

You dont rate Nelson who goes overseas and defends his (more recognised) world title in places such as germany Italy and Denmark, just cos his technique isnt to your liking but you rate some one, who makes Hatton look like he has been overmatched all his career, at Number one. let me tell you this much Nelson deserves to be number one he is the one with the bolloxs to fight away from home and prevail time and again, you include Joe "I wont fly but was ringside for De la hoya / Mosely in vegas" Calzaghe in that as well.

Joe has the most talnet but the least ambition Im afraid.

Johnny nelson whether you like his style or not is a real champ.

strange view you have on this one mate but enlightening.

elveiel
10-04-2004, 01:27 PM
nice chat lads but (no offence)

Sorry Eleviel how the frigg is Enzo number one in his division (nelson aside do you mean domestically or on the world stage, either way you are that sure he would beat Hobson, Thompson or Haye cos Im not?

You dont rate Nelson who goes overseas and defends his (more recognised) world title in places such as germany Italy and Denmark, just cos his technique isnt to your liking but you rate some one, who makes Hatton look like he has been overmatched all his career, at Number one. let me tell you this much Nelson deserves to be number one he is the one with the bolloxs to fight away from home and prevail time and again, you include Joe "I wont fly but was ringside for De la hoya / Mosely in vegas" Calzaghe in that as well.

Joe has the most talnet but the least ambition Im afraid.

Johnny nelson whether you like his style or not is a real champ.

strange view you have on this one mate but enlightening.

Wasnt it clear that i rate Nelson as the Number 1? Enzo will be number 1 when he retires. Enzo isnt a great boxer but i think he'd beat Haye, Thompson and Hobson. I even think Enzo would beat Nelson, And i think Enzo very overated!!

Johnny Nelson hasnt done bad for himself and thats why i put him on the list but i personally dont rate him because he's so boring and negative, He gets taken rounds by very poor fighters, His ego is the biggest in boxing and to make it worst he wears a skirt in the ring!!

I dont consider Nelson to be the WBO world champion because he got beat by G Jones and got given one of the worst decisions i have ever seen(draw)

I hate Johnny Nelson! All the ingle fighers are the same! all mouth, no action(except Naz, he could back it up). Maybe i'm a little harsh on his ability but i sick of his bull****!!

I would like to see Calzaghe and Hatton go overseas and fight but there isnt any good fights to be made! the only fighters worth fighting out price themselves! Joe shouldnt have to go overseas anyway he's the world number 1 and they should come to him. Hatton should if its for the right fight but not to fight some bum like Nelson does!

elveiel
10-04-2004, 01:33 PM
gomez best in what div did tou see him last night, he had to go to war with a nobody just to get a foothold in the fight.
nelson has to be the most underrated in any div just look how long he's been up there.
calzaghe is by far and away the best of british, fights against brewer,mitchell,shieka,ried,eubank prove it.
and lets not forget the man who he beat that stepped up and stopped dariusz from getting a record of 49-0 to equal marciano.

Yeah i did see Gomez fight, He's still the best British super F because nobody else is better than! Simple as!!

Its a shame but he's our number 1 until someone better comes along, Dont write Gomez off though because he can fight a lot better than that!!

LuKahnLi
10-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Being British, you should know that Eubank was by far, used up by the time Calzaghe got to him.

elveiel
10-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Being British, you should know that Eubank was by far, used up by the time Calzaghe got to him.

Eubank was always dangerous.

chilly9876
10-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Witter at the moment is looking for a bigger fight,they were discussing things with urkal but then urkal got the re-match with harris...witter is trying for the bigger fights but isnt getting them.

elveiel
10-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Witter at the moment is looking for a bigger fight,they were discussing things with urkal but then urkal got the re-match with harris...witter is trying for the bigger fights but isnt getting them.

I'd pick Witter to beat Urkal, i think the styles match up would suit Witter a lot more than it would suit Urkal. But Witter missed his chance against Pinto, that would have put in the top ten.

Witters a good fighter, he's got the ability to win big fights! The problem with Witter is he chases Hatton too much, Warren didnt want to get Witter fights because he pissed him off so much and now he's fighting under a less powerful promoter who cant get the right fights at the right time. Witter will get under matched for the next couple of fights, a champion will give him another shot at short notice and he wont be ready.

Its a shame buts he's done himself no favours.

AJ53
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
no doubt micheal can fight alot better than that but he can also fight alot worse, he showed that against laszlo bognar.
his current form has moved him up the rankings, knocking out alex arthur and a ko victory over a laughably shot justin juuko.
look at the rankings on britishboxing.net and he's not no1 kevin lear is, altough lear has been badly inactive due to injury he's still the best sf.
lear proved that by knocking gomez out in 8 rounds just because he's had a bad run of injuries he cant lose his ranking to somebody who beat arthur when arthur was not the no1 ranked fighter.
and as for calling out erik morales after his last fight lets hope frank warren cares enough about micheals long term health to never put him in with somebody who could very possibly damage him for good.

elveiel
10-06-2004, 01:47 PM
no doubt micheal can fight alot better than that but he can also fight alot worse, he showed that against laszlo bognar.
his current form has moved him up the rankings, knocking out alex arthur and a ko victory over a laughably shot justin juuko.
look at the rankings on britishboxing.net and he's not no1 kevin lear is, altough lear has been badly inactive due to injury he's still the best sf.
lear proved that by knocking gomez out in 8 rounds just because he's had a bad run of injuries he cant lose his ranking to somebody who beat arthur when arthur was not the no1 ranked fighter.
and as for calling out erik morales after his last fight lets hope frank warren cares enough about micheals long term health to never put him in with somebody who could very possibly damage him for good.

Gomez covers up well but he's still taking the power even if its on the gloves, Gomez vs Morales is a miss match but there are a couple of good fighters Gomez has a chance agianst.

I think Gomez would beat lear in a rematch, billy graham has put some fire in his belly. I dont think lear should have been ranked number 1 in the first place, all he did was beat(questionable retirement) Gomez on a very bad night and looking at his record he's still at the novice stage.

AJ53
10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
witter bottled it against pinto he knows that and we know that.
the fight was accepted and made but after watching a tape of pinto in action he pulled out claiming he injured his hand.
so why does he deserve a big fight he obviously hasnt got the heart to go into the trenches with somebody who might just knock him out, thats why he ran a marathon against zab judah even when he was obviously losing the fight.

elveiel
10-06-2004, 02:11 PM
witter bottled it against pinto he knows that and we know that.
the fight was accepted and made but after watching a tape of pinto in action he pulled out claiming he injured his hand.
so why does he deserve a big fight he obviously hasnt got the heart to go into the trenches with somebody who might just knock him out, thats why he ran a marathon against zab judah even when he was obviously losing the fight.

I couldnt agree more!

Like i have said before he's been in with more bums than a gay **** star and knocking them out doesnt prove ****!!

Its was the most obvious fake injury i have heard when Witter pulled out, thinking about it i dont even think Pinto is that dangerous. He soon backed out of the Hatton fight, Hattons body shots would have ripped through him and he was too lanky to do anything about it.

Witter is weak anyway, any strong fighter will back him up. Even Jurgen Haeck backed him up & hurt him and he was a very bad novice fighter.

AJ53
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Gomez covers up well but he's still taking the power even if its on the gloves, Gomez vs Morales is a miss match but there are a couple of good fighters Gomez has a chance agianst.

I think Gomez would beat lear in a rematch, billy graham has put some fire in his belly. I dont think lear should have been ranked number 1 in the first place, all he did was beat(questionable retirement) Gomez on a very bad night and looking at his record he's still at the novice stage.
i agree that billy graham(excellent trainer) and the pheonix camp have turned his career around but you always feel with micheal that sometimes when he's in the ring alone he gets mentally confused forgets the gameplan and reverts to type.
kevin lear is a 16 fight novice but he's still got the ko over gomez.
alex arthur was olny a 16 fight novice when gomez ko'd him in 5 and as thats the best victory gomez has since the lear ko it would be dubious to rate him as no1 over somebody who has beat him.
anyways leon spinks was a 7 fight novice when he beat ali on a very bad night making him heavyweight champ, if spinks then got injured for a year and ali beat the no3 rated man would you call him no1.
probably not.
to be the man you have to beat the man thats the way it should be anyway.
could you name some of these good fighters gomez could beat????

elveiel
10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
i agree that billy graham(excellent trainer) and the pheonix camp have turned his career around but you always feel with micheal that sometimes when he's in the ring alone he gets mentally confused forgets the gameplan and reverts to type.
kevin lear is a 16 fight novice but he's still got the ko over gomez.
alex arthur was olny a 16 fight novice when gomez ko'd him in 5 and as thats the best victory gomez has since the lear ko it would be dubious to rate him as no1 over somebody who has beat him.
anyways leon spinks was a 7 fight novice when he beat ali on a very bad night making him heavyweight champ, if spinks then got injured for a year and ali beat the no3 rated man would you call him no1.
probably not.
to be the man you have to beat the man thats the way it should be anyway.
could you name some of these good fighters gomez could beat????

Any fighter that doesnt punch too hard :D