View Full Version : George Foreman - Hardest Hit

Vadrigar.
08-15-2010, 12:29 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDBBWbAXc6o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDBBWbAXc6o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HaglerSteelChin
08-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Before he spoke, i knew he would talk about the Ron Lyle fight. It is among my favorite fights of all time, great back and forth action, twists and turns, and both guys going down. It like a great movie that you can watch numerous times and never get bored.

Vadrigar.
08-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Before he spoke, i knew he would talk about the Ron Lyle fight. It is among my favorite fights of all time, great back and forth action, twists and turns, and both guys going down. It like a great movie that you can watch numerous times and never get bored.

The way he described the punch was quite interesting.

T.McGrady
08-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Big george, great chin, great punching power.

sonnyboyx2
08-16-2010, 03:46 AM
George is a "Bullsh*ter".. he said a couple of years ago that Gerry Cooney hit him harder than anyone in his career.. i have read his book "By George" and its full of bull****, i gave the book to a friend who said the same... i like and respect George but dont believe a single word he says.

JAB5239
08-16-2010, 03:53 AM
George is a "Bullsh*ter".. he said a couple of years ago that Gerry Cooney hit him harder than anyone in his career.. i have read his book "By George" and its full of bull****, i gave the book to a friend who said the same... i like and respect George but dont believe a single word he says.

I like Foreman also, but he's a salesman. He say things at the moment and later says something different. That said, I believe he was really hurt by Lyle. His propensity to exaggerate shouldn't be over looked though.

sonnyboyx2
08-16-2010, 05:18 AM
I like Foreman also, but he's a salesman. He say things at the moment and later says something different. That said, I believe he was really hurt by Lyle. His propensity to exaggerate shouldn't be over looked though.

Yeah well said JAB... i have little doubt that Lyle hurt him yet like you say George says things on the `Spur of the moment`

GJC
08-16-2010, 08:27 AM

I was very disappointed by his grill too, always overcooks steaks and is a pain to clean. :)

Foreman is one of those guys who says what the interviewer wants to hear but I generally take most things that boxers say with a pinch of salt

sonnyboyx2
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
i find Rocky Marciano also talked a load of rubbish most of the time and like you sat GJC he said what the interviewer wanted him to say.. IMO Ali & Frazier are the guys who told it like it really was.

GJC
08-16-2010, 12:46 PM
i find Rocky Marciano also talked a load of rubbish most of the time and like you sat GJC he said what the interviewer wanted him to say.. IMO Ali & Frazier are the guys who told it like it really was.

I think in defence of Rocky it was a different era and generally sportsman said uncontraversial and lets be honest pretty staid boring stuff.
Think people became more outspoken from the 60s on and I think that is in general not just sports and tv etc

Am I sounding as old as I think I am? :)

GJC
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Sonny,On a side note have you ever read "In this Corner" by Peter Heller?

sonnyboyx2
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Sonny,On a side note have you ever read "In this Corner" by Peter Heller?

yes i have read it

boxing boy
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Foreman had not fought in 17 months,and was not ready mentally or physcially.He was still in shock and despair/depressed from getting beat and KO'd by Muhammad Ali 17 months ago.

Foreman was out of shape and not fit to fight anybody, let alone Ron Lyle.Foreman was not 60% of the fighter who fought Frazier,Norton,and Ali.

The Foreman who fought Ali,Frazier,and Norton would have destroyed Ron Lyle within' 2 rounds and would not have gone down even once.

Vadrigar.
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Foreman had not fought in 17 months,and was not ready mentally or physcially.He was still in shock and despair/depressed from getting beat and KO'd by Muhammad Ali 17 months ago.

Foreman was out of shape and not fit to fight anybody, let alone Ron Lyle.Foreman was not 60% of the fighter who fought Frazier,Norton,and Ali.

The Foreman who fought Ali,Frazier,and Norton would have destroyed Ron Lyle within' 2 rounds and would not have gone down even once.

How do you rate Ron Lyle's power?

boxing boy
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
How do you rate Ron Lyle's power?

Muhammad Ali fought both George Foreman and Ron Lyle.He said Foreman hit alot harder.He also said Foreman had awesome power in BOTH hands,while Lyle only had good power in one hand.He also said Foreman was alot stronger.

Ali said Lyle could punch pretty hard,but not as hard as Foreman,Frazier,Shavers,or Liston.He even said Cleveland Williams hit him with a left hook that was very hard.Harder than Lyle.

Lyle had good power,but a in shape George Foreman would not go down against Ron Lyle.

Vadrigar.
08-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Muhammad Ali fought both George Foreman and Ron Lyle.He said Foreman hit alot harder.He also said Foreman had awesome power in BOTH hands,while Lyle only had good power in one hand.He also said Foreman was alot stronger.

Ali said Lyle could punch pretty hard,but not as hard as Foreman,Frazier,Shavers,or Liston.He even said Cleveland Williams hit him with a left hook that was very hard.Harder than Lyle.

Lyle had good power,but a in shape George Foreman would not go down against Ron Lyle.

Thanks for answering :)

GJC
08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
yes i have read it
2 things stood out for me in it:

1) Did you notice that no fighter ever really lost a fight in their own mind
2) I was amazed by how much stick Basilio got in it