View Full Version : Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams

Tyson.
08-13-2010, 05:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJUzl0aFHZw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJUzl0aFHZw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What a peformance. I dont think theres any fighter who could give this Prime Ali a competitive fight.

If Frazier had fought this Ali he wouldnt stand a chance. Ali was robbed of his prime, had he fought on he would of broke Joe Louis' 25 defences no doubt about it.

T3dBundy
08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
U can say whatever u want, the best Ali i have ever seen was the one in the first Liston fight.

Sugarj
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
The first Liston fight showed some brilliance from Ali.

Round 1, most of round 3 and round 6 were superb. Great movement, great combinations. But he didn't look amazing in rounds 2, the end of 3, 4 or 5. He still had some maturing still to do at that point for me.

sonnyboyx2
08-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Ali vs Patterson (1) was Cassius Clay at his brilliant best, never in the history of the sport has a fighter looked as good as what Ali looked in this fight..he was unbeatable, yet many fans with only a very limited knowledge of the sport cannot bring themselves to take the time and watch fights like this to get an understanding of just how great Cassius Clay & Floyd Patterson really was.

JAB5239
08-15-2010, 05:29 AM
U can say whatever u want, the best Ali i have ever seen was the one in the first Liston fight.

The first Liston fight showed some brilliance from Ali.

Round 1, most of round 3 and round 6 were superb. Great movement, great combinations. But he didn't look amazing in rounds 2, the end of 3, 4 or 5. He still had some maturing still to do at that point for me.

I find myself agreeing with Ted here. At the end of round 4 is when he started having trouble with his eyes, I believe. If that hadn't happened its my opinion he would have kept making Liston look foolish.

GJC
08-15-2010, 09:05 AM
As cruel as it was I think Terrell was Ali at his peak.