View Full Version : History section needs a mod

JAB5239
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
In my opinion this section needs a mod without a doubt. Trolls keep crawling out from underneath their rocks to pollute this section. Its time to moderate the history section.

Vadrigar.
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
In my opinion this section needs a mod without a doubt. Trolls keep crawling out from underneath their rocks to pollute this section. Its time to moderate the history section.

I agree you should be mod, but I just wanted to ask, how do you send infractions?

NChristo
08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
How long has the other thread been in C+S Section :(, looks like BPP or Reeno don't care. :blackeye:

JAB5239
08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I agree you should be mod, but I just wanted to ask, how do you send infractions?

Infractions have been discontinued. Only a few of us still have them and most of us use them to brand trolls who intentionally start trouble.

JAB5239
08-13-2010, 03:57 PM
How long has the other thread been in C+S Section :(, looks like BPP or Reeno don't care. :blackeye:

It's been there for a bit now. We'll just have to keep shouting in their direction till they take notice. I like this site. Especially this forum. But its time to clean it up a bit.

Vadrigar.
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Infractions have been discontinued. Only a few of us still have them and most of us use them to brand trolls who intentionally start trouble.

That's strange because I only saw the infractions tab appear on posters user profiles, a few days ago. I never came across it before.

Help me out here :thinking:

T3dBundy
08-13-2010, 04:15 PM
hhascup is a good candidate for this job.

NChristo
08-13-2010, 04:20 PM
hhascup is a good candidate for this job.

Not online enough.

T3dBundy
08-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Not online enough.

it should be some1 who doesn't have too many e-beefs, thats sure :D

JAB5239
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Come on peeps, vote and lets make a moderator in the history section a reality.

Miburo
08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Honestly I don't think there's enough activity in this forum anymore to warrant it; maybe a handful of new threads a day, so even though half of them are troll efforts it isn't that disruptive.

HaglerSteelChin
08-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Either get a mod or simply put the known troublemakers on ignore. Lately, i had to put a few on ignore, and there was about a month that i didn't post due to few known culprits.

Guys like GreatA and Mickeymalone are probably tired of it and left. Of course, expect a wisecrack about the situation in Thailand from you know who?

If we put the offenders on ignore they will be also locked out of threads. Lets be clear, known trolls don't start threads they just try to find dirt in order to start arguments and incite responoses.

Everyone here has disagreements, and i have disagreed with pretty much everyone but that is expected in a forum, but there is difference between hating and discussion.

JAB5239
08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Honestly I don't think there's enough activity in this forum anymore to warrant it; maybe a handful of new threads a day, so even though half of them are troll efforts it isn't that disruptive.

We don't have the activity BECAUSE of the influx of trolls. If they were moderated the chances are that intelligent posters and discussion would one again flourish on this board.

Miburo
08-13-2010, 05:29 PM
We don't have the activity BECAUSE of the influx of trolls. If they were moderated the chances are that intelligent posters and discussion would one again flourish on this board.

Like HaglerSteelChin said, they can just be ignored. There's no reason everyone can't just talk around them. They're just going to create alts anyway. And even in its prime, this board never had that much activity. A mod wouldn't be a bad thing but ultimately I don't think it will have too much effect.

sonnyboyx2
08-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Either get a mod or simply put the known troublemakers on ignore. Lately, i had to put a few on ignore, and there was about a month that i didn't post due to few known culprits.

Guys like GreatA and Mickeymalone are probably tired of it and left. Of course, expect a wisecrack about the situation in Thailand from you know who?

If we put the offenders on ignore they will be also locked out of threads. Lets be clear, known trolls don't start threads they just try to find dirt in order to start arguments and incite responoses.

Everyone here has disagreements, and i have disagreed with pretty much everyone but that is expected in a forum, but there is difference between hating and discussion.

i fully agree.. the way to deal with them is to put them on ignore, that way they soon get pissed off and slither away

Spartacus Sully
08-14-2010, 03:57 AM
I Wanna Be A Mod!!!

Obama
08-14-2010, 04:41 AM
You can always use a forum that actually cares. Trolling is the BS way. You're here so you obviously must not have too much of a problem with it.

JAB5239
08-14-2010, 05:44 AM
You can always use a forum that actually cares. Trolling is the BS way. You're here so you obviously must not have too much of a problem with it.

Im here because I enjoy and respect many posters opinions who frequent this section. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be moderated and allowed to turn into a free for all.

JAB5239
08-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Like HaglerSteelChin said, they can just be ignored. There's no reason everyone can't just talk around them. They're just going to create alts anyway. And even in its prime, this board never had that much activity. A mod wouldn't be a bad thing but ultimately I don't think it will have too much effect.

If thats the case another avenue would obviously have to be taken. But this would be a good start and hopefully somewhat of a deterrent for some of the trolls.

catalinul
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah I agree.

There are at least 3 jokers around that need to get banned.

What I don't undertand is why no IP bans here?That Cung Le troll from NSB has been banned a million times and everytime he makes a different alias and comes back.
It beats the purpose.

HaglerSteelChin
08-14-2010, 11:42 AM
What I don't undertand is why no IP bans here?
It beats the purpose.

There are possibly IP bans, but there are ways around that. The person can use a different server in a different location and start an alt account. Of course, there are plenty of software that can hide or change IP addresses, which makes it difficult to detect.

The bottom line is that these people will keep coming back to antagonize. One guy told me to "die and i hope you drown." In any board that is automatic banning. So the best i can do is simply ignore the member. He won't be able to go to my threads and i won't care to see his posts.

If people did this to the most notorious members, they will leave the boards. Because nobody will feed them, they feed on disturbance, chaos, and getting under your skin.

That being said, i do agree that havind Mods would decrease the friction, but if they get banned or posts deleted, they will come back as alts.

Ziggy Stardust
08-14-2010, 12:34 PM
The trolling's been bad enough recently that I've at times toyed with the idea a few times of trying to talk all the good posters in here into making an exodus to Sweet Boxing were the trolls are controlled and there aren't 50,000 viruses to get infected with.

Poet

Toney616
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
and there aren't 50,000 viruses to get infected with.

Poet
The History section is good in the East$ideboxing forum as well, I tend to spend a lot of my net time there, these days

Ziggy Stardust
08-14-2010, 12:47 PM
The History section is good in the East$ideboxing forum as well, I tend to spend a lot of my net time there, these days

Sweet Boxing is Obama's site and it looks like a very good forum.....their fight video section is first class as well :)

Poet

Toney616
08-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Sweet Boxing is Obama's site and it looks like a very good forum.....their fight video section is first class as well :)

Poet
I agree they do have a great video trading section, but not enough members

off topic: I got around to watching Qawi-Leon Spinks, thanks for that

NChristo
08-14-2010, 12:55 PM

First time I went to ******** boxing I saw
"Riddick Bowe vs John L Sullivan, who wins?"

Haven't been back.

Ziggy Stardust
08-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree they do have a great video trading section, but not enough members

off topic: I got around to watching Qawi-Leon Spinks, thanks for that

It's funny, but the site I was a regular on before I discovered Boxing Scene was a British site B0xing Banter. They had so many server problems that I eventually stopped going there :hahahaha9:

Poet

Toney616
08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
First time I went to ******** boxing I saw
"Riddick Bowe vs John L Sullivan, who wins?"

Haven't been back.
From time to time, you will get a "off the wall" thread, but recently its been quite good, some top posters over there, I see thegreatA over there quite a bit as well.

Toney616
08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
It's funny, but the site I was a regular on before I discovered Boxing Scene was a British site B0xing Banter. They had so many server problems that I eventually stopped going there :hahahaha9:

Poet
Never heard of it before, but I will check it out, thanks for the heads up

frankenfrank
08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
This time , the poll's options were almost as idiotic as the poster who compiled them.
Yes/No could be so much better than these.

Posters still got banned here even without a mod who can't ban anyway.
Remember TheMagicMan , Postman Prat , and many more ?

JAB5239
08-14-2010, 04:35 PM
This time , the poll's options were almost as idiotic as the poster who compiled them.
Yes/No could be so much better than these.

Posters still got banned here even without a mod who can't ban anyway.
Remember TheMagicMan , Postman Prat , and many more ?

You're welcome to make your own poll. But thank you for proving my point with the unwarranted insult.

rsf
08-14-2010, 05:10 PM
personally i think all forums need mods but as to banning people just because they post what you might consider to be ****e i am not to sure. if it is threatening or very insulting perhaps a short ban should be used as a warning and if it continues then a ban outright is merited .

saying that i dont think i have been here long enough or posted enough to have a say i just thought i would throw my thoughts in

Vadrigar.
08-14-2010, 07:43 PM
A known troll "frankenfrank" has entered this thread and proven exactly why we need mods.

JAB5239
08-15-2010, 04:59 AM
personally i think all forums need mods but as to banning people just because they post what you might consider to be ****e i am not to sure. if it is threatening or very insulting perhaps a short ban should be used as a warning and if it continues then a ban outright is merited .

saying that i dont think i have been here long enough or posted enough to have a say i just thought i would throw my thoughts in

Im not against ridiculous opinions, people are entitled to them. I am against trolls posting the same thing over and over (without any merit) to get a rise out of people and start trouble. This simply shouldn't be allowed. Im against the ignore feature because every once in awhile (even a troll) might say something interesting. That shouldn't give them the right to disrupt the entire forum though.

Stone Roses!
08-15-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm still undecided on this, but my opinion has changed over time.

Some idiots in this section make me believe we need a mod.

JAB5239
08-15-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm still undecided on this, but my opinion has changed over time.

Some idiots in this section make me believe we need a mod.

The way I look at is this....if you aren't trolling, why object to it? Im all for a good brew ha ha, but lets keep it in the dome where it belongs.

Stone Roses!
08-15-2010, 05:22 AM
The way I look at is this....if you aren't trolling, why object to it? Im all for a good brew ha ha, but lets keep it in the dome where it belongs.
Yeah, I understand your point, as I said, I might agree to this section needing a moderator after some of the threads I've seen from certain dickheads.

Spartacus Sully
08-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Franken fran is a decent poster. That most people would have him banned is proof as to why it wouldnt make sense to have a mod. if you skip over the insults you can see he still makes a point that a mod cant ban so we're just going to have some one looming over the history forum picking on the people he dosnt like deleting threads, posts and f**king with **** while he thinks hes better then every one else because hes a mod, which seems kinda worthless.

that a mod would come along and delete the post just for the insult while removing the logic as well just seems detrimental to the forum and if you do plan to continue in search of a mod, i hope you as a group of forum goers are allowed to chose and you chose well.

the fullest liberty of expression is required to push arguments to their logical limits, rather than the limits of social embarrassment.

JAB5239
08-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Franken fran is a decent poster. That most people would have him banned is proof as to why it wouldnt make sense to have a mod. if you skip over the insults you can see he still makes a point that a mod cant ban so we're just going to have some one looming over the history forum picking on the people he dosnt like deleting threads, posts and f**king with **** while he thinks hes better then every one else because hes a mod, which seems kinda worthless.

that a mod would come along and delete the post just for the insult while removing the logic as well just seems detrimental to the forum and if you do plan to continue in search of a mod, i hope you as a group of forum goers are allowed to chose and you chose well.

I wouldn't ban Frank. As retarded as some of his posts are he's entitled to his opinion and at least tries to back them up no matter how warped his logic may be. EVERYONE has that right. They shouldn't have the right to disrupt others with flaming and insults though.

Spartacus Sully
08-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I wouldn't ban Frank. As retarded as some of his posts are he's entitled to his opinion and at least tries to back them up no matter how warped his logic may be. EVERYONE has that right. They shouldn't have the right to disrupt others with flaming and insults though.

Then you might make a good mod.

Vadrigar.
08-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Case in point, another troll " Wlad Klitschko" is patrolling the forums. Why is this not being dealt with, poppa?

Wlad Klitschko
08-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I would like to be mod if possible. I promise to be fair, but firm. I will moderate with sense and without opinions. I will protect peoples opinions from personal attacks and allegations. I will monitor any type of societal dangers such as racism, sexism, or threats of violence. If elected moderator, I will be the best moderator I can be.

THE REED™
08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
I would like to be mod if possible. I promise to be fair, but firm. I will moderate with sense and without opinions. I will protect peoples opinions from personal attacks and allegations. I will monitor any type of societal dangers such as racism, sexism, or threats of violence. If elected moderator, I will be the best moderator I can be.

You have 66 posts.

Nobody even knows you.

Vadrigar.
08-18-2010, 04:58 PM
You have 66 posts.

Nobody even knows you.

LMAO a troll being a moderator? :rofl:

JAB5239
08-18-2010, 11:57 PM

Consider yourself lucky if you aren't banned by Sunday.

Wlad Klitschko
08-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Consider yourself lucky if you aren't banned by Sunday.

banned for what? exposing your lies? I mean just read through my wlad post, look how many times you back track on Mathis. Id edit and delete if I were you. You got exposed.

JAB5239
08-19-2010, 12:10 AM
banned for what? exposing your lies? I mean just read through my wlad post, look how many times you back track on Mathis. Id edit and delete if I were you. You got exposed.

(yawn) How exactly was I exposed? everything I said was 100% accurate. You on the other hand give us half truths and conjecture. Trust me, you'll be banned soon enough.

Willy Wanker
08-19-2010, 12:15 AM
i'll do it. i would be a great mod.