View Full Version : If you could change one thing about Boxing?

Barn
08-12-2010, 05:44 AM
I would personally make it the old 15 round fights again.

erikmorales
08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
I would get rid of different promoters, make it one big promotion so there is no in-house crap going on, kinda like they have in ufc. Just imagine, floyd-manny would have happened by now, Alexander-bradley would, and pretty much any fight we wanted to see would have happened by now :boxing:

BigStereotype
08-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I would get rid of different promoters, make it one big promotion so there is no in-house crap going on, kinda like they have in ufc. Just imagine, floyd-manny would have happened by now, Alexander-bradley would, and pretty much any fight we wanted to see would have happened by now :boxing:

I logged in to post exactly this. I would make one United Boxing League or some such and then the fights would happen. Can you imagine Anderson Silva telling Dana White that he will never fight Shogun because he wants to take a vacation?

KlownvonnomaD
08-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Less weight classes & less 'world' titles.

Sugarj
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
One world title holder per weight!

Simple!

JK1700
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM

I was just about to post the same thing. I love boxing but that's one reason why I like UFC aswell. You always get the best fighting the best and there is never any BS between the fighters and the promoters. Regardless of what you might think about Dana White he has put on alot of huge fights and gave the fans what they want to see. Plus you hardly ever get corrupt or controversial fights in the UFC because it usually ends via KO or tapout.

Having said that. Aside from promoters and corruption. I don't see much wrong with boxing right now. The "too many belts" argument is credible but thats just the way the sport has evolved. It could be changed but it makes it even more special if somebody can unify the belts like Bernard Hopkins did at Middleweight and Roy Jones Jr did at Light-Heavyweight. That would be a special achievement now and i'm sure that sooner or later it will happen.

GJC
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
One world title holder per weight!

Simple!
Go along with that, or maybe just 2 sanctioning bodies

Ziggy Stardust
08-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Only one thing? Not fair :forgetaboutit9:

Poet

rsf
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah fifteen rounds for world tittle fights would be my first choice

1SILVA
08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
i would personally make it the old 15 round fights again.

have a weekly series on abc, nbc or cbs

Clyde Barrow
08-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Chalk up another vote for 1 title per division. Can't stand all the fluctuating hardware amongst a group of fighters. One world, one world champion.