View Full Version : Roberto Duran vs Floyd Mayweather @ 154

STILL_DETOX
08-12-2010, 02:32 AM
:blackeye:

Megamasterking
08-12-2010, 02:58 AM

Do you remember the right hand by Mosley that caught FMJ and almost ko'd him, FMJ was holding on to Mosley . If that right hand was coming from Duran, the fight would have ended.

led
08-12-2010, 04:08 AM

this fight is one hard to call. in this weight category i say floyd could win via decision. but if its in lower division, duran fist can handle floyd;s speed.

Doctor_Tenma
08-12-2010, 04:44 AM
At 154 Mayweather would not only win but win easily, Duran couldn't deal with movement at that weight and was outboxed by Laing. At 135-140 I would go with Duran but wouldn't rule out a Mayweather victory of course, at 147 and up I'll go with Floyd.

lazy
08-12-2010, 05:23 AM
I have not seen Mayweather fight anyone at 147 or 154 that would make me think he could hang with Duran. Complete different level of class. Duran got up for big fights and performed amazing things. Many of the big fights he won he was not the favorite to do so. Duran would Make the Mayweather that struggled with Hatton retire.(during or before the fight was signed)

turdleburgle
08-12-2010, 05:47 AM
the moment duran hit him on the chin gayweather would be on the canvas crying for his mummy.the mosley fight told us alot about gayweathers own glass chin

#1Assassin
08-12-2010, 06:09 AM
i got duran in this one, he lost to many fighters way beneath him and floyd at these weights but he got up for the big fights. the version of duran who fought davey moore would beat floyd convincingly. i think floyd would go the distance at 154 though since duran wasnt as explosive as at the lower weights, couldnt keep up the same workrate and ofcourse because of floyds brilliant defense. but duran would beat him.

talip bin osman
08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
At 154 Mayweather would not only win but win easily, Duran couldn't deal with movement at that weight and was outboxed by Laing. At 135-140 I would go with Duran but wouldn't rule out a Mayweather victory of course, at 147 and up I'll go with Floyd.

a past it oscar dela hoya hung up with a very much still in-prime mayweather wasnt that the case?

though @ 147, hatton for all his limitations was competitive with him before the check hook connected right?

man, how much more a fighter the calibre of duran??? geeez...

r.burgundy
08-12-2010, 07:17 AM
at 154 duran has no chance.he was well past it by that team.absolutely no way he deals with floyds speed at that size.he pulls another no mas

boxing boy
08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Duran by UD.....

The body is always there,and Duran would be going to the body and later in the fight to the body and the head.

Hot Shyt
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM
the mosley fight told us alot about gayweathers own glass chin

that he can take a flush punch from a heavy hitter and not go down??

bojangles1987
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM

Agreed. By the time he hit 154 the things Duran did well that would allow him to beat Floyd were pretty much gone, while Floyd is still close to his best at 154.

Disagree about 147 though, if the Duran that beat Leonard shows up he is beating Floyd, and damn near anyone that doesn't hold some ridiculous advantage like Hearns.

BennyST
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
At 154? So, the Oscar version of Floyd as it's the only one we've seen and the 154 version of Duran?

Floyd takes it. He would win a close but clear UD. Too much speed and movement for that version of Duran who struggled with bad balance from too much weight around his middle and on his legs and just didn't have any of the fire left in him by then. It would be similar to the Benitez fight. Duran struggling with too much weight, no snap on his punches and bad stamina from lack of training.

Floyd still had all his attributes intact at 154.

BennyST
08-13-2010, 12:34 PM
that he can take a flush punch from a heavy hitter and not go down??

Or, that even after a major shot by a bloody big puncher, he still knows how to keep his head, survive very well, and be very smart while not making the same mistake again?

BennyST
08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
the moment duran hit him on the chin gayweather would be on the canvas crying for his mummy.the mosley fight told us alot about gayweathers own glass chin

Which is what? That it was good?

El Protagonista
08-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I'll just say that at 154 Duran would get beaten with ease. Too much movement and Duran just simply wasn't as effective above 135. There's a significant drop in power which is evident in his KO percentage drop. Mayweather would be too fast and move be too slick.

Duran's greatest win was beating a prime Sugar Ray Leonard. He beat him by getting into his head and dragging him into a toe to toe battle. This WOULD NOT happen with Floyd Mayweather.

At 135, the way Mayweather fought, I'd go with Duran all day. That Mayweather was alot more aggressive and took chances. I'd take Duran. However the ultra cautious 154 Mayweather would cruise to an easy decision against a watered down version of Duran.

turdleburgle
08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Which is what? That it was good?

he almost got knocked out on the 1st clean solid punch that landed....that's not showing a good chin.A guy with a good chin would have taken that shot without doing a silly dance.

Forza
08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Why 154? Neither of these guys are natural 154 pounders. I'd say at 147 prime vs prime duran wins a tough fight, at 135 duran smashes.