Best Left Hook Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Left Hook Of All Time?

Which fighter has the best left hook?

Without question Joe Frazier had the greatest left hook in heavyweight history. It was snappy and extremely powerful.

Comment

Frazier, maybe? Or Tito Trinidad...Chavez's hook was pretty damn devastating, too. In the last few years, gotta look at Barrera, De La Hoya, Jose Luis Castillo, Miguel Cotto and Diego Corrales. I don't think any of them compare to Smokin Joe, Tito or JCC, but they were feared weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Frazier, maybe? Or Tito Trinidad...Chavez's hook was pretty damn devastating, too. In the last few years, gotta look at Barrera, De La Hoya, Jose Luis Castillo, Miguel Cotto and Diego Corrales. I don't think any of them compare to Smokin Joe, Tito or JCC, but they were feared weapons.
        Oscar had a deadly left hook. Lightning fast and extremely powerful. Cotto is a natural at throwing deadly left hooks to the body as well.

Tyson also had a great left hook.

Comment

every great puncher had a great left hook.

best id have to go with a tight shifted left hook off the bob from dempsey that he used to take down willard the first time or fitzsimmons double shift left hook that he used to take out corbett.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Joe Louis' had a very good left hook, explosive, powerful, great timing / accuracy and he always positioned himself perfectly for it.

Ray Robinson should be worth a mention, what he did to Fullmer was a thing of beauty. Bob Foster as well had a great left hook.

Can't really say who had the best.

Comment

mike tyson hands down.roy jones jr also

Comment

Frazier for sure, one guy who deserve a mention is Matthew Hilton, not an ATG but he had one of the best left hook you could have. I have trained with that guy and saw the damage that left hook could do, unbelievable power, trust me on that one...
                Last edited by Megamasterking; 08-11-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                  Frazier for sure, one guy who deserve a mention is Mathew Hilton, not an ATG but he had one of the best left hook you could have. I have trained with that guy and saw the damage that left hook could do, unbelievable power, trust me on that one...
                  Sorta don't, have any examples? If this is for real, though, nice find.

Comment

To mention new names, Arguello...and although some people may not like it, I'm sorry but Tua has to be on the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X