View Full Version : Tyson was no more robbed against Douglas than Lewis was against McCall

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 04:23 AM
So all you Tyson nuthuggers get over it. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same lame old excuses.

If Tyson really was as great as you think then he would of proved it. Tyson was an idiot and so was his team.

Lewis was never given the chance to comeback against McCall, he wasn't knocked out like everyone claims, he was stopped on his feet.

I don't ***** about it being a Lewis fan, and no one tried to reverse the result afterwards. Lewis proved it the hard way, came back and proved all his doubters wrong.

Tyson got beat plain and simple by the better man on the night, just as Lennox Lewis got beat by the better man on the night.

End Of.

sonnyboyx2
08-11-2010, 04:50 AM
So all you Tyson nuthuggers get over it. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same lame old excuses.

If Tyson really was as great as you think then he would of proved it. Tyson was an idiot and so was his team.

Lewis was never given the chance to comeback against McCall, he wasn't knocked out like everyone claims, he was stopped on his feet.

I don't ***** about it being a Lewis fan, and no one tried to reverse the result afterwards. Lewis proved it the hard way, came back and proved all his doubters wrong.

Tyson got beat plain and simple by the better man on the night, just as Lennox Lewis got beat by the better man on the night.

End Of.

100% correct i agree with all you have said.. Tyson was beaten fair & square by Buster Douglas in Tokyo of which there are no excuses... Lewis was beaten fair & square by McCall at Wembley Arena of which there are no excuses... i was at the Lewis v McCall fight and McCall silenced 14,000 fans with one right-hand punch.. Lewis was completely out of it when he got to his feet at the count of six with many at ringside shouting "Stop it" as he fell into the referee`s arms on unsteady legs... even as Lewis left the ring 10 minutes later and still "Glassy-Eyed" he had to be helped down the ring-steps by his brother and handlers.. McCall was the first fighter who Lewis had ever fought who was although mediocre he was "At the Top of his Game"... Lewis avenged the defeat 3yrs later when McCall was far from "At the Top of his Game" he was brought out of a Drug-Rehab and without a single days training, he was mentally & physically unfit to be in a prizefight never mind fighting for a "Paper World Title" it was a disgrace to the sport...

Tyson was hammered by Douglas with Douglas then losing all interest in the game and meekly surrendering his title to Evander Holyfield.. Tyson was back in the ring 4 months later destoying the former Olympic champion Henry Tillman in less than a round and then massacred the World No3 contender Alex Stewart also in less than a round, Tyson quickly moved on to the World No1 contender Razor Ruddock hammering him in 8rds then ending Ruddock as a top flight fighter when brutally butchering him in their return fight, breaking Ruddocks Jaw, cheek-bone and eye-socket. Mike Tyson was then imprisoned for 4yrs which ended his boxing career.. Tyson did return to the ring years later winning 2 world championship belts but was only a "Shell" of the once great fighter he had been before his imprisonment.

TBear
08-11-2010, 05:32 AM
People are saying Tyson was robbed against Douglas?

Ziggy Stardust
08-11-2010, 09:35 AM
People are saying Tyson was robbed against Douglas?

Yeah, the usual crybaby whinging from the Tyson KoolAid drinkers.

Poet

Joeyzagz
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
The Mcall fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion but the ref made a judgement call and it is what it is.

Lennox has recovered from being dazed throughout his career and returned in the next round to win the fight. Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" after a KD to buy an extra 6 seconds to recover, some boxers hold to recover, others cover up, there are many things Lennox couldve done to regain his senses but he was not given that opportunity.

Lennox avenged his loss A couple years later and made Mccall cry in the rematch. Poetic JUSTICE.

sonnyboyx2
08-11-2010, 10:13 AM
The Mcall fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion but the ref made a judgement call and it is what it is.

Lennox has recovered from being dazed throughout his career and returned in the next round to win the fight. Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" after a KD to buy an extra 6 seconds to recover, some boxers hold to recover, others cover up, there are many things Lennox couldve done to regain his senses but he was not given that opportunity.

Lennox avenged his loss A couple years later and made Mccall cry in the rematch. Poetic JUSTICE.

ROFLMHO..... Howler

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM

I think personally as a Lewis fan, had it gone on then the more likely outcome would have been the same result. But you never can tell, i mean had the ref stopped the fight in the Holmes - Shavers fight there would have been no complaints, and most people would say that Shavers would of gone on to win it anyway.

sonnyboyx2
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I think personally as a Lewis fan, had it gone on then the more likely outcome would have been the same result. But you never can tell, i mean had the ref stopped the fight in the Holmes - Shavers fight there would have been no complaints, and most people would say that Shavers would of gone on to win it anyway.

Holmes vs Shavers was nothing like Lewis vs McCall.. Holmes was up almost immediately and was not falling around on unsteady legs like Lewis was.. these excuses for Lewis getting bombed-out by a mediocre journeyman are hilarious

sonnyboyx2
08-11-2010, 11:49 AM

Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" LOL

SBleeder
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
It doesn't matter if he was robbed or not- he was PAST HIS PRIME and therefore the loss doesn't even count.

HaglerSteelChin
08-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Well many like Don King made the excuse that Tyson had already knocked out Douglas with that upper cut in the end of Rd 8 or 9? They claim that the ref counted slow and Douglas didn't beat the count. It was interesting to note that Douglas was lucky there was no more time in the rd as Tyson would have finished him if he did.

Douglas victory just was one of those cinderella nights where things happened in his favor. People can make excuses about the slow count or that Tyson's corner didn't take care of his eye, but it didn't change one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

BattlingNelson
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Holmes vs Shavers was nothing like Lewis vs McCall.. Holmes was up almost immediately and was not falling around on unsteady legs like Lewis was.. these excuses for Lewis getting bombed-out by a mediocre journeyman are hilarious
Holmes was KD'ed really hard against both Shavers and Snipes. Against both he showed his incredible recuperative powers.

Against Shavers, Holmes take a full blooded right from a superpuncher here at (4.50):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vns_JUaVQls&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vns_JUaVQls&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Against Snipes Holmes is falling around at the start but incredibly seems to have regained most of his senses at the count of 8 (3.05):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlu4R_ZobU0&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlu4R_ZobU0&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Whereas Lewis looked completely unsteady as the referee finished the count showing much less powers of recovery than Holmes (but then who wouldn't?):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPQy-ScwyvE&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPQy-ScwyvE&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Then you are clearly blind and completely ignorant. I wasn't making an excuse for Lewis and I even said that the most likely outcome would of been a McCall victory. So stop twisting my words and re-watch the Shavers fight you fool. Holmes was wobbly after he got up, even after the fight was re-started he looked a gonner.

As for all you fools laughing at Lewis getting ko'd by mediocre journeyman just think about what heavyweight boxing champion got knocked out by the biggest underdog in heavyweight history. Think the journeyman was a 42-1 underdog, so how mediocre did that make him.

Tyson.
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
As for all you fools laughing at Lewis getting ko'd by mediocre journeyman just think about what heavyweight boxing champion got knocked out by the biggest underdog in heavyweight history. Think the journeyman was a 42-1 underdog, so how mediocre did that make him.

The 42-1 odds were more to do with just how great Mike Tyson was not how bad Douglous was.

Douglous beat Mccall, and Mccall was Tysons sparring partner. Tyson was partying hard, Lewis had no such distractions. Also Tyson survived much longer in the fight and with a different ref Tyson would have won the fight by KO.

Lewis's loss is a lot worse than Tysons.

Joeyzagz
08-11-2010, 06:41 PM
All these people calling Oliver a bum yet no one in the history of the sport has even been able to wobble him.

Mccall KD'd Tyson through head gear and predicted Buster would upset him in 1990. Mccall is stronger than everybody on Dempseys resume' and would destroy all of those 195 lb bastards in 1 round.

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 07:51 PM
All these people calling Oliver a bum yet no one in the history of the sport has even been able to wobble him.

Mccall KD'd Tyson through head gear and predicted Buster would upset him in 1990. Mccall is stronger than everybody on Dempseys resume' and would destroy all of those 195 lb bastards in 1 round.

I'm sure you'll find it was Page that knocked him down in sparring before the Douglas fight.

CarlosG815
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM

End Of.

This is true. As was the case in the Dempsey - Tunney fight, Buster was aware and was ready to stand and had the ref started counting a second or two earlier, Buster would have still made the count as he was not dazed and was aware of where the count was and stood up before the count of 10.

Buster kicked the **** out of Tyson that night and TBH I'm surprised that Buster got caught with that shot that put him down as Tyson was exhausted and had taken an insane amount of punishment.

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
The 42-1 odds were more to do with just how great Mike Tyson was not how bad Douglous was.

Douglous beat Mccall, and Mccall was Tysons sparring partner. Tyson was partying hard, Lewis had no such distractions. Also Tyson survived much longer in the fight and with a different ref Tyson would have won the fight by KO.

Lewis's loss is a lot worse than Tysons.

It was to do with both, Tyson only seemed superhuman because everyone else was so awful. Go and read the view of boxing writers from the magazines at the time.

LOL @ Lewis' loss was worse, he got stopped on his feet by a bum and then went on to win another two titles and unified and retired as champ having beat everyone he ever faced. 3 time champ and only Ali,Louis and Holmes made more defenses. That loss really damaged his career didn't it.

I'm sure I haven't got to explain to you what happened to Tyson after he got robbed. That loss didn't hurt as much as Lewis', pull the other one it finished him completely as a fighter. He was never high on confidence even as champion and Douglas took what little he did have that night and he never got it back.

Tysons loss is much worse.

MurderDeathKill
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Whoever says he was robbed? Nobody ever complains about that slow count bull****. People who defend Tyson's loss to Buster usually just talk about his lack of preparation.

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Whoever says he was robbed? Nobody ever complains about that slow count bull****. People who defend Tyson's loss to Buster usually just talk about his lack of preparation.

Quite a few on here do, even lack of preparation is bull****. Tyson neglected training as did Lewis against Rahman and they both deserved what they got.

Trenchant
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
The lack of preparation is very valid, you can just look at Tyson in that fight and see that he is not 100% in physical form, he is not excited about the fight at all, he's just going through the motions and he definitely underestimated douglas. He's lost the head movement and there is no pep in his legs for darting inside and getting set fast.
Lewis, I've got nothing against Lewis, he has alot of heart, he's a great fighter, but he would have been stopped if the ref let it go there. And McCall is way faster and more accurate than Shavers. McCall would have caught him again and even through Lewis's guard he would have been down again shortly.
Tyson's loss was from an accumulation of mega punishment, Douglas fought a great fight, if Tyson was more prepared and up for the fight Douglas would not have stopped him or even knocked him down. A physically prepared Tyson would be quicker and if he's up for the fight he'd have been more creative with combos and quicker on his feet, he was not ready like he needed to be.

-CANE-
08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
The lack of preparation is very valid, you can just look at Tyson in that fight and see that he is not 100% in physical form, he is not excited about the fight at all, he's just going through the motions and he definitely underestimated douglas. He's lost the head movement and there is no pep in his legs for darting inside and getting set fast.
Lewis, I've got nothing against Lewis, he has alot of heart, he's a great fighter, but he would have been stopped if the ref let it go there. And McCall is way faster and more accurate than Shavers. McCall would have caught him again and even through Lewis's guard he would have been down again shortly.
Tyson's loss was from an accumulation of mega punishment, Douglas fought a great fight, if Tyson was more prepared and up for the fight Douglas would not have stopped him or even knocked him down. A physically prepared Tyson would be quicker and if he's up for the fight he'd have been more creative with combos and quicker on his feet, he was not ready like he needed to be.

The point is he should of been ready. People were paying good money too see their hero. The least he could do was be in shape and the same goes for any other fighter out there.

If you say that's a valid excuse then I could easily say had Lewis been trained by Steward from the start of his career then Lewis would of been a much better fighter and would never have been caught like that.

Flab
08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/9zttzr.gif

sonnyboyx2
08-12-2010, 03:29 AM
The point is he should of been ready. People were paying good money too see their hero. The least he could do was be in shape and the same goes for any other fighter out there.

If you say that's a valid excuse then I could easily say had Lewis been trained by Steward from the start of his career then Lewis would of been a much better fighter and would never have been caught like that.

we could then say, Well if Tyson was trained by Ray Arcel he would still be champion today.. ha ha

-CANE-
08-12-2010, 07:45 AM
we could then say, Well if Tyson was trained by Ray Arcel he would still be champion today.. ha ha

Exactly, the dog would of caught the rabbit if he hadn't of stopped for a ****.