View Full Version : who was faster... hector camacho sr. or meldrick taylor?

talip bin osman
08-10-2010, 08:08 AM
...and who will win in a fight @ say, 140??

well historians?

BigStereotype
08-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Taylor by a longshot in both categories. Macho wouldn't throw 10 punch combinations in 2 seconds...

NChristo
08-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I'd say Taylor was faster, I'd also pick him to win.

Thread Stealer
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
At 140, Taylor. Camacho wasn't the same fighter nor quite as blazing fast as he had once been.

Not sure about the Camacho of earlier though, against the likes of Limon and Sato. Of course Hector was two divisions smaller so it's not the most fair comparison.

Megamasterking
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Nobody could run as fast as Camacho ! But seriously, it's an easy win for Taylor who got hurt badly by a warrior "Chavez" not a runner...

gibo
08-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Nobody could run as fast as Camacho ! But seriously, it's an easy win for Taylor who got hurt badly by a warrior "Chavez" not a runner...

"Nobody could run as fast as Camacho?" You must of missed the delahoja vs. TITO fight!!!

Miburo
08-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Camacho had the faster feet, he could get behind a guy in an instant without them even knowing what happened. Taylor had faster hands.

TBear
08-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Speed could be broken into catagories. Taylor had great hand speed, faster than Camacho, even Camacho was fighting at super featherweight. Camacho had foot speed, and had much better foot speed than Meldrick.

Had they met at Lightweight when Meldrick was young, Camacho would have been my favorite, it was the last weight Camacho really excelled at and Meldrick was better at lightwelterweight and welter. He would have the edge in my book at those weights. There was a time when they shared a common opponent early but Meldrick was young and green when he faced Howard Davis. I didn't consider the Chavez or Haugen fights as a good measuring sticks because Camacho was burnt out from the night life by the time he fought them.

TBear
08-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Camacho had the faster feet, he could get behind a guy in an instant without them even knowing what happened. Taylor had faster hands.

LOL I read your post after I answered, good point!

Ziggy Stardust
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM

Well, Camacho WAS a faster runner.....

Poet

BennyST
08-11-2010, 09:51 AM
At 140, Taylor. Camacho wasn't the same fighter nor quite as blazing fast as he had once been.

Not sure about the Camacho of earlier though, against the likes of Limon and Sato. Of course Hector was two divisions smaller so it's not the most fair comparison.

I agree with this. It's hard to say. You have to take into account power. Taylor rarely, if ever, truly tries to punch with power. He went for speed with a capital S. Camacho in his prime was probably nearly as fast but punched hard.

If they fought at 140? Taylor. Camacho wasn't the same anymore. People think he was a runner, but they forget what he was like before the Rosario fight. ****ing good! ****ing exciting!

BennyST
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
"Nobody could run as fast as Camacho?" You must of missed the delahoja vs. TITO fight!!!

Meh...people only say that because they either dislike the guy (not hard to understand) or they haven't watched much at all of him.

mrboxer
08-11-2010, 09:58 AM
...and who will win in a fight @ say, 140??

well historians?they were both fast,very fast and accurate,but i give the edge to taylor as his punches were harder and seemed to hit its mark with a lot more finesse,in the fight i would pick taylor to win,not by an overwhelming margin but by barely a unanimous decision,:boxing: