View Full Version : Most Skillful Fight?

BigStereotype
08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
What fight would you say had the highest level of skill-level between the two participants? Marquez-Casamayor and Marquez-Barrera are my two favorite chess-match style fights, wondering what you guys had to say about it. The Casamayor-Marquez fight in particular was awe-inspiring the way the two of them used every trick in the book to pry open the other's defense. Good thing my man came out on top.

talip bin osman
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
toney- mccallum

toney- nunn

leonard- benitez

on top of my head...

Ziggy Stardust
08-10-2010, 01:06 AM
toney- mccallum

toney- nunn

leonard- benitez

on top of my head...

Can't argue with those picks.....Leonard - Benitez is the first that came to mind for me.

Poet

Megamasterking
08-10-2010, 01:25 AM
I would say Ali vs Frazier 1 because they had opposing skills and technics: one held his gloves high, the other down. Ali wanted to fight from a distance "is that the correct way to say that in English?" Frazier wanted a closer fight, etc... i could go on...

So you get to see a lot in that great fight !

Toney616
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Toney-McCallum I
Barrera-Marquez

SBleeder
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Can't argue with those picks.....Leonard - Benitez is the first that came to mind for me.

Poet

And for me.

r.burgundy
08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
mosley vs de la hoya
de la hoya vs quartey
leonard vs duran 1
mayweather vs judah/castillo 1
marquez vs pacman

Calilloyd
08-10-2010, 06:25 PM
What fight would you say had the highest level of skill-level between the two participants? Marquez-Casamayor and Marquez-Barrera are my two favorite chess-match style fights, wondering what you guys had to say about it. The Casamayor-Marquez fight in particular was awe-inspiring the way the two of them used every trick in the book to pry open the other's defense. Good thing my man came out on top.

Whitaker-McGirt along with many of the others picked here.

Thread Stealer
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
The first two to come to mind were Toney-McCallum 1 and Duran-Leonard 1.

MeccaOfBoxing
08-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Barney Ross vs Jimmy Mclarnin deserves a mention.

Eric Holder
08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Ezzard Charles vs Jersey Joe Walcott

both of them were so technical

BigStereotype
08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks guys! I love these chessmatch style fights, I'll be watching the **** out of them. But I watched Corrales-Castillo and that was a killer inside fight.

talip bin osman
08-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys! I love these chessmatch style fights, I'll be watching the **** out of them. But I watched Corrales-Castillo and that was a killer inside fight.

i remember sugarj suggestion of holmes-norton... go watch it man... great technical chessmatch right there...

and if u want inside fighting galore, i suggest u watch duran-palomino... awesome...

r1e2y4
08-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Toney-McCallum I
McGirt-Whitaker

Little Mac
08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Probably the exhibition match between Willie Pep and Sugar Ray Robinson. LoL.

Jones Jr.-Toney
Leonard-Duran
Barrera-Morales
Chavez-Taylor
Pacquiao-Marquez 2

The Surgeon
08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
In recent times i thought Oscar De La Hoya vs Shane Mosley was a very high classhigh speed and excting chess match, both guys were on their game that night

BennyST
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Way too many to list....Duran/Leonard, Leonard/Benitez, McCallum/Kalambay, McCallum/Toney.....

Ahh ****....forget it. Too many running around my mind to even bother.

Thread Stealer
08-13-2010, 06:09 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7HHSRIX8Nuc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7HHSRIX8Nuc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UaMOxrkYqqY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UaMOxrkYqqY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

#1Assassin
08-13-2010, 07:18 AM
mosley vs de la hoya
de la hoya vs quartey
leonard vs duran 1
mayweather vs judah/castillo 1
marquez vs pacman

^^LOL

back in the real world, some that havent been mentioned are..

mccallum-curry
mccallum-graham
hopkins-wright
marquez-john
hagler-duran
hearns-leonard II
hearns-benitez
robinson-kid gavilan (havent acctually seen this one, not sure there is even footage but it must have been a real skillful fight).