View Full Version : Hopkins vs Taylor I:What do you think of this fight?

Toney616
08-08-2010, 10:01 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/richard_obrien/12/02/taylor.hopkins/p1_hopkins_taylor_1202.jpg
I never thought much of Taylor, but I was impressed with his performance in this fight.

-His double jab stopped Hopkins from countering him, forcing Hopkins to take the lead, something which he didnt want to do

-His reflexes were damned sharp, he slipped a lot of Hopkins right hands especially during the first 6 rounds of the fight

-I also consider it a great win for Taylor, due to the fact that he beat a very good version of Hopkins

>Right Jab<
08-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I think Hopkins's got his Middleweight title reign ended by nothing more than ''Good'' fighter, who's record after the hopkins fights, is 3-4-1. And 3 of those 4 losses have come by KO.

Can you imagine the likes of Monzon, Hagler, or Ketchel getting there title reign ended by a fighter of Taylor's standard?

dde91
08-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hopkins was robbed. You dont take away a fight like that from a Champion who has had the belt for many years and is number 1 p4p like that. you could even say 2 of the last 4 rounds could be scored 10-8 rounds the way Hopkins hurt Taylor. If Hopkins was younger then he would of put Taylor out of there.

dr.archives
08-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I thought Taylor did enough to win but if it had gone in favour of Hopkins that would have been fine too. I think it was too much too soon for Taylor. Hopkins back-to-back must have been rough.

Squizz
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Hopkins was robbed.

Please. You clearly are incapable of being objective on this matter. Bernard was not robbed, he was beaten. He simply did not do enough throughout the fight to win. It's that simple. If he'd stepped on the gas earlier, he would have won the fight.

angelaben
08-09-2010, 05:25 AM
enjoy here

------------

#1Assassin
08-09-2010, 05:38 AM
i think hopkins won the fight. i can see how a mainstream fan would think he wasnt busy enough, but someone who scores fights for a living should know better. taylor wasnt landing ****, the hbo crew kept saying he landed shots that clearly missed. hopkins showed great defense, ring generalship and landed the cleaner more effective shots forcing taylor to slow down towards the end even though the pace was slow as ****. then he dominated the late rounds to put the fight in the bag, it was close and taylor fought the fight of his life. but he didnt do enough to take the title from a great champion like hopkins.

Toney616
08-09-2010, 07:56 AM
i think hopkins won the fight. i can see how a mainstream fan would think he wasnt busy enough, but someone who scores fights for a living should know better.
Jones, Lampley, Lederman, Merchant and two of the judges had Taylor winning:

~ referee: Jay Nady | judge: Duane Ford 115-113 | judge: Jerry Roth 112-116 | judge: Paul Smith 115-113 ~

I think Taylor deserved to win it as well, when I find the time im going to score the fight and post up my scorecard

T.McGrady
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I think hopkins won. It was a close fight though.

Toney616
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I think hopkins won. It was a close fight though.
Hopkins gave away too many of the early rounds imo

JK1700
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I thought Taylor deserved to win both fights. Bernard just didnt throw enough to win enough rounds. He was being too cautious because Taylor would keep him away with the jab. Meaning Bernard had to take the lead to win the close rounds and he didnt lead enough to make it decisive.

It was close but Hopkins just didnt do enough. And going back to the guy who said Hagler or Monzon wouldnt lose to Taylor. I just think that some guys just have your number and Taylor had Bernard's number. If you don't agree with me then tell me how Iran Barkley managed to beat Thomas Hearns twice. Hearns was an excellent boxer and Barkley got his ass tapped by every other top fighter other than him.

frankenfrank
08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I think Hopkins's got his Middleweight title reign ended by nothing more than ''Good'' fighter, who's record after the hopkins fights, is 3-4-1. And 3 of those 4 losses have come by KO.

Can you imagine the likes of Monzon, Hagler, or Ketchel getting there title reign ended by a fighter of Taylor's standard?

My opinion in another man's words

carlos slim
08-09-2010, 07:31 PM

they all retired long before they hit 40 so thats irrelevant......hopkins just took way too many rounds off taylor won off activity really most his punches didnt land but hopkins didnt do anything to counteract that in the eyes of the judges.......no one to blame but himself really....