View Full Version : Dirtiest Fighter Ever?

BigStereotype
08-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Who's the dirtiest fighter you ever saw? Duran famously knocked out Ken Buchanan with a low-blow, but I really thought of this because I just watched Casamayor-Castillo. That was a low-blow, hold-and-hit, headbutting festival.

Stone Roses!
08-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Evander Holyfield
Andrew Gollota

DeelDough
08-07-2010, 02:55 AM
B-Hop.....

talip bin osman
08-07-2010, 02:58 AM
fritzie zivic of course...

frankenfrank
08-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Which I ever saw ? Bernard Hopkins .

JAB5239
08-07-2010, 03:37 AM

Can also add Sandy Saddler and Battling Nelson.

Miburo
08-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Saddler, Zivic.

frankenfrank
08-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Who's the dirtiest fighter you ever saw? Duran famously knocked out Ken Buchanan with a low-blow, but I really thought of this because I just watched Casamayor-Castillo. That was a low-blow, hold-and-hit, headbutting festival.

Saddler, Zivic.

Obviously they either ignore the (whole) question or missed that part , and don't know anyway because you did not see them.

r.burgundy
08-07-2010, 05:11 AM
saddler but from what ive read of greb,i would hav to put him up there.as far as modern goes,holyfield by a country mile

1SILVA
08-07-2010, 05:54 AM

Golota
Zivic
Pedroza

cooper5
08-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Two Ton Tony Galento! (Duran the dirtiest???)

BIg Smoke
08-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Holyfield..

Axl Rose
08-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Holyfield is such a legend, but he still is a very dirty fighter. Headbutts big time.

NChristo
08-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Marcel Cerdan, Fritzie Zivic and Sandy Saddler

SBleeder
08-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Not frequently brought up, but Michael Carbajal got away with low blow after low blow. He'd put his body punches right belt line.

And Mike Tyson for his arm-breaking, ear-biting.

JAB5239
08-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Obviously they either ignore the (whole) question or missed that part , and don't know anyway because you did not see them.

Maybe you should actually do some research before opening your mouth since there is film of every fighter mentioned from your quoted list.

BennyST
08-07-2010, 10:53 AM

That's racist and nationalist!

Although, I might agree with Saddler.

BigStereotype
08-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I think I agree with Holyfield. I sorta forgot about him, but he was a headbutting machine if he thought he had a chance at losing.

Miburo
08-07-2010, 12:55 PM

I've seen plenty of both, and you only need to see one fight of Saddler's to know how he worked, he always fought the same way, dirty as hell. There's tons of footage of him.

CarlosG815
08-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Evander Holyfield's dirty tactics are very frustrating to watch.

Obama
08-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Jack Dempsey & Muhammad Ali deserve a mention.

GJC
08-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Fritzie Zivic for sure though its suprising that Marciano hasn't got a mention yet, for the ****ell fight alone!

Forza
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
golota for constant dick punching and hitting opponents when they were down, on purpose.

Gotta rank holyfeilds headbutting up there as well. He nearly deserved his ear being bitten for doing that to tyson twice.

TheGreatA
08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Mysterious Billy Smith for being DQ'd 10+ times during an era when fighters didn't get disqualified too easily.

Fritzie Zivic was the best at fouling though. He would brag about it, yet was never DQ'd in over 230 fights.

prinzemanspopa
08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Too much 'hatin' on mah boy,the Holy one,in this thread.I tend to think the foul play on Holyfield's part has been a little exaggerated over the last ten years or so.I've never really noticed his "butting" in fights.Perhaps he just really crafty like that.

I think in terms of blatant 'ball busting' and 'leading with the head',Joe Frazier definately deserves a mention.

Nobody loved 'bustin dem balls' the way good old "smokin" Joe did.

Yaman
08-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Holyfield knew all the tricks in the book.

Lennox Lewis at times would hold and hit. he did this many times for his right uppercut. It was how he knocked out Michael Grant actually. Quite atrocious considering how lethal it was and was never called by any ref.

Forza
08-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Holyfield knew all the tricks in the book.

Lennox Lewis at times would hold and hit. he did this many times for his right uppercut. It was how he knocked out Michael Grant actually. Quite atrocious considering how lethal it was and was never called by any ref.

love your youtube channel bro

HaglerSteelChin
08-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I include different things to define dirty. Not just low blows, pushing off, head butts, or hitting on the break. I include rought tatics, rabbit punching, and yes cheating before the ring.

Ad Wolgast(alley fighter) ,Max Baer, Trinidad, Fenech(check out the rugby tackle in first nelson fight).

Okay obvious picks- Luis Resto, Margocheato, and any guys who use PED's or loaded gloves.

Most gentleman fighters: Arguello, De La Hoya, and for all the bad rep for being a nazi in his early days, Max Schemling was one of the nicest fighters both in the ring and outside of the ring.

Toney616
08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Hopkins
Casamajor
Bradley
Holyfield

Toney616
08-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Too much 'hatin' on mah boy,the Holy one,in this thread.I tend to think the foul play on Holyfield's part has been a little exaggerated over the last ten years or so.I've never really noticed his "butting" in fights.Perhaps he just really crafty like that.

You should watch Holyfield-Toney and Holyfield-Lewis II again

Toney616
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Jack Dempsey & Muhammad Ali deserve a mention.
Ali was damned dirty as well, he was constantly pulling down on the back of his opponents neck

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 03:43 AM

I think in terms of blatant 'ball busting' and 'leading with the head',Joe Frazier definately deserves a mention.

Nobody loved 'bustin dem balls' the way good old "smokin" Joe did.

See, this is how you shoot your own credibility in the foot. Show me one instance of Frazier being dirty and I'll show you three for Evander. Wanna bet sigs, bans or e-points?

prinzemanspopa
08-08-2010, 06:05 AM
See, this is how you shoot your own credibility in the foot. Show me one instance of Frazier being dirty and I'll show you three for Evander. Wanna bet sigs, bans or e-points?

I never denied Holy's dirty deeds.All I said was that his "butting" offences have been a little exaggerated,in my view.And that I hadn't really noticed them in fights like so many others seem to do.

Perhaps I was too busy watching the the brilliance of the Holy one to pay attention.

With simple,plain fighters like Frazier,it's alot easier to take notice of their infractions.

Stone Roses!
08-08-2010, 06:20 AM
People are mentioning Ali?

:lol1:

You might aswell add Joe Frazier to the list of dirty fighters cause I have yet to see any fighter lean with his head as much as Joe did.

People were absolutely raged that Andre Ward was fighting dirty against Allen Green, with his head pressed against his chest, well that was Joe Frazier's entire career encased in a nutshell.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM
People are mentioning Ali?

:lol1:

You might aswell add Joe Frazier to the list of dirty fighters cause I have yet to see any fighter lean with his head as much as Joe did.

People were absolutely raged that Andre Ward was fighting dirty against Allen Green, with his head pressed against his chest, well that was Joe Frazier's entire career encased in a nutshell.

Ali was great, but he was dirty like few others. I was waiting for him to get brought up, actually. He would hold behind the head, thumb eyes, all sorts of nasty tricks.

NChristo
08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I know Joe Frazier used to punch his opponents hips too slow them down, haven't seen too many if any of him "bustin dem balls" though.

frankenfrank
08-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Ali was great, but he was dirty like few others. I was waiting for him to get brought up, actually. He would hold behind the head, thumb eyes, all sorts of nasty tricks.

Also thumb eyes ? not that i m arguing , but in which fights ?
Now he really starts 2 seem dirty :
Holyfield , Tyson , Ali , Lewis , McCall . Half of my top 10 are dirty .
But none was as dirty as Hopkins.
Lewis and McCall at least ere less dirty than the others I mentioned , correct me if I'm wrong.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Also thumb eyes ? not that i m arguing , but in which fights ?
Now he really starts 2 seem dirty :
Holyfield , Tyson , Ali , Lewis , McCall . Half of my top 10 are dirty .
But none was as dirty as Hopkins.
Lewis and McCall at least ere less dirty than the others I mentioned , correct me if I'm wrong.

I remembered someone *****ing about it from Facing Ali, and you see him hold the guys head and nail the hell out of him with the side of his glove. It makes sense, but I'm pretty sure it was Ernie Terrell, so I would understand if there was a little resentment there haha.

Toney616
08-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I remembered someone *****ing about it from Facing Ali, and you see him hold the guys head and nail the hell out of him with the side of his glove. It makes sense, but I'm pretty sure it was Ernie Terrell, so I would understand if there was a little resentment there haha.
Yeah, it was Ernie Terrel. It all happened becuse he had dared to call Ali by his "slave" name. Im going to take it that Ali doesnt know much about history as well

frankenfrank
08-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes , Jack Dempsey deserves a mention , but how many here saw his low blow hook combo against Jack Sharkey ?
And someone tell me about Ali's use of the thumbs.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes , Jack Dempsey deserves a mention , but how many here saw his low blow hook combo against Jack Sharkey ?

Check out Facing Ali. There's a clip of him just battering Terrell's (I think) face with his thumb when they're against the ropes.

frankenfrank
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Check out Facing Ali. There's a clip of him just battering Terrell's (I think) face with his thumb when they're against the ropes.

So it happened only against Terrell ?

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 12:04 PM
So it happens only against Terrell ?

That's the one that specifically jumps to mind. I think I read about him doing it to Karl Mildenberger, too, but I never saw that fight. I'm sure these history gurus can provide more examples, since he was pretty liberal with the rules.

GoogleMe
08-08-2010, 12:09 PM
What do you know about Battling Nelson? Did you ever see him fight??????

Anthony342
08-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Fritzie Zivic for sure though its suprising that Marciano hasn't got a mention yet, for the ****ell fight alone!

You mean, for hitting an opponent on the back of the head when the opponent would duck his head down? I remember he did that to Archie Moore too.

If not that, then what dirty tactics is Marciano known for?

Anthony342
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I include different things to define dirty. Not just low blows, pushing off, head butts, or hitting on the break. I include rought tatics, rabbit punching, and yes cheating before the ring.

Ad Wolgast(alley fighter) ,Max Baer, Trinidad, Fenech(check out the rugby tackle in first nelson fight).

Okay obvious picks- Luis Resto, Margocheato, and any guys who use PED's or loaded gloves.

Most gentleman fighters: Arguello, De La Hoya, and for all the bad rep for being a nazi in his early days, Max Schemling was one of the nicest fighters both in the ring and outside of the ring.

Cool. Yeah I heard something about Trinidad, but I haven't gotten to his career set yet. So what was he known for? Loaded hand wraps? What were they loaded with? I saw that HBO documentary on Resto Assault in the Ring, great boxing doc. Apparently he didn't know about the stuffing being taken out beforehand from the gloves, but said he saw Panama Lewis with someone else going into the bathroom with the gloves. I guess he felt by the time he put them on, it might've been too late and maybe didn't want to rat out Lewis. The doc said both guys did time in prison for assault and that Lewis is banned from working the corner so he only works in the gym. Resto also sheds light on the mixed bottles Lewis used, like with Aaron Pryor in the first Arguello fight. Resto said it was some kind of OTC asthma tablet dissolved in water to open up the airways of a fighter, giving him more energy in the later rounds. I doubt Pryor knew about that either. What I liked about Pryor too was he proved he was the better boxer by taking the rematch with Arguello with a different trainer and beating him in 3 fewer rounds.

What about dirtiest trainers or cornermen? Panama Lewis has to be the dirtiest? Were there any other corner guys known for dirty tactics? The only other guys I think of is Sonny Liston's corner, when they put that solution on his gloves that burned Ali's eyes in their first fight. Apparently other fighters had similar complaints about burning eyes after fighting Liston. Any other guys? Margharito's camp of course, none I can think of at the moment. I don't know if it was always intentional with Holyfield with the headbutts. I think sometimes it was, others, it seemed accidental to me. In his fight with Bobby Czyz, Bobby complained about his eyes burning too and that caused the TKO stoppage, so there was probably some shenanigans involved there.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, no doubt that Panama Lewis is the dirtiest mother****er ever to step even near a boxing ring not named Don King.

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
What do you know about Battling Nelson? Did you ever see him fight??????

I can't claim to know a whole lot about Nelson, but his reputation precedes him. The only fights I've seen of his are on youtube vs Joe Gans and Owen Moran.

BattlingNelson
08-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't claim to know a whole lot about Nelson, but his reputation precedes him. The only fights I've seen of his are on youtube vs Joe Gans and Owen Moran.
TheGreatA posted vids of his fights with Ad Wolgast and Jimmy Britt. Sadly these fights are deleted from youtube now.

Topic: Saddler and Bat Nelson was 2 of the dirtiest ever.

elfag
08-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Ali was terrible with that head holding **** in the foreman fight. Foreman never complained and the ref could care less.

I mean he gets credit for pulling off the upset when hes past his best but he had to do all the tricks even blatantly illegal ones. Its a major fight historically but I dont ever watch it cause its a very ugly fight

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I never denied Holy's dirty deeds.All I said was that his "butting" offences have been a little exaggerated,in my view.And that I hadn't really noticed them in fights like so many others seem to do.

Perhaps I was too busy watching the the brilliance of the Holy one to pay attention.

With simple,plain fighters like Frazier,it's alot easier to take notice of their infractions.

No, you said "I think in terms of blatant 'ball busting' and 'leading with the head',Joe Frazier definately deserves a mention." You say this as if its even comparable to Holyfields dirty tactics when everybody knows it isn't. If you'd care to make a wager I'd be more than happy to accommodate you. Or is this just more of your trolling?

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 03:56 PM
TheGreatA posted vids of his fights with Ad Wolgast and Jimmy Britt. Sadly these fights are deleted from youtube now.

In hindsight I do believe I saw his fight with Wolgast, but can't be certain. Much of my knowledge of him actually comes from you my friend.

Calilloyd
08-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Mustafa Hamsho

prinzemanspopa
08-08-2010, 04:20 PM
No, you said "I think in terms of blatant 'ball busting' and 'leading with the head',Joe Frazier definately deserves a mention." You say this as if its even comparable to Holyfields dirty tactics when everybody knows it isn't. If you'd care to make a wager I'd be more than happy to accommodate you. Or is this just more of your trolling?

You're right,it's not comparable - Frazier's more dirty than Holyfield is.

Frazier did continually lead with his head,and he did continually hit well below the belt.These weren't just isolated incidents,this is how he fought and won fights.

What's your obsession with wanting to make wagers everytime a disagreement pops up?

Linked to a possible gamling problem of your own,perhaps?

Smokin'J
08-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Frazier did continually lead with his head,and he did continually hit well below the belt.These weren't just isolated incidents,this is how he fought and won fights.

What's your obsession with wanting to make wagers everytime a disagreement pops up?

What about you and your hate against Joe Frazier?
Seems like everytime a thread pops up about a negative thing of a fighter you always have something negative to say about Joe

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Back your words up with some proof.

Really? Which fights did he win in this manner and name the fighters who complained about Frazier being dirty.

Whats your obsession with being to frightened to wager e-points or sigs?

Yeah, you got me! I have an addiction to gambling with imaginary e-points. I wouldn't call it a problem though since I can't lose.

HaglerSteelChin
08-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Cool. Yeah I heard something about Trinidad, but I haven't gotten to his career set yet. So what was he known for? Loaded hand wraps? What were they loaded with?

The issue about Trinidad's gloves before the Hopkins fight has been touched by many around NSB and on the net. Some tried to excuse the wraps saying they were not illegal on many states and so forth. I worked with the cousin who use to be Trinidad's promoter in Puerto Rico and he told me himself that Trinidad's dad was the master of how to wrap gloves while being officially not dubbed "loaded."

Here is from another Post:
"It was alleged by the Hopkins camp that Trinidad had too much padding and tape on his hands and that he dipped his hands in ice water with the padding and tape. When the hand wraps dried, it would become as hard as a cast. The Trinidad camp argued they had always wrapped his hands in this manner. The New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC), agreeing with the Hopkins camp, ordered the Trinidad camp to re-wrap Trinidad***8217;s hands. If I***8217;m not mistaken, Trinidad***8217;s hands had to be re-wrapped two more times until the NYSAC and the Hopkins camp were satisfied they were legally wrapped. Trinidad became so upset that he even threatened to pull out of the fight. Once Trinidad hand wraps were given the OK, he went out and fought Bernard Hopkins and lost by knockout. This was his first career loss."

I myself became suspicious while watching him fight early on and i spend plenty of time in PR when Trinidad was young and coming up the ranks. Many years later he knocked out William Joppy a guy who NEVER was knocked out at that time. This also was him moving up in weight, and guys before and after, tried to hit Joppy with the Kitchen sink and not knock him out. I think Joppy only kod once more in his career after Trinidad. The fact that he made a big deal about re-wrapping adds fuel to the story.

Trinidad was known for low blows as well. I haven't seen his fights with Vargas and Mayorga in years, but check out what happened. He got knockdown by Vargas in Rd 4 and when Vagas comes in for the kill than Tito hits him with a low blow to slow down the momentum. When he was having trouble with finishing Mayorga he hit him low twice, the second time Steven Smoger didn't even give Mayorga rest time or 5 mins, so Trinidad would finish him round 8.

Also the DLH fight there were several times that Tito hit after the bell, no points taken away, if one point had been taken away than DLH would have gotten a draw.

prinzemanspopa
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Back your words up with some proof.

Really? Which fights did he win in this manner and name the fighters who complained about Frazier being dirty.

I know Oscar Bonavena's camp complained about Frazier's ball busting prior to his rematch with Frazier.Fighters didn't really complain as much about headbutts and low blows back then.

Frazier was a dirty fighter.Asking for proof that he is more dirty than Holyfield is ridiculous.You can only have an opinion on that matter.

Yeah, you got me! I have an addiction to gambling with imaginary e-points. I wouldn't call it a problem though since I can't lose.

Throwing out some little E-wager everytime there's a disagreement is certainly a cause for concern.

You can run out money but you can't run out of E-points,huh?

frankenfrank
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Why are they deleted from youtube now?

TBear
08-08-2010, 06:12 PM
We could name many, and this has become, a field day! Any of us could look at any fighter's career and include tactics from their fights that were or could be considered dirty. There is not on champion in history that is immune to this. Many fighters listed were nore dirty fighters in my opinion.

joe strong
08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Evander Holyfield
Andrew Gollotathese 2 are my picks as well.

JK1700
08-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm amazed that hardly anybody has mentioned Bernard Hopkins, This guy is certainly the dirtiest fighter of my era and arguably of all time. If you dont believe me then watch his fight with Winky Wright, He deliberately butted Winky at least three times in addition to holding and hitting, rabbit punching and hitting on the break and after the bell. It was disgraceful.

A competent referee would have at least warned him and threatned to DQ Hopkins but he was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted to win that fight. All the referee did was come in and push them apart everytime Bernard started clinching, Which was about 10 times every round. But like I said, He wasnt warned once, Despite all of these dirty tactics.

He's definetly the most dirty guy I have ever seen, But there are some others that deserve a mention. Most notably Andre Ward, Another disgracefully dirty fighter who gets all of his fights in his hometown with hometown referee's that don't punish him for his excessive clinching and deliberate headbutting.

turdleburgle
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm amazed that hardly anybody has mentioned Bernard Hopkins, This guy is certainly the dirtiest fighter of my era and arguably of all time. If you dont believe me then watch his fight with Winky Wright, He deliberately butted Winky at least three times in addition to holding and hitting, rabbit punching and hitting on the break and after the bell. It was disgraceful.

A competent referee would have at least warned him and threatned to DQ Hopkins but he was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted to win that fight. All the referee did was come in and push them apart everytime Bernard started clinching, Which was about 10 times every round. But like I said, He wasnt warned once, Despite all of these dirty tactics.

He's definetly the most dirty guy I have ever seen, But there are some others that deserve a mention. Most notably Andre Ward, Another disgracefully dirty fighter who gets all of his fights in his hometown with hometown referee's that don't punish him for his excessive clinching and deliberate headbutting.

And let's not forget your hero

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/12-09/mayweather_hatton_boxing_400a.jpg

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I know Oscar Bonavena's camp complained about Frazier's ball busting prior to his rematch with Frazier.

Lol, one fighter? Source or it didn't happen.

Fighters didn't really complain as much about headbutts and low blows back then.

Says who? Another unjustified claim. :lol1:

Frazier was a dirty fighter.Asking for proof that he is more dirty than Holyfield is ridiculous.You can only have an opinion on that matter.

There is plenty of video of BOTH fighters. There is also testimony from the fighters they fought and people who have watched them. Post up everything you can find on Frazier being a dirty fighter and I'll do the same with Holyfield than lets see who is more credible here.

Throwing out some little E-wager everytime there's a disagreement is certainly a cause for concern.

Being so terrified to lose e-points is even more a concern.

You can run out money but you can't run out of E-points,huh?

I don't pay my bills with e-points so I don't ever worry about it. It just makes things a little more interesting because posters such as yourself are to scared to lose them.

JK1700
08-08-2010, 08:01 PM

lol, What is he doing wrong? Hatton is holding him and he's looking at the ref as if to say "Is this allowed"?

I'm guessing your one of those people that think Joe Cortez influenced the Mayweather-Hatton fight. I advise you to go back and watch it again without being biased and judge the fight for yourself.

The exchanges that Cortez broke up would have been broken up by any other referee. Yes inside fighting is a key part of boxing but if you are just holding the guy and not punching then the referee has to break it up.

There was plenty of instances in that fight where Cortez did allow them to exchange along the ropes and Hatton simply got nothing done on the inside. That was because of Mayweather, not Cortez.

Floyd just beat Hatton at his own game.

turdleburgle
08-08-2010, 08:07 PM
lol, What is he doing wrong? Hatton is holding him and he's looking at the ref as if to say "Is this allowed"?

I'm guessing your one of those people that think Joe Cortez influenced the Mayweather-Hatton fight. I advise you to go back and watch it again without being biased and judge the fight for yourself.

The exchanges that Cortez broke up would have been broken up by any other referee. Yes inside fighting is a key part of boxing but if you are just holding the guy and not punching then the referee has to break it up.

There was plenty of instances in that fight where Cortez did allow them to exchange along the ropes and Hatton simply got nothing done on the inside. That was because of Mayweather, not Cortez.

Sticking his elbow in his opponents face is what he's doing wrong.

It wasn't just against Hatton he did it either.A 38 year old Shane Mosley had Mayweather's elbow in his face all night too.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 08:25 PM

That is a clear elbow to the face. Floyd would have beat the everloving **** out of Hatton that night, Cortez or no. Floyd beat him inside, picked him apart and all that. But he is clearly jamming his elbow in Hattons face and I think that's the eye that got cut.

JK1700
08-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Sticking his elbow in his opponents face is what he's doing wrong.

It wasn't just against Hatton he did it either.A 38 year old Shane Mosley had Mayweather's elbow in his face all night too.

I'm going to ignore your post as you seem to be an ignorant troll/******* who has absolutley no idea of what they are talking about.

That is a clear elbow to the face. Floyd would have beat the everloving **** out of Hatton that night, Cortez or no. Floyd beat him inside, picked him apart and all that. But he is clearly jamming his elbow in Hattons face and I think that's the eye that got cut.

That picture isnt conclusive at all. You can't even see his elbow, If you look closely it's actually his arm which he is using to try and push Hatton off him. The elbow isnt anywhere near Hatton's face, It's pointing in the opposite direction.

Elbow or not, It's boxing and things like that happen. You'd be naive to think Hatton or any other fighter hasnt roughed up an opponent on the inside before. That's just part of the game, It happens all the time. I don't think pushing somebody off with your arm or elbow can be described as "dirty tactics".

To me dirty tactics is things like deliberate headbutting, rabbit punching, low blows and hitting on the break and after the bell. People are bound to use their elbows and arms on the inside, That's nothing new.

turdleburgle
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm going to ignore your post as you seem to be an ignorant troll/******* who has absolutley no idea of what they are talking about.

That picture isnt conclusive at all. You can't even see his elbow, If you look closely it's actually his arm which is trying to push Hatton off him.

Elbow or not, It's boxing and things like that happen. You'd be naive to think Hatton or any other fighter hasnt roughed up an opponent on the inside before. That's just part of the game, It happens all the time. I don't think pushing somebody off with your elbow can be described as "dirty tactics".

To me dirty tactics is things like deliberate headbutting, rabbit punching, low blows and hitting on the break and after the bell. People are bound to use their elbows and arms on the inside, That's nothing new.

You really are a deluded nuthugger arent you? there is video evidence of him using his elbows to push off/into his opponents face.That's illegal.

he did it throughout his fight with hatton and mosley.

BigStereotype
08-08-2010, 08:42 PM

That picture isnt conclusive at all. You can't even see his elbow, If you look closely it's actually his arm which he is using to try and push Hatton off him. The elbow isnt anywhere near Hatton's face, It's pointing in the opposite direction.

Elbow or not, It's boxing and things like that happen. You'd be naive to think Hatton or any other fighter hasnt roughed up an opponent on the inside before. That's just part of the game, It happens all the time. I don't think pushing somebody off with your arm or elbow can be described as "dirty tactics".

I did't mean it in a derogatory sense - I see dirty tactics as more cagey than unsportsmanlike. Well, ball punches are, but hip punches, holding and hitting and all that don't really bother me. But Mayweather is leaning into the elbow, I really do think that's an intentional foul. But you're right: Hatton is a dirty fighter as well. The low-blow against Tszyu is legendary.

prinzemanspopa
08-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Lol, one fighter? Source or it didn't happen.

Google news archieve.It did happen.

There is plenty of video of BOTH fighters. There is also testimony from the fighters they fought and people who have watched them. Post up everything you can find on Frazier being a dirty fighter and I'll do the same with Holyfield than lets see who is more credible here.

If you expect me to go re-watch every single Frazier fight available just to make note the number of fouls he commited just to satisfy you,then you can forget it.

I don't pay my bills with e-points so I don't ever worry about it. It just makes things a little more interesting because posters such as yourself are to scared to lose them.

I don't even pay attention to them.Any slight disagreement and you're instantly proposing these silly little wagers.I've seen you do it many times.Personally,I find it a little childish.

What about you and your hate against Joe Frazier?
Seems like everytime a thread pops up about a negative thing of a fighter you always have something negative to say about Joe

Believe it or not,your namesake is not immune from criticism.

JAB5239
08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Google news archieve.It did happen.

You made the claim, not me. When I make claims I support them, do the same.

If you expect me to go re-watch every single Frazier fight available just to make note the number of fouls he commited just to satisfy you,then you can forget it.

Yeah, I knew this was coming, lol!! If there were as many instances as you say this would be easy. Truth is you're trolling by making unwarranted claims. You're spineless.

I don't even pay attention to them.Any slight disagreement and you're instantly proposing these silly little wagers.I've seen you do it many times.Personally,I find it a little childish.

If you're really that scared to lose e-points than I won't press you about it, ok? :lol1:

Believe it or not,your namesake is not immune from criticism.

No fighter is. But your hating, biased agenda is beyond critical.

TBear
08-09-2010, 04:46 AM

I first noticed Mayweather using the elbow in the Baldomir fight. So I made this from my recording of Mayweather-Hatton. Watch everytime Hatton gets inside Mayweather sticks his elbow in Hatton's face. No two scenes are repeated. Count how may time Cortez mentions it to Floyd.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0qclW1dag8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0qclW1dag8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Toney616
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM

He should of got dqed, but the biased ref was willing to turn a blind eye to evrything he did
If you think he was bad in the Wright fight, you should check him out in the Holmes fight whetre he puts on a low blow clinic

Toney616
08-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I first noticed Mayweather using the elbow in the Baldomir fight.
I noticed it form the Castillo I fight, where he kept pushing his elbow into Castillo's neck

McGoorty
09-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Golota
Zivic
Pedroza
Jeff Smith, Battling Nelson, Abe Attell, Ad Wolgast, Andrew Golota, Mike Tyson, George Chip, Gene Fullmer, Fritzie Zivic and Fred Henneberry are the All-Time Top 10 Dirtiest fighters ever,...... in no particular order.

RubenSonny
09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I love a bit of dirty fighting.

IronDanHamza
09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Jeff Smith, Battling Nelson, Abe Attell, Ad Wolgast, Andrew Golota, Mike Tyson, George Chip, Gene Fullmer, Fritzie Zivic and Fred Henneberry are the All-Time Top 10 Dirtiest fighters ever,...... in no particular order.

What about Sandy Saddler?

Floyd Sinclair
09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
What about George Foreman, the way he used to constantly shove his opponents?

NChristo
09-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Kabary Salem.

McGoorty
09-05-2011, 02:01 PM
What about Sandy Saddler?
Yeah, maybe Sandy was dirtier than George Chip, Chip was always throwing backfists,... The Dirtiest Fighter of them all was either Battling Nelson or Middleweight Fred Henneberry./ Fred was just a bit worse than Jeff Smith,.... man was that Smith dirty too,,.. like Fred, he had no qualms whatsoever...... but you're right Saddler should have been there.

Terry A
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Without any shadow of a doubt, Mr. Zivic was as filthy as they come. In a good kinda way of course!

joseph5620
09-09-2011, 09:25 PM
B-Hop.....

My vote goes to Mustafa Hasmsho, Mike Tyson, Freddie Norwood, and Andrew Golota.

I've watched their dirty tactics.

Greatest1942
09-10-2011, 05:39 AM
"You've Gotta Fight Dirty "....

McGoorty
09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
"You've Gotta Fight Dirty "....
I think Fred Henneberry still takes the title...... but the single worst incident of them all was Tysons Ear Eating routine............ That really took the cake.

rorymac
09-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Any takers for Kabary Salem? The man who killed a fighter with a headbutt? Broke Veit's nose?

Toney616
09-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Any takers for Kabary Salem? The man who killed a fighter with a headbutt? Broke Veit's nose?
Just read up on it on Wiki.......Damn

BattlingNelson
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
The legendary poster Threadstealer usually mentioned Mysterious Billy Smith in these kinds of threads. Smith was notoriously known for his roughhousing and was DQ'ed 13 times which is more than any other fighter in history. And remember that he fought around the turn of the century where the rules wasn't enforced harshly at all.

McGoorty
09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
The legendary poster Threadstealer usually mentioned Mysterious Billy Smith in these kinds of threads. Smith was notoriously known for his roughhousing and was DQ'ed 13 times which is more than any other fighter in history. And remember that he fought around the turn of the century where the rules wasn't enforced harshly at all.
Yeah, that was what one guy said was the "Mysterious" about Billy Smith, he said that the biggest mystery about Smith was "how does he get away with all that dirty stuff, it's a real mystery"............. They used to get some some referee's straight out of the home for the blind............. I hope I don't offend any blind people reading this post.

The Surgeon
09-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Just read up on it on Wiki.......Damn

Too bad it wasnt Calzaghe....

Harsh. :sad6:

Seriously tho every fight ive seen that ****er in (not many granted) he is uber dirty. He probably deserves the top spot

BattlingNelson
09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah, that was what one guy said was the "Mysterious" about Billy Smith, he said that the biggest mystery about Smith was "how does he get away with all that dirty stuff, it's a real mystery"............. They used to get some some referee's straight out of the home for the blind............. I hope I don't offend any blind people reading this post.
I doubt they'll complain. Hahaha. Unless they got a braillescreen.

rorymac
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey I felt that! :lol1:

McGoorty
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Speak up !!!!... I can't hear you, my sinuses are blocked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McGoorty
09-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Speak up !!!!... I can't hear you, my sinuses are blocked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I can't read Braille, I have no sense of touch, at least I can still taste.

Mugwump
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
At the rate he's cracking other fighters' skulls with his nut Tim Bradley might soon be rising in the rankings.

Mintcar923
09-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Andrew Golota in his prime. I cannot understand why he had gotten 2 DQ's in a row in the Bowe fights. But I wasn't very surprised! Frank Bruno perhaps for his penchant for rabbit punching. And last but not least, Holyfield in his later years. For evidence, look at Mike Tyson and Hasim Rahman's heads after those fights.

cja07007
09-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Nigel Benn and Barrera when he was pissed.