View Full Version : Chael Sonnen Suffers “Stomach Bug” as Anderson Silva Fight Looms

McAlister
08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
source: http://www.5thround.com/46719/chael-sonnen-suffers-stomach-bug-as-anderson-silva-fight-looms/

http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/UFC-Middleweight-Chael-Sonnen-2.jpg

Not that 4-to-1 favorite Anderson Silva needed any additional advantages going into Saturday’s UFC 117 title match against Chael Sonnen, but the chatty challenger has revealed he’s just now coming out of a “stomach bug” that floored him at the beginning of this week.

“I love it. I love nuisances, I love adversity, I love being hurt when I walk to a ring. I don’t feel good right now and I love that,” Sonnen told MMAFighting.com. “I got like a little stomach bug going around, but that’s exactly how I’d want to be.

“It came on Sunday. I started feeling it Friday night, but I got it really hard Sunday and I’m already coming out of it. The worst day was Monday, it was a drag.”

While most people on this side of sanity would prefer to be at their best when facing the planet’s baddest middleweight, Sonnen has consistently proven throughout this pre-fight promotional process that his judgment might be a tad clouded. Not only is Sonnen willingly going to stand opposite “The Spider” inside Oracle Arena in Oakland, but he’s been antagonizing the champion all the livelong day.

Although Sonnen’s nationwide comedy tour has received rave reviews, his new-found popularity has adversely influenced his ability to properly prepare for the biggest fight of his life.

“It’s the worst. There’s a lot to do and it affects my sleep pattern,” Sonnen said of the media demands required for headlining a UFC pay-per-view. “I’ve been doing shows on the east coast at 7AM. I live in the west coast, so I’m in the studio at 4AM, which means I’m up by 3AM so I look awake.

“It’s been very hard.”

Thankfully, the time for talking is over as showtime is just two days out.

------------------------------------------------------

looks like he has his excuse ready... already lol

Gorilla Dogs
08-06-2010, 07:22 PM
all bull****. just a way for him to have an excuse. I can see through the smoke screen. Then hes gonna ask for an automatic re-match and look like a fool again.

Fk that guy

ƒallenloki
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Chael Sonnen coming up with excuses? Say it ain't so.