No announcement yet.

Joey Giardello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Giardello

Whats your take on him? How great do you feel he was, is he a ATG, is he a top 100 fighter etc.

Seems very underrated...............

Very underrated. Hard to rank him, but theres so many good fighters in such an old sport its hard to rank anyone. I don't like to do it

Giardello is a great example of a guy with a "natural" style. He just picked up things in the gym. This kind of guy would be a nightmare in a street fight. Very stylish fighter, one of the best to watch that ever did it

Comment

Not top 100 or an all-time great, but he is arguably a top 20 middle, atleast top 30. Very skilled, very tough and he could punch with both hands. Unfortunately he did not show up in the best shape possible for most of his fights. He also had some troubles outside the ring preventing him from getting a title shot until finally winning it after 120+ fights at 33 years of age.

Comment

I'm not sure about ranking him but I used to love to hear Rocky Marciano say his name on his show before they would show one of Giardello's fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Not top 100 or an all-time great, but he is arguably a top 20 middle, atleast top 30. Very skilled, very tough and he could punch with both hands. Unfortunately he did not show up in the best shape possible for most of his fights. He also had some troubles outside the ring preventing him from getting a title shot until finally winning it after 120+ fights at 33 years of age.
          What he said.

Comment

Working...
          X