View Full Version : Question about Muhammad Ali and the Ring Magazine?

boxing boy
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
How long did the Ring magazine keep Muhammad Ali the Champion after he was stripped of his title?

I remember it was a year or two i think.Does anyone know the exact amount of time?

Thank You

hhascup
08-06-2010, 11:18 AM
How long did the Ring magazine keep Muhammad Ali the Champion after he was stripped of his title?

I remember it was a year or two i think.Does anyone know the exact amount of time?

Thank You

Ali announced his ring retirement at a special newsmen's gatherings he had called on February 3, 1970, at which he offered his belt to the winner of the Frazier-Ellis fight. His offer was turned down by Frazier.

Ali's title was officially vacated by him on February 9, 1970. A week later on February 16, 1970, Frazier became the official Ring Champion when he stopped Ellis in 5 rounds.

boxing boy
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Ali announced his ring retirement at a special newsmen's gatherings he had called on February 3, 1970, at which he offered his belt to the winner of the Frazier-Ellis fight. His offer was turned down by Frazier.

Ali's title was officially vacated by him on February 9, 1970. A week later on February 16, 1970, Frazier became the official Ring Champion when he stopped Ellis in 5 rounds.

Thank you very much,it's much appreciated.

So Muhammad Ali was still the Champion of the ring magazine for almost 3 years after being stripped of his title.