No announcement yet.

Few Questions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions.

Iam starting boxing soon and I have a few questions.

1. Is it true that boxers keep their mouth shut through the fight and only breath through the nose? I find that hard to believe because you get less oxygen in that way.

2. When I get a punch on my nose my eyes start to get wet. Does that go away with time?

Originally posted by Uchaaa View Post

1. Is it true that boxers keep their mouth shut through the fight and only breath through the nose? I find that hard to believe because you get less oxygen in that way.

2. When I get a punch on my nose my eyes start to get wet. Does that go away with time?
    1. this is incorrect

2. yes, just man up

Comment

what he said. just make sure you dont open your mouth, bite down on your mouthguard otherwise all it takes is one good punch to the chin to knock you out and break your jaw if your mouth is open

Comment

So it is correct that the mouth is being shut all the time but it is incorrect that I get less oxygen if I breath only through my nose?

Comment

So it is correct that the mouth is being shut all the time but it is incorrect that I get less oxygen if I breath only through my nose?
          no. always tuck your chin and bite the mouth piece. but you can breath through your mouth. some boxers even make a hiss sound as they breath when they throw a punch.

Comment

1. yes thats true. u get less oxcygen but u get to keep your jaw in one piece, not to mention stay upright.

2. just tough it up and u will get used to it over time, just try to relax when your in the ring and make sure to look at the punches and not turn away from them too early.

Comment

How can you say you get the same amount of oxygen when breathing through the nose. I can barely breath only through my nose when Iam walking. Is there a special breathing pattern?

Comment

Working...
              X