View Full Version : The Morales vs Barrera Trilogy

Toney616
07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Finally I got around to watching all three fights, great trilogy, shame my boy Morales only won the first one. What do my fellow posters here think of this trilogy?

Favourite rounds: 10, 11 from the third fight

Heru
07-29-2010, 05:10 PM
El Terrible is one of my favorites too, he really was one of the ATG action fighters and he should've won the 2nd fight too.

Toney Loc
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought Barrera won the first but lost the second. He clearly won the third, though.

Sugarj
07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm with Juan Gabriel. No two ways about it..........Barrera deserved the first match........and clearly too, it wasn't even close in my opinion.

Fight two was very close, but I must admit I did shade it for Morales when I added up my scorecard.

Fight three was definitely a win for Barrera too........but not as clear as fight one to my eyes.

I really like both these fighters. History should be kind to these two!

BigStereotype
07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Greatest trilogy in history? Maybe...but I thought Fight 1 was a clear Barrera win. Round 5 of that fight was the greatest back-and-forth that I've ever seen.

bojangles1987
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Really good trilogy, those two will be forever linked because of it. First fight definitely my favorite.

Toney616
07-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Greatest trilogy in history? Maybe...but I thought Fight 1 was a clear Barrera win. Round 5 of that fight was the greatest back-and-forth that I've ever seen.
Yeah I have to agree with everyone here, Barrera clearly won the first fight, with Morales winning the second fight. The third wasnt even close, I think the first two fights took alot out of Morales. But the fact that he had enough left in the tank to beat the likes of Pacquiao and Diaz*, shows what a great fighter he was in his prime

Toney616
07-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Really good trilogy, those two will be forever linked because of it. First fight definitely my favorite.
The first was my favourite as well, but Morales took a bad beating in that fight. He was a mess by round 12

Toney616
07-30-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm with Juan Gabriel. No two ways about it..........Barrera deserved the first match........and clearly too, it wasn't even close in my opinion.

Fight two was very close, but I must admit I did shade it for Morales when I added up my scorecard.

Fight three was definitely a win for Barrera too........but not as clear as fight one to my eyes.

I really like both these fighters. History should be kind to these two!
I think History will be kind to those two fighters.

Toney616
07-30-2010, 06:01 AM
El Terrible is one of my favorites too, he really was one of the ATG action fighters and he should've won the 2nd fight too.
The scoring was strange for fights 1 and 2, Barrera clearly won the first, with Morales winning the second

Toney616
07-30-2010, 06:03 AM
I thought Barrera won the first but lost the second. He clearly won the third, though.
I agree, he clearly won the third, Morales looked like he was on the slide by that fight as well. I also got around to watching Morales-Diaz, Morlaes was clearly robbed. He should be a 4-divison champion

Ziggy Stardust
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I think History will be kind to those two fighters.

It should: They're both ATG fighters and certainly no easy night for any of the other ATGs in their weight class.

Poet