View Full Version : Prime mclellan vs. Prime hagler

gratz_the_king
07-27-2010, 11:02 AM
this would be an unbelievable match IMO

could mclellan dent haglers chin?

sonnyboyx2
07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
i dont think this fight would end by KO Hagler took the bombs of Hearns and McClellan took the bombs of Jackson

[poet682006]
07-27-2010, 12:51 PM
This would DQ

The_Demon
07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Hagler by decision

NChristo
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Hagler by decision, don't see it ending in a KO, Hagler is not getting KO'd by anyone at MW imo and Gman had a pretty damn good chin as well.

Hell of a fight though.

r.burgundy
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
i like gman by ko.hagler seemed afected by rodan's power so i know gman can do some damage if he lands

Ziggy Stardust
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
i like gman by ko.hagler seemed afected by rodan's power so i know gman can do some damage if he lands

You mean like the way Hagler was effected by Hearns' power?

Poet

Calilloyd
07-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Affected how?

Calilloyd
07-27-2010, 03:24 PM
this would be an unbelievable match IMO

could mclellan dent haglers chin?

I think McClellan gets stopped here in a methodical manner. There's a big difference between Julian Jackson/Benn and Hagler.

titanium
07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
It would be a mismatch. McClellan looked good at who he faced but that would be no help. Hagler would control and dominate this match. Additionally Hagler fought in the time of the same day weigh in. McClellan would not be able to dry out and rehydrate to 176 lbs as he did for his middleweight title fights. A habit which proved dangerous and was used by Steward til McClellans injury but was wisely stopped after.
Either way Hagler would get the ko.

r.burgundy
07-27-2010, 05:01 PM
You mean like the way Hagler was effected by Hearns' power?

Poet

hagler took 1 good shot from tommy.maybe that fight ends up different if hearns doesnt break his hand

Ziggy Stardust
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
hagler took 1 good shot from tommy.maybe that fight ends up different if hearns doesnt break his hand

He took more than that and you nuthuggers need to stop rolling out the excuses for Hearns getting his ass kicked by a better fighter :bottle:

Poet

blaze778
07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
This would be competitive for about 3 or 4 rounds before Hagler beats McClellan up for about 9 rounds and stops him in the 12th, brutally.

Hagler's chin was ridiculous. He didn't have the one punch power McClellan had, but Hagler beat guys down by accumulation and had the mental toughness and determination that was so rare, only a few guys like Chavez had that. McClellan had great power and potential, and even though his career was cut short, he still didn't show enough to prove that he was in Hagler's league.

bojangles1987
07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I think McClellan gets stopped here in a methodical manner. There's a big difference between Julian Jackson/Benn and Hagler.

Agreed. It wouldn't be some spectacular stoppage, like he did most his opponents Hagler would systematically beat McClellan to a stoppage.

r.burgundy
07-27-2010, 10:36 PM
He took more than that and you nuthuggers need to stop rolling out the excuses for Hearns getting his ass kicked by a better fighter :bottle:

Poet

lmao since when am i hearns nuthugger???hagler took 1 good strait right that had some leverage and the rest were just tommy winging punches.so by your logic,a broken hand isnt a good reason for getting your ass kicked

Ziggy Stardust
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
lmao since when am i hearns nuthugger???hagler took 1 good strait right that had some leverage and the rest were just tommy winging punches.so by your logic,a broken hand isnt a good reason for getting your ass kicked

:bottle::bottle::bottle:Keep whinging fan-boi :)

Poet

Thread Stealer
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Hagler should outbox McClellan and either win a UD or stop him in the latter rounds.

G-Man does have a size advantage, he was a HUGE middleweight who would rehydrate a lot, but Hagler's the much more sound, well-rounded fighter. Especially as McClellan became more power-crazy later in his career and left himself so open. For most of his career, Hagler had solid defense with his parrying and head movement.

r.burgundy
07-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Hagler should outbox McClellan and either win a UD or stop him in the latter rounds.

G-Man does have a size advantage, he was a HUGE middleweight who would rehydrate a lot, but Hagler's the much more sound, well-rounded fighter. Especially as McClellan became more power-crazy later in his career and left himself so open. For most of his career, Hagler had solid defense with his parrying and head movement.

you guuys are making it seem like hagler was pernel whitaker or something.he got often in his fights,but he had a great chin.his chin wouldve been severely tested against the gman and im not to convinced it wouldve held up

STILL_DETOX
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
gman would get exhausted by the 6th round

Marcov
07-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I agree with 86% of the voters!

jvsnypes
07-28-2010, 03:24 AM
If it was a 15 round fight, then Hagler would break him down the whole fight until the 13th or 14th round. Then he would drop him.McClellan would get up like a true warrior but get pounded until the ref stopped it. If it was a 12 round fight, Hagler would get a very close UD.

GoogleMe
07-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Mclellan might K.O hagler. Hearns didn't have the same advantages at MW that he did at WW, so I wouldn't compare that way around.

rsf
07-28-2010, 10:20 AM
hagler takes the G-MANS best shots and grinds him down slowly chopping away for a late tko victory

Roadwork
07-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Gotta love the Marvelous One.

Toney616
07-30-2010, 06:44 AM
It would be a mismatch. McClellan looked good at who he faced but that would be no help. Hagler would control and dominate this match. Additionally Hagler fought in the time of the same day weigh in. McClellan would not be able to dry out and rehydrate to 176 lbs as he did for his middleweight title fights. A habit which proved dangerous and was used by Steward til McClellans injury but was wisely stopped after.
Either way Hagler would get the ko.
Fighters are still doing this, I remember pwill rehydrating 18 lbs for his first fight will Quintanta