View Full Version : Herol Graham

Bronsky
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
This man is definitely one of my all time favorite fighters. I won't front like I knew about him forever and a day, rather these past few years but of all the info I've read up on and video I've seen on him. I consider him one of the best. Was his inability or "bad luck" to capture a world title what kept him out of most people's mouths? What say you boxingscene? I also love the fact he fought with a more "American style" than a European style. Very entertaining fighter. Much respects to the BOMBER!

sonnyboyx2
07-27-2010, 01:25 AM
very good fighter who was very unfortunate to not win a world title, Graham had a point deducted in the final round which cost him victory and the world title against Mike McCallum... Graham beat plenty of decent fighters with my personal favorite fight of his being his complete dismantling of the highly-touted Olympian Chris Johnson

Silencers
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Graham had lots of ability, but he sometimes got careless and overconfident which cost him in some of his bigger fights. I wanted him to win against Charles Brewer just so he would be able to call himself a world champion but it didn't happen. Good fighter.

sonnyboyx2
07-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Graham had lots of ability, but he sometimes got careless and overconfident which cost him in some of his bigger fights. I wanted him to win against Charles Brewer just so he would be able to call himself a world champion but it didn't happen. Good fighter.

true enough... Graham got overconfident again Julian Jackson and got poleaxed when on the verge of victory, against Charles Brewer Herol Graham was nearly 40yrs old if he had fought Brewer 20yrs earlier he would have destroyed Brewer in under 5rds

Silencers
07-27-2010, 04:47 AM
true enough... Graham got overconfident again Julian Jackson and got poleaxed when on the verge of victory, against Charles Brewer Herol Graham was nearly 40yrs old if he had fought Brewer 20yrs earlier he would have destroyed Brewer in under 5rds

Yeah, in the second Kalambay fight too, he would get a foothold in the fight then he'd get a little sloppy and Kalambay would get back into the fight.

I agree about Brewer, Graham would've handled him when he was younger.

Sugarj
07-27-2010, 10:19 AM
One of the most talented men never to win a world title!

Bronsky
07-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah, He got too ****y when he had his way, aside from that, the brewer fight was ehhh, an old Graham. The Jackson fight was incredible, his counters were superb.....it's just too bad, that damn puncher's chance is no joke.

Ziggy Stardust
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Great fighter and one of my all-time favorites.

Poet

-CANE-
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
My memory is not good at the moment, I'm off me head but if I'm correct didn't Hagler get stripped for fighting Ray Leonard instead of Graham.

I'm sure it was originally for all of Haglers titles, but then politics took over and SRL only won the WBC belt.

Sugarj
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
The 1987 version of Graham would have had a very good chance of decisioning the Hagler that fought Leonard!