View Full Version : Pacquao vs Mayweather

jeffholland00
07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
This is the most awaited fight..the 7 times champion manny pacman pacquao vs the undefeated Floyd Mayweather.If this two popular guy fight, who would you think is the winner..?for me I think manney pacquao is the winner because manny pacquao is quicker than mayweather, the advantage of mayweather, he si big compare to manny.

them_apples
07-27-2010, 10:12 AM
This is the most awaited fight..the 7 times champion manny pacman pacquao vs the undefeated Floyd Mayweather.If this two popular guy fight, who would you think is the winner..?for me I think manney pacquao is the winner because manny pacquao is quicker than mayweather, the advantage of mayweather, he si big compare to manny.

there hand speed is about equal. Pacquiao is just the more mobile of the 2 and likes to throw a lot of punches..making him seem quicker because he's so hyper.

There size difference is pretty similar too. Floyd probably weighs no more than 150 on fight night and that's exactly what Pacquiao fights at these days. Pacquiao is a bit shorter but he's a lot more sturdy and durable.

The size difference would have been like Floyd and Judah only Pacquiao's got a bigger head and thicker legs than Zab Judah. Floyds also put on a bit of muscle since those days as well.

Pacquiao is the bigger puncher, and he's got the better chin. This I don't see any debate over. Pacquiao has not and cannot be hurt above 140..hell...even at 130 I've never seen him hurt for more than 1 second.

now how will the fight play out? I see Floyd landing his right hand on Pacquiao all night, both from range and a short right hand when Pacquiao comes in. That said, for the right hands he is unable to land, Pacquiao will be throwing combinations and using angles for 12 rounds. I really don't think Floyd can hurt Pacquiao, but running into a right hand over and over I'm sure can take it's toll. In my opinion though, especially at this weight and this stage, I don't think Floyd can last 12 rounds with the pacman without getting knocked out.

Shane hit's hard but he's certainly no knockout artist at this stage of his career -

So if i'm going to pick It would be a Pacquiao stoppage at round 10-11 or 12..or a decision for either of them. Floyd can only pot shot at this stage of his career and I just can't see that working unless Pacquiao sits in the middle of the ring, something he never does.

Sugarj
07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd 'just' edge Pacquiou right now, on workrate, the southpaw jinx and also because I think Roach will prepare an excellent gameplan.

Mayweather to me looked terrific against Marquez and Mosley, he might pull off another masterclass and we'll all be left wondering why we even gave Pac a chance!

But I might have a sly bet on a decision win for Pac. A fiver on the draw might be a useful bet too considering Chavez vs Whitaker precidence! I'm sure you'll find odds of between 20:1 and 33:1. Tempting!

jeffholland00
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
them_apple. great opinion, I agree with you,

Hope the fight will be realized so that we can see that our prediction of the two fighter is right.
I think . I'll go for manny pacquiao.

Megamasterking
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
The fight that we all want to see ! Pacquiao is the only fighter that can actually put constant pressure on Floyd with clean and effective shots. Floyd won't be comfortable with that pressure and will have to go in a war. There is just no way that Floyd will be able to run from Manny, Manny will cut the corners and hurt him. Floyd will conterpunch but i don't think it will be enough to stop Manny from going forward. The only way that Floyd can win this fight is by dropping some $$$$$ near the judges in a Las Vegas fight...