View Full Version : Biggest Punchers Joe Frazier Fought.........

Stone Roses!
07-23-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been reading alot of discussion about Smoking Joe lately so I have a question I want your opinion on.

List the Biggest Punchers Joe Frazier fought........

Note: Only List BIG Punchers.

Vadrigar.
07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
http://top-10-list.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/george-foreman.jpg

DarkTerror88
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Bonavena wasn't no lightly when it came to power and overall strength.

Vadrigar.
07-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Bonavena wasn't no lightly when it came to power and overall strength.

I was going to write Buster Mathis, but was unsure. Would you classify him as a big hitter?

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 07:15 AM
George Foreman - The hardest puncherin heavyweight in history
Bob Foster - The hardest punching Light-Heavyweight in history

Smokin Joe Frazier took everything the above two fighters could hit him with and still came on for more... the moral of this thread is: NO FIGHTER EVER PUT JOE FRAZIER TO SLEEP - which cannot be said for the like of Wlad Klitschko, Lennox Lewis or Larry Holmes.

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 07:16 AM
George Foreman - The hardest puncher in heavyweight in history

Smokin Joe Frazier took everything the above two fighters could hit him with and still came on for more... the moral of this thread is: NO FIGHTER EVER PUT JOE FRAZIER TO SLEEP - which cannot be said for the like of Wlad Klitschko, Lennox Lewis or Larry Holmes.

Mannie Phresh
07-24-2010, 07:18 AM

um the hardest hitting heavy ever is considers shavers

GameGod
07-24-2010, 07:36 AM

Clearly you know nothing about the Heavyweight history of those times. When Frazier took on Foreman, he lost by TKO in Round 2 and TKO in Round 5; I wouldn't describe that as taking "everything he could hit him with and coming on for more".
"NO FIGHTER EVER PUT JOE FRAZIER TO SLEEP" may be true, but that was only because Foreman had him so hurt so soon that the referee decided to stop it before Frazier was put to sleep permanently. And that was in Round 2.

His win over Bob Foster is undeniable but Foster was naturally much lighter than Frazier so this doesn't prove that much.

By the way, the physically strongest Heavyweight in history was Ernie Shavers; Foreman was only #2.

Vadrigar.
07-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Arthur Mercantes thoughts on the stoppage:

Indeed, he famously stopped Frazier's 1971 title bout in Kingston, Jamaica in round two, after George Foreman had knocked the champion down six times. "Frazier was a bull, a tough, tough guy. You'd have to hit him with a sledgehammer to knock him out... he was up and ready to go when I stopped the fight."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/arthur-mercante-boxing-referee-who-took-charge-of-the-first-fight-between-muhammad-ali-and-joe-frazier-1958571.html

NChristo
07-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Clearly you know nothing about the Heavyweight history of those times. When Frazier took on Foreman, he lost by TKO in Round 2 and TKO in Round 5; I wouldn't describe that as taking "everything he could hit him with and coming on for more".
"NO FIGHTER EVER PUT JOE FRAZIER TO SLEEP" may be true, but that was only because Foreman had him so hurt so soon that the referee decided to stop it before Frazier was put to sleep permanently. And that was in Round 2.

This is true but I see what Sonny is saying, Frazier never stopped moving forward even after being knocked down numerous times and did somewhat take everything Foreman threw at him, it wasn't Frazier that wanted to stop the fight it was the ref.

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 01:06 PM
This is true but I see what Sonny is saying, Frazier never stopped moving forward even after being knocked down numerous times and did somewhat take everything Foreman threw at him, it wasn't Frazier that wanted to stop the fight it was the ref.

very true... i have Foreman vs Frazier (1) filmed from outside the ring (rare-footage) and Foreman looked knackered with hitting Frazier, also Frazier got one or two very good punches into Foreman... i am not saying Frazier could have won, Frazier was simply to light and with him crouching it made it easy for Foreman to land his lethal uppercuts with max power... Foreman also cheated throughout the fight by pushing Frazier back with both hands so as Frazier was on the back foot and not able to bore in....