View Full Version : lennox lewis the greatest heavyweight of all time.

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 05:02 AM
According to george foreman.I can't post the video of foreman saying this because I don't have enough posts yet.I will when I do tho.

Cant argue with the dude here,lewis beat everyone he ever faced.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 05:32 AM
According to george foreman.I can't post the video of foreman saying this because I don't have enough posts yet.I will when I do tho.

Because Foreman says something therefore that means it's true?

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Because Foreman says something therefore that means it's true?

Takes one great to recognize the other.His words mean more than some random historian.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Takes one great to recognize the other.His words mean more than some random historian.
Its not that simple, what fighters say about other fighters have to be taken in context, especially when you have a former fighter talking about a active fighter

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Its not that simple, what fighters say about other fighters have to be taken in context, especially when you have a former fighter talking about a active fighter

Most former fighters trash current fighters and say that they are not as good as the fighters that were around in their day.

foreman is being honest if you ask me.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Most former fighters trash current fighters and say that they are not as good as the fighters that were around in their day.
Not always and it depends on the fighter as well. Ray Leonard, Hagler and Benn always say a lot of over the top stuff about active fighters especially Benn

foreman is being honest if you ask me.
Resume wise there are a number of fighters who should be placed above Lewis. Lewis's best wins are:
Vitali
Holyfield - past prime
Tua
Ruddock - Past prime

Hardly enough to be classed as the best hw of all time

Megamasterking
07-23-2010, 06:11 AM

Don't post the video, poor Foreman was a ATG HW but by saying this he proves that Ali not only beat the **** out of him, but did brain damage to Big George. Ali is the GOAT HW... Lewis is not even in my Top ten, he was a good HW though.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Don't post the video, poor Foreman was a ATG HW but by saying this he proves that Ali not only beat the **** out of him, but did brain damage to Big George. Ali is the GOAT HW... Lewis is not even in my Top ten, he was a good HW though.
Foreman always goes over the top when a mic is placed in front of him

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Not always and it depends on the fighter as well. Ray Leonard, Hagler and Benn always say a lot of over the top stuff about active fighters especially Benn

Resume wise there are a number of fighters who should be placed above Lewis. Lewis's best wins are:
Vitali
Holyfield - past prime
Tua
Ruddock - Past prime

Hardly enough to be classed as the best hw of all time

Lewis fought and beat all the best of his era.He also battered Tyson after he had ducked him so long.Ruddock was favoured to beat him and Lewis eat him easier than Tyson ever did.

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 06:58 AM

lol come off it mate.lewis not even a top ten hw? you cant tell me there are ten better heavyweights than lewis because thats just absolute nonsense.

lewis would have beaten ali and any other hw h2h.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Lewis fought and beat all the best of his era.He also battered Tyson after he had ducked him so long.Ruddock was favoured to beat him and Lewis eat him easier than Tyson ever did.
His era wasn't as great as other era's hw fighters have fought in. Ruddock was never the same fighter after his two wars with Tyson
Tyson was shot when Lewis fought him as well, so its hardly a great win
Lewis also ducked other fighters as well

BEEHOP
07-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Lewis is top 5 no doubt.

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
His era wasn't as great as other era's hw fighters have fought in. Ruddock was never the same fighter after his two wars with Tyson
Tyson was shot when Lewis fought him as well, so its hardly a great win
Lewis also ducked other fighters as well

thats an opinion and many would argue that it was as strong as any other hw era.lewis's era was a superheavweight era where unlike today the heavyweights they were skilled as well as being big

how do you know ruddock was never the same after the tyson fights? because lewis beat him so easily?

tyson was past his best but he was still a top fighter.lewis was also past his best and tyson waited years until he signed to fight lewis.

lewis never ducked anyone.

Toney616
07-23-2010, 07:37 AM
thats an opinion and many would argue that it was as strong as any other hw era.lewis's era was a superheavweight era where unlike today the heavyweights they were skilled as well as being big.
Tell me the top fighters in Lewis's era

how do you know ruddock was never the same after the tyson fights? because lewis beat him so easily?
Ruddock took a bad beating during the second Tyson fight, he spent most of that fight fighting with a broken jaw as well. Years after that fight, he was interviewed and he said that he was never the same after his wars with Tyson

tyson was past his best but he was still a top fighter.lewis was also past his best and tyson waited years until he signed to fight lewis..
You got it completely wrong here, Tyson was a shot fighter at the time after he had:

Spent 3.5 years in prison
Lost both Holyfield fights
Suspended for another year (after Holyfield II)
Went to prison for another 6 months (road rage incident)
Hadn't beaten a live body since Ruddock back in 91
Abused alcohol and recreational drugs between fights
His heart was no longer in the sport, he never really wanted to go back into boxing and was just going through the motions for the money

He wanted nothing to do with Lewis, who took him to court to force him to fight. If Tyson didn't fight Lewis, then the WBC was going to driop him from their rankings

lewis never ducked anyone.
Mercer- who wanted a rematch
Byrd-who was his ibf mandatory, Lewis vacated the belt
Ike-Who wanted big fights after beating Tua
Vitali-Who wanted a rematch as well

Sugarj
07-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Even if Foreman truely believes that Lewis is the greatest of all time, I'd still favour prime Foreman to win a head to head with prime Lewis, by knockout.

Lennox was a damn good heavyweight, he makes my top ten.

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Tell me the top fighters in Lewis's era

Ruddock took a bad beating during the second Tyson fight, he spent most of that fight fighting with a broken jaw as well. Years after that fight, he was interviewed and he said that he was never the same after his wars with Tyson

You got it completely wrong here, Tyson was a shot fighter at the time after he had:

Spent 3.5 years in prison
Lost both Holyfield fights
Suspended for another year (after Holyfield II)
Went to prison for another 6 months (road rage incident)
Hadn't beaten a live body since Ruddock back in 91
Abused alcohol and recreational drugs between fights
His heart was no longer in the sport, he never really wanted to go back into boxing and was just going through the motions for the money

He wanted nothing to do with Lewis, who took him to court to force him to fight. If Tyson didn't fight Lewis, then the WBC was going to driop him from their rankings

Mercer- who wanted a rematch
Byrd-who was his ibf mandatory, Lewis vacated the belt
Ike-Who wanted big fights after beating Tua
Vitali-Who wanted a rematch as well

The very top - Holyfield,Tyson and bowe.Lewis beat holyfield and both bowe and tyson ducked him.

Obviously Ruddock is going to claim that.He put up a good fight against tyson while lewis make him look like a clown the way he destroyed him so easily.

all tysons fans make excuses for him everytime he gets his ass kicked.lewis was just a better boxer than him.anytime tyson fought someone who hit back then he'd get discouraged.

lewis already fought and beat mercer
lewis already fought and beat vitali
ike got himself locked up before anyone wanted to see him fight lewis
nobody wanted to see lewis-byrd,byrd was a paper champion who got dominated by both klitschko brothers

NChristo
07-23-2010, 08:24 AM
lol come off it mate.lewis not even a top ten hw? you cant tell me there are ten better heavyweights than lewis because thats just absolute nonsense.

http://biggeorge.com/main/puncher_boxers.php

George's Top 10 Heavyweights

1. Joe Louis.
To be honest with you, number two is way off. Joe Louis is in a class by himself.

2. Rocky Marciano.
Just look at Rocky Marciano's record. Nobody beat him. You can't take that from him.

3. Jack Johnson.
A big brave cat, because he'd do whatever he wanted and get out of the way.

4. Muhammad Ali.
Put him down as the GREATEST MAN to ever box, and a hero bigger than boxing. Once Ali lost his speed, it only showed that he'd never developed a great defense.

5. Joe Frazier.
Only because he depended solely on his left hook do I rate Joe Frazier below Marciano. Marciano could hit with both hands.

6. Jack Dempsy.
Jack Dempsy's very name means strength and courage. Other than Joe Louis, there is not a name in boxing or in sports with more meaning.

7. Mike Tyson.
A phenomenon. What Mike Tyson was able to do with his speed of hand and punching power is as phenomenal as what Muhammad Ali did when he was Cassius Clay with speed of feet. Tyson deserves to be in the top ten; this is where I put him, the youngest man to become Heavyweight Champion of the World.

8. Sonny Liston.
If Sonny Liston truly had not lost his cool, had not underestimated a young Cassius Clay; and kept the same mind set that he had as a contender, history would have been a lot kinder to him. Sonny Liston could not believe Muhammad Ali was so fast and had so much courage. It just made him fall apart.

9. Floyd Patterson.
The First Two-Time Heavyweight Champion of the World.

10. Evander Holyfield.
For standing up to Mike Tyson.

Straight off his own website, I don't see Lewis on there, George saying it doesn't mean anything, he's said a lot of stupid things in the past.

Lol at Lewis beating all HW H2H.

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Straight off his own website, I don't see Lewis on there.

Lol at Lewis beating all HW H2H.

yeah this list is pretty old tho,Probably back when holy had just beaten tyson twice - hence the "standing up to tyson reference".

lewis has the size,strength and skills to dominate any hw whoever lived.

Megamasterking
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM

You see, when you say something it's an opinion but when i say something it's not an opinion, you call it absolute nonsense. Lewis is not on my top 10, it's my opinion based on 30 years of boxing, i'm not saying that Lewis was not good, he's not the GOAT and doesn't make MY top ten and that's my opinion.

NChristo
07-23-2010, 08:33 AM
yeah this list is pretty old tho,Probably back when holy had just beaten tyson twice - hence the "standing up to tyson reference".

lewis has the size,strength and skills to dominate any hw whoever lived.

It's not that old, how did Lewis suddenly jump to number 1 in his mind when he stated that Joe Louis is in a class of his own and Ali and the rest are way off ?. He's said dumb things in the past and is well known for it, you're taking his words too seriously.

Joeyzagz
07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
There are two extremist groups on this site:

*The K-sister fans who only recognize 230+ guys as being good Heavyweights

*The old-school fans who stopped paying attention after 2000.

The funny thing is that Lennox is the only guy who is considered a decent fighter in both circles.

Lennox fought the big guys

Lennox fought the HOF name opponents

And for the boxrec nerds, he also has a win over everyone he ever faced.

No matter what your criteria for greatness is, you have to recognize the the force that is Lennox Lewis.

joe strong
07-23-2010, 08:45 AM

i agree he is the greatest...i have an interview where foreman says he ducked him in his comeback & would have ducked him in his prime....lennox got hit twice....his only weakness was complacency &arrogance....

TheMagicMan
07-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Holyfield was past prime
Tyson was past prime/post prison
Bowe did duck him

Compare that era to the guys Ali fought:
Liston
Frazier
Norton
Foreman
Shavers
Patterson

Lets just look at the guys Ali fought

Liston-first match was at a MD when Liston hurt his shoulder. I see you give Byrd credit for beating Vitali though so that just shows you a boxrec warrior.
Liston-second match was a fix. Either it was a fix, or Liston had the weakest chin of alltime, and Jersey Joe is the worst ref of all time.

Frazier-beat Ali, then he was done. After the first Ali he was like the Tyson that Lewis beat, fat and happy, believed his own hype, never was the same, won only 5 of his last 10 fights.

Norton-beat Ali 3x, good job Ali

Foreman- Uhh, I just rewatched this fight, did you know there were judges who had Foreman winning 0 rounds? 0? Also why is Foreman standing 8 seconds into the count, but he was counted out? He is standing and completely ready to fight. Foreman knew he had to KO Ali to win, the judges and refs never would have let him.

Shavers-seriously? He wasnt good. He was the Tua of that time.

Patterson-way to beat up LHW Ali.

TheMagicMan
07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh and I like Lewis, but Vitali currently is the greatest HW of all time and Wlad will one day dethrone him with his various accomplishments. Vitali ended Lewis's career in the ring years ago.

TheMagicMan
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
A top 15 hw? No doubt, but hardly the goat as the TS claims he is

He has the only legitimate win over the GOAT HW Vitali Klitschko...I think that puts him much higher than top 15. Lewis won the match, Vitali won by ending Lewis's career.

Megamasterking
07-23-2010, 08:55 AM

The funny thing is that Lennox is the only guy who is considered a decent fighter in both circles.

No matter what your criteria for greatness is, you have to recognize the the force that is Lennox Lewis.

So by logic, if your not in one of those two extremist groups, you are the expert of the site, the chosen one :hail: ! Give your opinion but don't put me in any of your "extremist groups" :spank:

joe strong
07-23-2010, 08:55 AM

amen brother...you are a true boxing fan & understand the different eras not like todays fanboy,flavor of the month fans who have tunnelvision...

Ziggy Stardust
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Bait thread.

Poet

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Holyfield was past prime
Tyson was past prime/post prison
Bowe did duck him

Compare that era to the guys Ali fought:
Liston
Frazier
Norton
Foreman
Shavers
Patterson

We are going to have to agree to disagree

Lol

Tucker, Green, Tillis,Holmes, Ruddock I, Ruddock II and Bruno I proves you wrong on that point

That decison was highly debatable which is why the crowd was booing so loudly. Mercer deserved another shot, but Lewis wasnt interested

Vitali had to take the wbc to court to force them to uphold their own rules. Which was that the wbc champion has to defend his belt once a year against his wbc mandatory which was Vitali. After the fight the WBC told Lewis that he had to face Vitali again, after dragging his feet for 9 months he chose to retire instead

Not true
After he beat Tua, he wanted to fight the big names in his divison like Lewis and Holyfield, both of them were not interested. It would be around 2 years after he beat Tua that he went to prison as well, plenty of time to make a fight

How was Byrd a paper champion? He was 1-1 against the Klitschko brothers and deserved a shot, he was Lewis's mandatory, whether he was popular or not has nothing to do with it.

holy was still a top hw after beatin tysons and moorers ass.not like lewis avoided him the way tyson did either.

byrd got lucky against vitali and everyone who saw it knows it.he was dominated and lady luck came his way that night.

lewis beat mercer,doesn't matter if the crowd cheered or the underdog he still lost.no point in rematching a guy just because he was competitive.

lewis was old and shot when he knocked out a prime vitali.a rematch would have been nice but he was already on his way out at that time so I understand.

joe strong
07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh and I like Lewis, but Vitali currently is the greatest HW of all time and Wlad will one day dethrone him with his various accomplishments. Vitali ended Lewis's career in the ring years ago.who won & who looked like zombie after 6 rounds? fights are 12 rounds not 6 & vitali looked to be the guy who wouldnt be seeing the punches coming not lennox....lennox 1-0 vs vitali....vitali only fought 3 guys in his career who could even punch....lennox,peter,sanders & the 2 best guys vitali fought he was 0-2....20 years from now noone sees anything but 0-2 vs byrd & lewis

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
who won & who looked like zombie after 6 rounds? fights are 12 rounds not 6 & vitali looked to be the guy who wouldnt be seeing the punches coming not lennox....lennox 1-0 vs vitali....vitali only fought 3 guys in his career who could even punch....lennox,peter,sanders & the 2 best guys vitali fought he was 0-2....20 years from now noone sees anything but 0-2 vs byrd & lewis

I know these klitschko fans are delusional aren't they? vitalis greatest performance came in a knockout losing effort to an old fat lewis lol.

lol at the guy who says vitali is better than lewis.

Joeyzagz
07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Lets just look at the guys Ali fought

I see you give Byrd credit for beating Vitali though so that just shows you a boxrec warrior.

Byrd defeated Vitali TKO9

Byrd defeated him mentally, physically, and psychologically before dominating him in the 9th and final round. This "injury" Vitali received during the fight was a direct result of hitting nothing but air as he went to attack Byrd.

Not only was the shoulder in pain but Vit's pride was hurt as well because he couldnt put away a 210 lb midget when the arm was healthy.

Vitali lost to the two best fighters on his resume': a midget Byrd and fat Lennox Lewis. The rest are garbage opposition.

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/63/vitali-klitschko35.jpg

TheMagicMan
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
who won & who looked like zombie after 6 rounds? fights are 12 rounds not 6 & vitali looked to be the guy who wouldnt be seeing the punches coming not lennox....lennox 1-0 vs vitali....vitali only fought 3 guys in his career who could even punch....lennox,peter,sanders & the 2 best guys vitali fought he was 0-2....20 years from now noone sees anything but 0-2 vs byrd & lewis

You really think Byrd beat Vitali? He got hurt, dear christ, he just had to stand there to win. He wasnt touched, wasnt hurt, he just had to stand there.

Dude Vitali took Lennox's wife after the fight to try to get Lennox int he ring and he refused. Lennox tried for months after the Vitali fight to find a way to keep boxing but couldnt, all he saw was Vitali's face. He is about to be bankrupt. Vitali took his life. Lewis will die penniless and in the gutter, and Vitali will ride by laughing. Lewis missed out on his biggest paydays because Vitali haunts him.

NChristo
07-23-2010, 11:02 AM
You really think Byrd beat Vitali? He got hurt, dear christ, he just had to stand there to win. He wasnt touched, wasnt hurt, he just had to stand there.

Dude Vitali took Lennox's wife after the fight to try to get Lennox int he ring and he refused. Lennox tried for months after the Vitali fight to find a way to keep boxing but couldnt, all he saw was Vitali's face. He is about to be bankrupt. Vitali took his life. Lewis will die penniless and in the gutter, and Vitali will ride by laughing. Lewis missed out on his biggest paydays because Vitali haunts him.

Tyson and Evander ?, he did fight them.
Lewis has always been smart with his money, he's not dying penniless :sleeping:.

TheMagicMan
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Tyson and Evander ?, he did fight them.
Lewis has always been smart with his money, he's not fying penniless :sleeping:.

He will be shortly. He had the chance to have big fights against Vitali and Wlad, really capitalize on the Euro market, also he was just starting to become really a household name in the US after the Tyson fight. Tyson brought in the numbers for the fight not Lewis. It wasnt until he beat Tyson he became the biggest draw. He will be broke and penniless soon, he was relying on that HBO gig, but now he has nothing.

The_Demon
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Hes top 10 but no way is he the greatest

sonnyboyx2
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM

i can name 20 heavyweights all who was better at every aspect of the sport of boxing than Lennox Lewis..

your claim Lewis beats Ali is laughable... Lewis got poleaxed by two journeymen with those 2 journeymen being the only two fighters Lewis ever fought in his career who was "At The Top of their Game" ... all Lewis other opponents was on the slide or years past their best..

Evander Holyfield made a statement just like Foreman made a statement which you have quoted, Holyfield said, "Riddick Bowe was the best Big Man i ever fought, he was far superior than Lewis".

turdleburgle
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM
i can name 20 heavyweights all who was better at every aspect of the sport of boxing than Lennox Lewis..

your claim Lewis beats Ali is laughable... Lewis got poleaxed by two journeymen with those 2 journeymen being the only two fighters Lewis ever fought in his career who was "At The Top of their Game" ... all Lewis other opponents was on the slide or years past their best..

Evander Holyfield made a statement just like Foreman made a statement which you have quoted, Holyfield said, "Riddick Bowe was the best Big Man i ever fought, he was far superior than Lewis".

lol go and name then then I could do with a good laugh.

ali was good but lewis was a bigger version,had a better jab and much greater punching power than ali.ali was a little quicker but all the others stack in lewis's favour.

rahman and mccall were not journeyman and they were both lucky shots.lewis avenged both with knockout victories

holy beat bowe and got dominated by lewis twice,so he's going to praise bowe more.bowe ducked lewis remember.

GameGod
07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
In terms of victory (i.e. "Who could beat who") Lewis genuinely is probably better than any other Heavyweight, but in terms of any kind of greatness he may well fail to make the Top 5. He should be in the Top 10, but I would not blame someone for putting him as low as #13.

r.burgundy
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM

why dont you watch hopkins vs trinidad then get back to us about big george

Joeyzagz
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Klitschko sisters need to stop lying to themselves and face reality: An old Lennox defeated a Prime 31 y/o Vitali.

To rematch an even older Lennox would prove nothing just like me beating 70 y/o Joe frazier would prove nothing. Vitali failed miserably when it counted, and thats all that matters.

Aggressive Precision:Down by 2 rounds, Lennox opens up the 3rd with a rally, and Vitali is forced to hold. Lennox makes him pay by exploding the eyelid like a filthy ketchup packet.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6199/thecuts.gif

Warm Ukrainian Blood squirts all over the ring...
http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/610/051/91/9IXMUWJv1WbYAqs.jpg

Joeyzagz
In rounds 3-5, Vitali is going for mindless volume while Lennox lands the more strategic hits to the oozing left-eye. Lennox peppers him with a variety of shots causing Vitali to wince and bleed...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1008/box_lewis_klitschko_600.jpg

Ahhh! wtf
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jul-03-Thu-2003/photos/vitali.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2009/6/2/image-3-for-best-sports-pictures-of-the-decade-gallery-957522014.jpg

Joeyzagz
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39192000/jpg/_39192620_ap_klitschko_300.jpg

After losing several gallons of blood, Klitschko becomes exhausted by round 6 and resorts to holding again. Big mistake!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/15g4742.gif

*****ko holds on for dear life after being stunned by a sniper right hand.

http://www.lennox-goerge.de/lewis/lewis_klitschko_03_500.jpg

Joeyzagz
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
The fat, aging, Lennox put on the performance of a lifetime against the dominant champ of the next era.

http://i47.tinypic.com/295e6xj.gif

The doctor saved Vitali's life and legacy by stopping the fight when he did. Look at the photo to the left. You will notice that the cut was beginning to form a circle around the eye and Vitali wouldve lost a significant part of his face if it continued.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/dantzu/Vitalibeatup.jpg

The next photo shows the depth of the cut. While it is easy for a cut like that to heal, its also easy for it to get dangerously worse during a fight. The doctor allowed Vitali to go 3 more rounds after seeing this, which is insane.

If you look real close you can see part of his brain...
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4362/cuteye.gif

Steelhammer2011
07-23-2010, 08:52 PM

Did you hear George Foreman commentating during Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis?

George Foreman: "Lewis got lucky, there has to be a rematch", "Vitali was clearly winning the fight", etc.

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis was badly hurt and was staggering around the ring like a drunk, he barely survived the 2nd round. Lewis was getting outboxed, outworked, outlanded and was hurt several times in the fight.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

Vitali intimidated the **** out of the scared Lewis after the fight and made him look like a *****. All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and boo'd Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Lennox Lewis got DOMINATED AND RETIRED by Vitali Klitschko.

Vitali Klitschko >>>>> Lennox Lewis

Ziggy Stardust
07-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Did you hear George Foreman commentating during Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis?

George Foreman: "Lewis got lucky, there has to be a rematch", "Vitali was clearly winning the fight", etc.

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis was badly hurt and was staggering around the ring like a drunk, he barely survived the 2nd round. Lewis was getting outboxed, outworked, outlanded and was hurt several times in the fight.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

Vitali intimidated the **** out of the scared Lewis after the fight and made him look like a *****. All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and boo'd Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Lennox Lewis got DOMINATED AND RETIRED by Vitali Klitschko.

Vitali Klitschko >>>>> Lennox Lewis

:bullsh1t9: :bullsh1t9: :bullsh1t9: :bullsh1t9:

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 02:11 AM
lol go and name then then I could do with a good laugh.

ali was good but lewis was a bigger version,had a better jab and much greater punching power than ali.ali was a little quicker but all the others stack in lewis's favour.

rahman and mccall were not journeyman and they were both lucky shots.lewis avenged both with knockout victories

holy beat bowe and got dominated by lewis twice,so he's going to praise bowe more.bowe ducked lewis remember.

roflmao.....:rofl: these statements are hilarious, the funniest is "But Lewis is Bigger" ha ha

here is the lucky punches ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQy-ScwyvE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZu5v2JPuE

Rahman & McCall never KOd any other opponent like they did Lewis... Lewis went down like a sack of spuds, poleaxed both times yet your claiming he is the best ever even better than Muhammad Ali.. ha

Who did Lewis ever fight who was "At the Top of their Game"?

Lewis will be remembered as the only ever undisputed champion who was `STRIPPED` of ever belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders..

a Quote from Oliver McCall," i knew i would KO him, he is a big ***** with two left-feet"...

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Klitschko sisters need to stop lying to themselves and face reality: An old Lennox defeated a Prime 31 y/o Vitali.

To rematch an even older Lennox would prove nothing just like me beating 70 y/o Joe frazier would prove nothing. Vitali failed miserably when it counted, and thats all that matters.

Aggressive Precision:Down by 2 rounds, Lennox opens up the 3rd with a rally, and Vitali is forced to hold. Lennox makes him pay by exploding the eyelid like a filthy ketchup packet.

Warm Ukrainian Blood squirts all over the ring...
http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/610/051/91/9IXMUWJv1WbYAqs.jpg

you are deluded, you also know that what you are trying to imply is a figment of your own vivid imagination, your claim, "Vitali failed miserably when it counted, and thats all that matters... say`s everything there is to say about your vivid imagination.. Vitali beat Lewis up, he was ahead on ALL judges scorecards yet you claim he `failed miserably`... you obviously have never watched that fight otherwise you could not possibly be coming out with statements like "Vitali failed miserably"

turdleburgle
07-24-2010, 07:53 AM
roflmao.....:rofl: these statements are hilarious, the funniest is "But Lewis is Bigger" ha ha

here is the lucky punches ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQy-ScwyvE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZu5v2JPuE

Rahman & McCall never KOd any other opponent like they did Lewis... Lewis went down like a sack of spuds, poleaxed both times yet your claiming he is the best ever even better than Muhammad Ali.. ha

Who did Lewis ever fight who was "At the Top of their Game"?

Lewis will be remembered as the only ever undisputed champion who was `STRIPPED` of ever belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders..

a Quote from Oliver McCall," i knew i would KO him, he is a big ***** with two left-feet"...

lol rahman and mccall have plenty of ko's but you seem to forget that lewis knocked them both out in the rematches proving that they were lucky ko's.

lewis fought all the top heavyweights that there were to fight.a prime bowe ducked lewis too.

lewis will be remembered for beating every opponent that he ever fought and who cares what mccall thinks? last time I checked lewis made him cry like a baby hahaha

Cassius Liston
07-24-2010, 08:03 AM
lol rahman and mccall have plenty of ko's but you seem to forget that lewis knocked them both out in the rematches proving that they were lucky ko's.

maybe lewis was the one that got lucky...seriously on the topic of this thread...Vitali put on a show that makes me a fan...he had Lewis hurt and die hard Lewis fans can't admitt he would have finished Lewis....You(Lewis fans)act as if Vitali gave up...he showed heart and by his reaction ..he knew it was only a matter of time untill you heard a big bang And a drum beat provided by dreadlocks hitting the canvas

turdleburgle
07-24-2010, 08:21 AM
maybe lewis was the one that got lucky...seriously on the topic of this thread...Vitali put on a show that makes me a fan...he had Lewis hurt and die hard Lewis fans can't admitt he would have finished Lewis....You(Lewis fans)act as if Vitali gave up...he showed heart and by his reaction ..he knew it was only a matter of time untill you heard a big bang And a drum beat provided by dreadlocks hitting the canvas

He domnated both rahman and mccall in the rematches and made it look so easy.neither were competitive in the rematches.

klitschko fans make out as if he dominated lewis when the fight was even and lewis was turning it around.klitschko fans haven't shut up since.

the worst lewis knocked out a peak vitali.

Toney616
07-24-2010, 08:25 AM
He domnated both rahman and mccall in the rematches and made it look so easy.neither were competitive in the rematches.

klitschko fans make out as if he dominated lewis when the fight was even and lewis was turning it around.klitschko fans haven't shut up since.

This is clearly a ALT, who did you used to be?

Cassius Liston
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM

lol ...don't act like i don't like Lewis..he is a great fighter i was just playing with you...but Vitali had this one...look at their faces at the end of round 6...Vitali had it in the bag...and still dominated with that eye....the eye handicap is worse than the age one imo....so lets not bring prime into it

turdleburgle
07-24-2010, 08:44 AM
This is clearly a ALT, who did you used to be?

lol this isn't even relevent to the topic.It would be like me asking you why you've suddenly become such a tyson fanboy and a lewis hater since you got banned under a previous account.

Toney616
07-24-2010, 09:02 AM
lol this isn't even relevent to the topic.It would be like me asking you why you've suddenly become such a tyson fanboy and a lewis hater since you got banned under a previous account.
This is just a bait thread, don't you think we have enough of those around here as it is?

Off Topic: Welcome back Zod

-Lowkey-
07-24-2010, 09:06 AM

no offence but your top 10 must be pretty **** lennox is top 5 imo

Cassius Liston
07-24-2010, 10:09 AM
no offence but your top 10 must be pretty **** lennox is top 5 imo

your top 5 sounds pretty ****

BigStereotype
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Hahahahaha, get the **** outta here, man. Lennox was legitimately great, no doubt about it, but you're just riding his dick here. Not even top 10. Have you ever actually watched a fight outside of his?

sonnyboyx2
07-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Rahman & McCall was both bums... your talking as tho he beat two great fighters in these rematches... Oleg Maskaev poleaxed Rahman TWICE and in far more spectacular fashion than Lewis did.. Buster Douglas knocked McCall from pillar-to-post, McCall was beaten by cruiserweights Mike Hunter & Orlin Norris as well as being soundly beaten by Tony Tucker... Lewis got McCall out of a drug-rehab to avenge his defeat otherwise he would never have went anywhere near McCall..Lewis stripped of the WBA title for refusing to fight No1 contender John Ruiz... Lewis stripped of the IBF title for refusing to fight No1 contender Chris Byrd... Lewis stripped of the WBC title for refusing to fight No1 contender Vitali Klitschko... "Lewis the rabbit" who ran from all the top dogs.

GoogleMe
07-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Lewis could be put into top 5, with alot of love. But top 3, nah. But again, he SHOULD be in ANY top 10, that's a fact.

Ziggy Stardust
07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Lewis could be put into top 5, with alot of love. But top 3, nah. But again, he SHOULD be in ANY top 10, that's a fact.

I personally have Lewis at #13: A near-great but not an ATG. Who on Earth should I to have him crack the top 10 or 12?

01. Muhammad Ali
02. Joe Louis
03. Jack Johnson
04. Jack Dempsey
05. Larry Holmes
06. Sonny Liston
07. Evander Holyfield
08. George Foreman
09. Rocky Marciano
10. Mike Tyson
11. Joe Frazier
12. Harry Wills

T.McGrady
07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
IMO lewis is way underrated, but he's not the greatest HW off all-time. Hey wait...i though foreman said ali was the greatest.

Joeyzagz
07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
you are deluded, you also know that what you are trying to imply is a figment of your own vivid imagination, your claim, "Vitali failed miserably when it counted

Miserably because Vitali had every conceivable advantage in the fight and still failed.

Lennox was out of shape, 10 pounds overweight, coming off a year of inactivity. On top of that he is almost 38 years old, and certainly not prime.

Vitali, is bigger, stronger, more active, and he is in his absolute prime at 31 years old. He has the hunger of a starving challenger while Lennox was complacent and content with beating Mike Tyson.

Larry Merchant even said that "the conditions for an upset were ripe coming in" (but could Vitali take advantage of it?) The answer is NO. Six year youth advantage and still failure.:nonono:

Vitali beat Lewis up, he was ahead on ALL judges scorecards

Scorecards are good for basketball games and football games but are as worthless as toilet paper in a fight like this. Maybe he couldve used those score cards to plug the gaping hole in his face?

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4362/cuteye.gif

Vitali was going for mindless volume, while Lennox landed the focused and more strategic shots. Quality over Quantity, thats how he won. Vitali did well in the 2nd but the rest was an excellent chess match by Lewis.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6656/vitality.gif

turdleburgle
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Rahman & McCall was both bums... your talking as tho he beat two great fighters in these rematches... Oleg Maskaev poleaxed Rahman TWICE and in far more spectacular fashion than Lewis did.. Buster Douglas knocked McCall from pillar-to-post, McCall was beaten by cruiserweights Mike Hunter & Orlin Norris as well as being soundly beaten by Tony Tucker... Lewis got McCall out of a drug-rehab to avenge his defeat otherwise he would never have went anywhere near McCall..Lewis stripped of the WBA title for refusing to fight No1 contender John Ruiz... Lewis stripped of the IBF title for refusing to fight No1 contender Chris Byrd... Lewis stripped of the WBC title for refusing to fight No1 contender Vitali Klitschko... "Lewis the rabbit" who ran from all the top dogs.

maskaev got lucky in the 1st rahman fight and rahman was completely shot in the rematch,he was in his prime when lewis brutally knocked him out cold.

I never said they were great but they were good fighters and lewis proved they got lucky when he dominated both in the rematch.lol at you saying lewis got him out of rehab,you must be on something to say that mate hahaha

why would lewis fought ruiz when he fought the guy who destroyed ruiz in the first twenty seconds? makes no sense,so lewis didn't duck him at all.

Joeyzagz
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Rahman & McCall was both bums... your talking as tho he beat two great fighters in these rematches... Oleg Maskaev poleaxed Rahman TWICE and in far more spectacular fashion than Lewis did..

Lewis KOd Rahman quicker than anyone else did in history including Wladimir who fought Rahman 7 years after.

The punches sounded like a double barreled shotgun and were fired just as quick...how is that not spectacular?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx1XmPgbMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx1XmPgbMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-Lowkey-
07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I personally have Lewis at #13: A near-great but not an ATG. Who on Earth should I to have him crack the top 10 or 12?

01. Muhammad Ali
02. Joe Louis
03. Jack Johnson
04. Jack Dempsey
05. Larry Holmes
06. Sonny Liston
07. Evander Holyfield
08. George Foreman
09. Rocky Marciano
10. Mike Tyson
11. Joe Frazier
12. Harry Wills

Lewis was better than and would have dispatched of all the bolded

Tyson.
07-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I have Lewis at number 6.

Hes behind Ali, Louis, Johnson, Holmes and Foreman.

Ziggy Stardust
07-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Lewis was better than and would have dispatched of all the bolded

While you MIGHT be able to make a case for Lewis being better than Marciano or Wills, the others? No way.

Poet

sonnyboyx2
07-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Lewis KOd Rahman quicker than anyone else did in history including Wladimir who fought Rahman 7 years after.

The punches sounded like a double barreled shotgun and were fired just as quick...how is that not spectacular?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx1XmPgbMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx1XmPgbMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

James Toney

sonnyboyx2
07-25-2010, 07:33 AM
maskaev got lucky in the 1st rahman fight and rahman was completely shot in the rematch,he was in his prime when lewis brutally knocked him out cold.

I never said they were great but they were good fighters and lewis proved they got lucky when he dominated both in the rematch.lol at you saying lewis got him out of rehab,you must be on something to say that mate hahaha

why would lewis fought ruiz when he fought the guy who destroyed ruiz in the first twenty seconds? makes no sense,so lewis didn't duck him at all.

Maskaev got lucky.... they got lucky.. ha

sonnyboyx2
07-25-2010, 07:34 AM

Maskaev knocked Rahman out of the ring with a punch

sonnyboyx2
07-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Muhammad Ali
Joe Louis
Jack Dempsey
Jack Johnson
Jim Jeffries
Sonny Liston
Larry Holmes
Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Joe Frazier
Rocky Marciano
Ezzard Charles
Riddick Bowe
Floyd Patterson
Gene Tunney
Wlad Klitschko
Michael Spinks
Jersey Joe Walcott
Vitali Klitschko
Lennox Lewis

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 04:17 AM
While you MIGHT be able to make a case for Lewis being better than Marciano or Wills, the others? No way.

Poet

On the contrary extremely strong cases can be made that Lewis would have not only have beaten those guys prime for prime but he is also greater than those guys .

He defeated every fighter that he faced, no other heavyweights other than Gene Tunney and Rocky Marciano can make that claim. He is one of only 5 men to regain the lineal heavyweight title. Only Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes won more "title" bouts than Lennox Lewis, dating from his days as WBC champion. In terms of quality of opposition Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson (way past prime) and Vitaly Klitschko are better than Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers and Gerry Cooney who are the best fighters that Larry Holmes beat. Lewis next tier of competition Razor Ruddock, Ray Mercer, Tony Tucker, Oliver McCall, David Tua and Tommy Morrison are better than most heavyweight champion's competition outside that of Muhammad Ali.

How mike Tyson can be on anyone’s top 10 is beyond me other than the light-hitting, terrified Spinks and the out-of-shape, intimidated, comebacking, former great Larry Holmes, who did Tyson actually fight in his prime who was truly any good in absolute terms?

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 06:20 AM
On the contrary extremely strong cases can be made that Lewis would have not only have beaten those guys prime for prime but he is also greater than those guys .

He defeated every fighter that he faced, no other heavyweights other than Gene Tunney and Rocky Marciano can make that claim. He is one of only 5 men to regain the lineal heavyweight title. Only Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes won more "title" bouts than Lennox Lewis, dating from his days as WBC champion. In terms of quality of opposition Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson (way past prime) and Vitaly Klitschko are better than Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers and Gerry Cooney who are the best fighters that Larry Holmes beat. Lewis next tier of competition Razor Ruddock, Ray Mercer, Tony Tucker, Oliver McCall, David Tua and Tommy Morrison are better than most heavyweight champion's competition outside that of Muhammad Ali.

How mike Tyson can be on anyone’s top 10 is beyond me other than the light-hitting, terrified Spinks and the out-of-shape, intimidated, comebacking, former great Larry Holmes, who did Tyson actually fight in his prime who was truly any good in absolute terms?

General Zod back with his same old agenda....

Biffen
07-26-2010, 07:07 AM

INgmar Johansson also beat everyone he faced.
Nad I never understand why folks here think that beating McCall the secound time was so importent. The guy had a mental breakdown in the ring and the fight was stopped, its like getting knock out by a guy the take revench when he´s in a whellchair or something.

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 07:07 AM

Ruddock - Damaged goods after 2 brutal beating by Tyson
Tua - Fattest man to ever fight for the title
Tucker - Junkie & shell of former champion
McCall - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis in under 2rds
Morrison - on the downslide & HIV positive `
Mercer - robbed of desicion & had been beaten by Old Holmes
Vitali - unfortunate loser who Lewis refused rematch.
Bruno - Gave Lewis a boxing lesson
Fortune - who?
Butler - who?
Jackson - who?
Akinwande - who?
Mavrovic - who?
Rahman - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis
Briggs - Tomato can
Grant - ex basketballer undeserving of title fight, class C
Botha - Steroid freak undeserving of title shot

Lewis avoided Bowe 93 & 95, Holyfield 93, Tyson 96, Sanders 97-99, Ruiz 98-00, Byrd, 99-01, Witherspoon, 94-96, Holmes 92-94, Foreman, 94-96, Hide 94-95, Moorer 94-96, Jones Jr 01-03... Lewis turned down career highest purse offers to face all the above fighters.

Lennox Lewis never in his career faced a class B+ fighter who was "At The Top of their Game" .. Lewis only ever fought class D fighters and old has-beens who was years past their best... Lewis was a Fraud.

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 07:14 AM
General Zod back with his same old agenda....

General Zod? what are you talking about kid everything in my post is true

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 07:15 AM
General Zod? what are you talking about kid everything in my post is true

and everything in my post is true

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Fortune - who?
Butler - who?
Jackson - who?
Akinwande - who?
Mavrovic - who?
Briggs - Tomato can

Lewis avoided Bowe 93 & 95, Holyfield 93, Tyson 96, Sanders 97-99, Ruiz 98-00, Byrd, 99-01, Witherspoon, 94-96, Holmes 92-94, Foreman, 94-96, Hide 94-95, Moorer 94-96, Jones Jr 01-03... Lewis turned down career highest purse offers to face all the above fighters.

Lennox Lewis never in his career faced a class B+ fighter who was "At The Top of their Game" .. Lewis only ever fought class D fighters and old has-beens who was years past their best... Lewis was a Fraud.

all bull**** tyson never wanted a fight with lewis in his prime. Tyson had the chance to fight lewis but chose the seemingly easier option in Evander Holyfield as for Riddick bowe its common knowledge that he ducked Lennox thats not even up for debate and whos to blaim the guy after the beating he received at the hands of lewis during the Olympics

and Ruiz 98-00, Byrd, 99-01, Witherspoon, 94-96, Holmes 92-94, Foreman, 94-96, Hide 94-95, Moorer 94-96, Jones Jr 01-03 thats pretty comical actually

so he avoids the mighty john ruiz 98-00 but fights david Tua in 2000 the guy that K.oed ruiz with the first punch he threw

On conclusion you really don***8217;t know what your talking about and have decided to spew out a few home made truths in order to voice your dislike for one of the greatest heavyweights of all time

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Fortune - who?
Butler - who?
Jackson - who?
Akinwande - who?
Mavrovic - who?
Briggs - Tomato can

Good post...i love reading your posts ...you have a vast boxing knowledge and pwn idiots all day erry day keep up the good work

Ziggy Stardust
07-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Prehaps it's because when we're talking about "Greatest Heavyweight" we're discussing more than just resume and accomplishments? Overall ability actually plays a huge role in these debates.

Poet

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Prehaps it's because when we're talking about "Greatest Heavyweight" we're discussing more than just resume and accomplishments? Overall ability actually plays a huge role in these debates.

Poet

People who rely on a resumes other than visual experience...i guess they'll just never understand..don't get me wrong resumes are a big part...but not the be all and end all.

Ziggy Stardust
07-26-2010, 09:04 AM
People who rely on a resumes other than visual experience...i guess they'll just never understand..don't get me wrong resumes are a big part...but not the be all and end all.

Exactly! Resumes are just one factor, an important factor but still just one factor involved.

Poet

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Good post...i love reading your posts ...you have a vast boxing knowledge and pwn idiots all day erry day keep up the good work

you are the idiot hence using words like pwn and no he didnt 'pwn' me because his post was 90% bull**** as my reply showed

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Poet

i agree and lennox was a very talented fighter

Ziggy Stardust
07-26-2010, 09:28 AM
i agree and lennox was a very talented fighter

Indeed, but not more talented than the ones I listed :)

Poet

turdleburgle
07-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Muhammad Ali
Joe Louis
Jack Dempsey
Jack Johnson
Jim Jeffries
Sonny Liston
Larry Holmes
Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Joe Frazier
Rocky Marciano
Ezzard Charles
Riddick Bowe
Floyd Patterson
Gene Tunney
Wlad Klitschko
Michael Spinks
Jersey Joe Walcott
Vitali Klitschko
Lennox Lewis

how can you excpect to be taken seriously and have vitali above lewis lol?

a washed up lewis knocked a prime vitali out in six so you obviously have an agenda here.

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Indeed, but not more talented than the ones I listed :)

Poet

well that is your opinion and I have made mine clear I will agree to disagree

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
you are the idiot hence using words like pwn and no he didnt 'pwn' me because his post was 90% bull**** as my reply showed

i use the word pwn as a joke...you'd say i'm an idiot because i use a certain word....you're very grown up...

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 09:53 AM

a washed up lewis knocked a prime vitali out in six so you obviously have an agenda here.

you just can't comprehend that Vitali is better ...you need to take a long look in the mirror:welcome:

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 10:02 AM
you just can't comprehend that Vitali is better ...you need to take a long look in the mirror:welcome:

he's better yet lost to a past prime version of lewis that hadnt fought for over a year? can you explane....

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
he's better yet lost to a past prime version of lewis that hadnt fought for over a year? can you explane....

you call me an idiot yet you can't spell explain.....see its retarded to be pedantic.........i can't argue with you if you actually thought he lost...yes the ref may have pulled Vitali out...but it was one of the most controversial heavyweight fights for a reason...why don't you go an watch the fight you imbecile

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM

i cannot ever recall Lewis knocking out Vitali in 6rds

CarlosG815
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I didn't miss General Zod at all.

:nonono:

turdleburgle
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM

you really are an idiot aint you?

how can vitali be better than lewis? other than the fact lewis had a much greater career he also stopped a peak vitali inside the distance when he was old and washed up.

washed up lewis>>>>>>>>>>>> prime vitali

imagine what a prime lewis would have done to him

thats how much better lewis is.

turdleburgle
07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
i cannot ever recall Lewis knocking out Vitali in 6rds

yeah it took place like seven years ago when lennox hadnt fought in a year was fat and near 40 when he knocked out a prime focused vitali klitschko.

your kidding yourself mate

Vadrigar.
07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I didn't miss General Zod at all.

:nonono:

Yeah I knew it was him :lol1:

CarlosG815
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
you really are an idiot aint you?

how can vitali be better than lewis? other than the fact lewis had a much greater career he also stopped a peak vitali inside the distance when he was old and washed up.

washed up lewis>>>>>>>>>>>> prime vitali

imagine what a prime lewis would have done to him

thats how much better lewis is.

Lennox Lewis is the most phony champ in the history of the heavyweight division. Everything about his career is despicable and he should not be mentioned in the same breath as "greatest heavyweight of all time."

turdleburgle
07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Lennox Lewis is the most phony champ in the history of the heavyweight division. Everything about his career is despicable and he should not be mentioned in the same breath as "greatest heavyweight of all time."

words of a tyson fan who still cant get over lewis destroying their hero after he had ducked lewis for so long.

http://www.boxing-memorabilia.com/images/Lennox-Lewis-Tyson.jpg

even those who dont think lewis was the greatest know that he is greater than tyson.

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 11:59 AM

How Good Was/Is Mike Tyson?

By Frank Scoblete
30 January 2000

Now that Mike Tyson's career is almost over, it might be of interest to take a cold hard look at just how good he was at his best to get some idea of where he stands in the rankings of the great heavyweight champions.

It is not a stretch to say that much of the fearsome Tyson persona of a decade or more ago was media hype and was little related to what he actually accomplished in the ring or against whom he accomplished it.

We can make a case that Tyson fought "never-wases" and "nothing-lefters" in his early career culminating with his knockout over an intimidated former light-heavyweight champion Michael Spinks, whose only real claim to fame was "winning" two controversial decisions against an aging and distracted Larry Holmes.

Other than the light-hitting, terrified Spinks and the out-of-shape, intimidated, comebacking, former great Larry Holmes, who did Tyson actually fight in his pre-prison days who was truly any good in absolute terms? If we measure competition based on who Ali faced, then who of all Tyson's pre-prison opponents was as good as Jerry Quarry, Oscar Bonavena, Ken Norton, Ron Lyle, Ernie Shavers, Joe Bugner, Mac Foster, Floyd Patterson, Zora Foley, Cleveland Williams, Jimmy Ellis, Bob Foster or Ernie Terrell, not to mention the awesome likes of all-time greats Sonny Liston, George Foreman or Smokin' Joe Frazier? Would you classify Bonecrusher Smith, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick or Frank Bruno with any those other fighters? Only if you never saw them fight!

The only real fight the pre-prison Tyson ever had was against the only decent heavyweight fighter he fought, a determined, well-conditioned Buster Douglas -- and Tyson was roundly beaten, battered and knocked out! That was Tyson in his prime, against a fighter who went on to "extinguish" himself by being knocked out in three rounds by Evander Holyfield.

If the pre-prison Tyson's boxing worth must be looked at with some skepticism, then the post-prison Tyson must be looked upon with scorn. Often in boxing, the true greatness of a fighter is not actually known when he is in his prime as he defeats opponent after opponent rather convincingly. It is only after he ages, slows down, and gets himself into wars are we aware of just how good the fighter is -- and was!

Certainly that was true of Ali. Before he made his comeback from an almost four-year forced layoff, there were all sorts of questions about his ability. Could he take a punch? Had he been beating up washed-up fighters? Did he have courage? Would he dog it if he were ever in a real fight? The layoff slowed Ali down, made him more vulnerable. What's more, great fighters appeared in that time, fighters better than any he had previously fought!

So a somewhat diminished Ali met each and every challenger -- starting with a comeback fight against highly ranked Jerry Quarry and then a second fight against vicious number-one contender Oscar Bonavena. His first career loss to Joe Frazier in his third comeback fight proved he could take a punch and that he had mountains of courage. That fight was the first of several "wars" Ali would fight in this second part of his career.

His next loss was to Ken Norton. Fighting 11 rounds with a broken jaw, Ali merely proved again that he was as courageous as any fighter who ever lived. His great victories against these very same fighters and his upset win over the god-like Foreman, showed what a great fighter he was -- and how much greater he had been before his layoff!

Not so with Tyson. His "layoff" was heralded with a return to the ring against a rank amateur, Peter McNeeley, whom Tyson "destroyed" with a wild flurry in round one. This same McNeeley was later knocked out by the bloated Butterbean in one round and has since lost just about every real fight he's had! And what of Buster Mathis, Jr., Bruce "I was knocked out by a gust of air" Seldon, Francois Botha, or Julian Francis? Are they credible opponents? Only if elephants can fly.

The only real fight the post-prison Tyson had of any significance was against Evander Holyfield, who was selected because he appeared to be a shot fighter, having lost two out of three to the disappointing Riddick Bowe. Had Tyson known that Holyfield was not a shot fighter, but actually the only great heavyweight of the 1990s, I'm sure he would have selected a different fighter to beat, perhaps a third go-round with the overrated Razor Ruddock who proved himself a worthy Tyson contender by being knocked out in one round by the otherwise cautious Lennox Lewis.

So here we have a very simple yardstick for measuring the greatness of Mike Tyson. He fought two hard fights, one pre-prison and one post-prison -- both of which he lost (subsequently, he ate his way to a third loss and fouled himself into a no-decision). The rest of his victories, pre-prison and post-prison, were over fighters who couldn't make the "C" list during Ali's tenure. So where does that put him on the list of all-time greats?

It doesn't. He doesn't belong. He's not even in the top 20!

If you think of the very few good heavyweight fighters who have plied their trade in the late 1980s and 1990s, it is a short list: Evander Holyfield, George Foreman (oh, yes, the Big George who fought Holyfield would have rocked Iron Mike just as he did Smokin' Joe), Riddick Bowe, and maybe Lennox Lewis and Michael Moorer. Tyson only fought one of them, and lost. The others he avoided.

I do not, as some writers do, lament the fact that Mike Tyson never lived up to his potential. In fact, I believe he did live up to it, fully, completely. His potential just wasn't all that great and that's what he became -- not all that great.

Ziggy Stardust
07-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Okay, this is starting to turn into another NSB style hate thread. Lets keep this adult and rational before all the trolls start crawling into it.

Poet

-Lowkey-
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
you call me an idiot yet you can't spell explain.....see its retarded to be pedantic.........i can't argue with you if you actually thought he lost...yes the ref may have pulled Vitali out...but it was one of the most controversial heavyweight fights for a reason...why don't you go an watch the fight you imbecile

Ok I made a typo thanks for pulling me up on it I guess you ‘pwned’ me then to right?

The fight was controversial? Let me tell you it would have been a whole lot more controversial had the fight been allowed to continue and vitali permanently lost his sight in that eye witch in my eyes was a distinct possibility.

Like I said lewis was old past prime and had not fought for over a year yet he still managed to make vitali look like a victim of a dog mauling.

Manny steward even said vitalis only claim to fame is giving a past prime lewis a tough fight I agree with manny

GJC
07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
How Good Was/Is Mike Tyson?

By Frank Scoblete
30 January 2000

Now that Mike Tyson's career is almost over, it might be of interest to take a cold hard look at just how good he was at his best to get some idea of where he stands in the rankings of the great heavyweight champions.

It is not a stretch to say that much of the fearsome Tyson persona of a decade or more ago was media hype and was little related to what he actually accomplished in the ring or against whom he accomplished it.

We can make a case that Tyson fought "never-wases" and "nothing-lefters" in his early career culminating with his knockout over an intimidated former light-heavyweight champion Michael Spinks, whose only real claim to fame was "winning" two controversial decisions against an aging and distracted Larry Holmes.

Other than the light-hitting, terrified Spinks and the out-of-shape, intimidated, comebacking, former great Larry Holmes, who did Tyson actually fight in his pre-prison days who was truly any good in absolute terms? If we measure competition based on who Ali faced, then who of all Tyson's pre-prison opponents was as good as Jerry Quarry, Oscar Bonavena, Ken Norton, Ron Lyle, Ernie Shavers, Joe Bugner, Mac Foster, Floyd Patterson, Zora Foley, Cleveland Williams, Jimmy Ellis, Bob Foster or Ernie Terrell, not to mention the awesome likes of all-time greats Sonny Liston, George Foreman or Smokin' Joe Frazier? Would you classify Bonecrusher Smith, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick or Frank Bruno with any those other fighters? Only if you never saw them fight!

The only real fight the pre-prison Tyson ever had was against the only decent heavyweight fighter he fought, a determined, well-conditioned Buster Douglas -- and Tyson was roundly beaten, battered and knocked out! That was Tyson in his prime, against a fighter who went on to "extinguish" himself by being knocked out in three rounds by Evander Holyfield.

If the pre-prison Tyson's boxing worth must be looked at with some skepticism, then the post-prison Tyson must be looked upon with scorn. Often in boxing, the true greatness of a fighter is not actually known when he is in his prime as he defeats opponent after opponent rather convincingly. It is only after he ages, slows down, and gets himself into wars are we aware of just how good the fighter is -- and was!

Certainly that was true of Ali. Before he made his comeback from an almost four-year forced layoff, there were all sorts of questions about his ability. Could he take a punch? Had he been beating up washed-up fighters? Did he have courage? Would he dog it if he were ever in a real fight? The layoff slowed Ali down, made him more vulnerable. What's more, great fighters appeared in that time, fighters better than any he had previously fought!

So a somewhat diminished Ali met each and every challenger -- starting with a comeback fight against highly ranked Jerry Quarry and then a second fight against vicious number-one contender Oscar Bonavena. His first career loss to Joe Frazier in his third comeback fight proved he could take a punch and that he had mountains of courage. That fight was the first of several "wars" Ali would fight in this second part of his career.

His next loss was to Ken Norton. Fighting 11 rounds with a broken jaw, Ali merely proved again that he was as courageous as any fighter who ever lived. His great victories against these very same fighters and his upset win over the god-like Foreman, showed what a great fighter he was -- and how much greater he had been before his layoff!

Not so with Tyson. His "layoff" was heralded with a return to the ring against a rank amateur, Peter McNeeley, whom Tyson "destroyed" with a wild flurry in round one. This same McNeeley was later knocked out by the bloated Butterbean in one round and has since lost just about every real fight he's had! And what of Buster Mathis, Jr., Bruce "I was knocked out by a gust of air" Seldon, Francois Botha, or Julian Francis? Are they credible opponents? Only if elephants can fly.

The only real fight the post-prison Tyson had of any significance was against Evander Holyfield, who was selected because he appeared to be a shot fighter, having lost two out of three to the disappointing Riddick Bowe. Had Tyson known that Holyfield was not a shot fighter, but actually the only great heavyweight of the 1990s, I'm sure he would have selected a different fighter to beat, perhaps a third go-round with the overrated Razor Ruddock who proved himself a worthy Tyson contender by being knocked out in one round by the otherwise cautious Lennox Lewis.

So here we have a very simple yardstick for measuring the greatness of Mike Tyson. He fought two hard fights, one pre-prison and one post-prison -- both of which he lost (subsequently, he ate his way to a third loss and fouled himself into a no-decision). The rest of his victories, pre-prison and post-prison, were over fighters who couldn't make the "C" list during Ali's tenure. So where does that put him on the list of all-time greats?

It doesn't. He doesn't belong. He's not even in the top 20!

If you think of the very few good heavyweight fighters who have plied their trade in the late 1980s and 1990s, it is a short list: Evander Holyfield, George Foreman (oh, yes, the Big George who fought Holyfield would have rocked Iron Mike just as he did Smokin' Joe), Riddick Bowe, and maybe Lennox Lewis and Michael Moorer. Tyson only fought one of them, and lost. The others he avoided.

I do not, as some writers do, lament the fact that Mike Tyson never lived up to his potential. In fact, I believe he did live up to it, fully, completely. His potential just wasn't all that great and that's what he became -- not all that great.
Interesting article but a little harsh on Tyson and that is from someone who never bought into Tyson being the greatest hype. TYson wasn't as great a HW as Ali? Join a very long queue! Tyson had a four or five year peak which if you compare him to other short armed fighters such as Frazier and Marciano is about what they had too. That type of fighter doesn't usually make old bones in the ring

Joeyzagz
07-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Muhammad Ali
Joe Louis
Jack Dempsey
Jack Johnson
Jim Jeffries
Sonny Liston
Larry Holmes
Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Joe Frazier
Rocky Marciano
Ezzard Charles
Riddick Bowe
Floyd Patterson
Gene Tunney
Wlad Klitschko
Michael Spinks
Jersey Joe Walcott
Vitali Klitschko
Lennox Lewis

^^I was about to complain until I realized you left Foreman out altogether. Its a farce list designed to bait...what else is new?

You use terms like "fat", "old" to disparage some of Lennox's competition but you never acknowledge that Lennox was the fattest, oldest and most out of shape of his career when he overcame Vitali(dominant champ of next era)...

When Ruddock, Tyson, or Bowe have tough fights they are considered damaged goods by you, but Lennox, can get "poleaxed" by Rahman in his mid 30's, roughed up by Mercer, and still expected to execute at top form.

Basically you hold Lennox to a higher standard than everybody else. He is immune to getting fat, complacent, old, shot, or succumbing to addiction. This only happens to human fighters. Lennox is a Demi-God and shouldve beaten 19 of your top 20 instead of only 4 of your top 20.(4 is still more than anyone else on YOUR list lol)....

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 01:28 PM
^^I was about to complain until I realized you left Foreman out altogether. Its a farce list designed to bait...what else is new?

You use terms like "fat", "old" to disparage some of Lennox's competition but you never acknowledge that Lennox was the fattest, oldest and most out of shape of his career when he overcame Vitali(dominant champ of next era)...

When Ruddock, Tyson, or Bowe have tough fights they are considered damaged goods by you, but Lennox, can get "poleaxed" by Rahman in his mid 30's, roughed up by Mercer, and still expected to execute at top form.

Basically you hold Lennox to a higher standard than everybody else. He is immune to getting fat, complacent, old, shot, or succumbing to addiction. This only happens to human fighters. Lennox is a Demi-God and shouldve beaten 19 of your top 20 instead of only 4 of your top 20.(4 is still more than anyone else on YOUR list lol)....

was an oversight that i did not include Foreman...

Lewis got poleaxed in his PRIME by McCall..
Lewis never overcame Vitali, he was fortunate to say the least to get the victory
i use the words `fat` and `old` because that is exactly what they was and for you to claim otherwise is simply not correct

them_apples
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM

stick around a little longer you might learn a thing or 2. Lewis' was good but def not the greatest. He beat sub par competition and Mike Tyson's left overs.

Joeyzagz
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
was an oversight that i did not include Foreman...

.. It just shows that you were more focused on squeezing joke names ahead of LL, than making an actual ATG list.
Lewis never overcame Vitali, he was fortunate to say the least to get the victory
i use the words `fat` and `old` because that is exactly what they was
Lennox was the oldest, fattest, most inactive in his career against Vitali. This is a FACT. If being fat and old is bad, you have to take it into account everywhere, not just when convenient.

Jack Dempsey never overcame Tunney
Louis never overcame Marciano
Marciano never overcame a prime fighter of the next era
Ali never overcame Holmes
Holmes never overcame Tyson
Tyson never overcame Holyfield, Lennox, or anyone important in the 90's

Do you realize that Lennox is one of the elite few to WIN against a PRIME legit guy of the next era?

Can you imagine, the euphoria if Ali did this to a young Larry Holmes?

The younger, Prime, fighter is exhausted and clinging to a guy 6 years his elder. History shows that the young ATG should beat the Old ATG, but LL reversed it.

Lennox was outsized, outyouthed and outworked, yet still found a way to win. This is true greatness.

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
.. It just shows that you were more focused on squeezing joke names ahead of LL, than making an actual ATG list.

Lennox was the oldest, fattest, most inactive in his career against Vitali. This is a FACT. If being fat and old is bad, you have to take it into account everywhere, not just when convenient.

Do you realize that Lennox is one of the elite few to WIN against a PRIME legit guy of the next era?

The younger, Prime, fighter is exhausted and clinging to a guy 6 years his elder. History shows that the young ATG should beat the Old ATG, but LL reversed it.

Lennox was outsized, outyouthed and outworked, yet still found a way to win. This is true greatness.

i can assure you that none of those are `Joke-Names` it is my opinion that they would all beat Lennox Lewis fairly easily, i have first hand knowledge of Lewis having seen him fight live`on several occasions and i just cannot see him beat any of the fighters i listed... Lewis never in his entire career fought any fighter who was better than any of the 20 fighters i listed, Lewis only ever fought fighters who was on the downside of their career like Morrison, Tua, Ruddock & Bruno and fighters who was more than a decade past their best like Tyson, Tucker & Holyfield the rest of his opponents was Class C journeymen yet 2 of those poleaxed Lewis.... i could not see Lewis beat any of the fighters i listed and that list includes Michael Spinks who was good enough to out-jab and beat a good Larry Holmes (Twice) Floyd Patterson who was in Muhammad Ali`s words "The best boxer he ever fought".. if Rahman & McCall can put Lewis to sleep then just think what would happen when "The Spinks Jinx" lands or Pattersons leaping-in Left Hook, they would surely poleaxe Lewis, also Lewis has "Two-Left Feet" so has no chance against a skilled fighter who moves which is why he refused to fight Chris Byrd, Herbie Hide, Riddick Bowe & Roy Jones...Lewis was a mediocre fighter who avoided every contender who was "At The Top of their Game"

sonnyboyx2
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM

you preaching that Lewis victory over Vitali is a sign of greatness yet he was undoubtedly very fortunate to get that victory and Vitali and his now title reign are regarded as the worst in Heavyweight History with HBO now refusing to telecast any Heavyweight fights live` due to the terrible state of the division, so for you to claim its `greatness` is laughable.... you need to focus on Lennox Lewis carrer from 92-2000 when the division was full of creditable fighters like Bowe, Tyson, Witherspoon, Holmes, Sanders, Ruiz, Hide, Moorer, Foreman, Holyfield, Wlad, Byrd, Ibeabuchi, Jones Jr. all of who was champions or top contenders and at the "Top of their Game" at some point during that period as was Lennox Lewis... how many of them did Lewis fight and defeat?.... Lewis was offered career highest purses to fight all those fighters yet he turned them all down, some of the offers was the largest in boxing history yet he still turned them down... Great fighters avoid no-one and Lennox Lewis was nothing more than an opportunist who avoided every top fighter who was at the top of his game and instead fought has-beens and fighters who was on the downslide.

Cassius Liston
07-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Ok I made a typo thanks for pulling me up on it I guess you ‘pwned’ me then to right?

The fight was controversial? Let me tell you it would have been a whole lot more controversial had the fight been allowed to continue and vitali permanently lost his sight in that eye witch in my eyes was a distinct possibility.

Like I said lewis was old past prime and had not fought for over a year yet he still managed to make vitali look like a victim of a dog mauling.

Manny steward even said vitalis only claim to fame is giving a past prime lewis a tough fight I agree with manny

you spelt "which" wrong... .....oh no he didn't.....:owned:

Biffen
07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Do you consider Lennox win over Vitali more impressive then Ali win over Foreman?

SirTomJones
07-27-2010, 07:27 PM
The sheer size of modern heavyweight make it hard to predict fights between modern era and and past boxers at the same weight.

A big problem is people look back in the past with rose tinted glasses and look at boxers in the past in more favourable light.

Joeyzagz
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
i can assure you that none of those are `Joke-Names` it is my opinion that they would all beat Lennox Lewis fairly easily, i have first hand knowledge of Lewis having seen him fight live`on several occasions and i just cannot see him beat any of the fighters i listed...
I actually saw him beat 4 of the fighters on your list, so did millions of other people around the world. If it is your opinion that the remaining members would beat him, thats fine, we will never know.

I have Lennox ranked #3 all-time, #1 head to head.

i could not see Lewis beat any of the fighters i listed and that list includes Michael Spinks who was good enough to out-jab and beat a good Larry Holmes (Twice)
If you are going to give a 29 y/o Spinks credit for beating a 37 year old Larry Holmes, then I dont see whats wrong with acknowledging Lennox's triumph over a still good Holyfield who is only 3 years older than Lennox.

Lewis landed 348 to Holyfields 130

Do you consider Lennox win over Vitali more impressive then Ali win over Foreman?

No way, but it is in the same neighborhood. If Ali's victory over Foreman at age 32, puts him #1 all time, then I believe Lennox's cunning victory at age 37 should at least get him top 10.

Look at what Vitali did afterwards, and how no one has been able to put him on queer street since old Lennox did it in 2003.

Ali/Foreman
Foreman/Moorer
Lennox/Klitschko

All of the above were losing on the scorecards against the younger opponent before willing their way to victory.

sonnyboyx2
07-28-2010, 04:18 AM
I actually saw him beat 4 of the fighters on your list, so did millions of other people around the world. If it is your opinion that the remaining members would beat him, thats fine, we will never know.

I have Lennox ranked #3 all-time, #1 head to head.

If you are going to give a 29 y/o Spinks credit for beating a 37 year old Larry Holmes, then I dont see whats wrong with acknowledging Lennox's triumph over a still good Holyfield who is only 3 years older than Lennox.

Lewis landed 348 to Holyfields 130

No way, but it is in the same neighborhood. If Ali's victory over Foreman at age 32, puts him #1 all time, then I believe Lennox's cunning victory at age 37 should at least get him top 10.

Look at what Vitali did afterwards, and how no one has been able to put him on queer street since old Lennox did it in 2003.

Ali/Foreman
Foreman/Moorer
Lennox/Klitschko

All of the above were losing on the scorecards against the younger opponent before willing their way to victory.

Lewis wins over the 4 on my list are all tainted wins..Bowe was "Robbed" in the Olympics
Tyson was 12yrs past his best and his defeats to Williams & McBride show the state he was in.
Vitali was "Robbed" with Lewis promising the entire boxing world he would face Vitali in a rematch but ran like a dog.
Holyfield who was years past his best fought a draw with Lewis then was "Robbed" in their return fight.

Michael Spinks twice beat Larry Holmes.. the same Holmes who 10yrs later lost a close decision to Oliver McCall and who humiliated Ray Mercer, the same McCall who was coming off a 2rd poleaxing of Lennox Lewis and the same Mercer who lost a very controversial decision to Lennox Lewis.... Spinks would certainly put Lewis to sleep if Journeymen like McCall & Rahman could do it in easy fashion and in 2rds & 5rds

Joeyzagz
07-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Lewis wins over the 4 on my list are all tainted wins..Bowe was "Robbed" in the Olympics
Tyson was 12yrs past his best and his defeats to Williams & McBride show the state he was in.
Vitali was "Robbed" with Lewis promising the entire boxing world he would face Vitali in a rematch but ran like a dog.
Holyfield who was years past his best fought a draw with Lewis then was "Robbed" in their return fight.

Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield and Vitali could NOT beat Lennox, they all FAILED to get the WIN Every slight/obstacle you can come up with Lennox has experienced as well, and overcame them.

Lennox has been legitimately robbed before
Lennox has been the fat/out-of-shape opponent before
Lennox fought as the old guy, outyouthed by 6 years against Tua/Briggs/Vitali/Rahman
Lennox has fought distracted before.
Lennox has come back from devastating losses before

If there is an issue, suck it up and persevere...WIN. Apparently Lennox is the only HW of his era capable of doing this.

Spinks would certainly put Lewis to sleep if Journeymen like McCall & Rahman could do it

Michael Spinks retired from boxing the second he lost a match. Great p4p fighter but a joke at Heavyweight. Id rank Tony Tucker ahead of him.

Crybaby Mccall quit after the 3rd, and Rahman was Ko'd the quickest of his career against Lennox.

sonnyboyx2
07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield and Vitali could NOT beat Lennox, they all FAILED to get the WIN Every slight/obstacle you can come up with Lennox has experienced as well, and overcame them.

Lennox has been legitimately robbed before
Lennox has been the fat/out-of-shape opponent before
Lennox fought as the old guy, outyouthed by 6 years against Tua/Briggs/Vitali/Rahman
Lennox has fought distracted before.
Lennox has come back from devastating losses before

If there is an issue, suck it up and persevere...WIN. Apparently Lennox is the only HW of his era capable of doing this.

Michael Spinks retired from boxing the second he lost a match. Great p4p fighter but a joke at Heavyweight. Id rank Tony Tucker ahead of him.

Crybaby Mccall quit after the 3rd, and Rahman was Ko'd the quickest of his career against Lennox.

Rahaman was KOd by James Toney in 3rds..

McCall was not crying the night he poleaxed Lewis in less than 2rds it was Lewis who was crying leaving the ring being helped down the ring steps by his brother with tears rolling down his face while McCall was pacing around the ring shouting"i told you all i would knock him out easily" that was a different McCall to the version who was just days out of a Drug-Rehab who had a nervous breakdown in the ring while Lewis stood back and watched as he was too afraid to engage McCall in a fight.

For you to repeatedly claim that the version of Mike Tyson who lost to Lewis was anything other than a shell of the fighter he was 13yrs earlier is ridiculous.

JoeyZagz.. you seem to know all about the career of Lennox Lewis.. can you name for me the fighters who Lewis fought "Who was At the Top of their Game"..?

Southpaw Great
07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Rahaman was KOd by James Toney in 3rds..

McCall was not crying the night he poleaxed Lewis in less than 2rds it was Lewis who was crying leaving the ring being helped down the ring steps by his brother with tears rolling down his face while McCall was pacing around the ring shouting"i told you all i would knock him out easily" that was a different McCall to the version who was just days out of a Drug-Rehab who had a nervous breakdown in the ring while Lewis stood back and watched as he was too afraid to engage McCall in a fight.

For you to repeatedly claim that the version of Mike Tyson who lost to Lewis was anything other than a shell of the fighter he was 13yrs earlier is ridiculous.

JoeyZagz.. you seem to know all about the career of Lennox Lewis.. can you name for me the fighters who Lewis fought "Who was At the Top of their Game"..?

No he wasnt. The fight was stopped on a cut due to a head clash and is down as a NC.

sonnyboyx2
07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
No he wasnt. The fight was stopped on a cut due to a head clash and is down as a NC.

no matter what the result is down as.. Rahman quit because he knew he was getting KOd.. Rahman has never beaten any top flight fighter other than when he poleaxed Lewis.

sonnyboyx2
07-28-2010, 03:11 PM

Jim Jeffries
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Yeah Sonny is really reaching with his Lennox hate here. Rahman was pretty much shot by the time he fought Toney and it most certainly wasn't as impressive as Lennox's one punch destruction of a prime Rahman.

Love him or hate him, Lewis is a top 10 ATG HW. Period. End of story. Thanks for playing.

sonnyboyx2
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah Sonny is really reaching with his Lennox hate here. Rahman was pretty much shot by the time he fought Toney and it most certainly wasn't as impressive as Lennox's one punch destruction of a prime Rahman.

Love him or hate him, Lewis is a top 10 ATG HW. Period. End of story. Thanks for playing.

prime Rahman... Rahman was a journeyman, bum, who was unranked when the Lewis camp petitioned their beloved WBC to have him moved from No11 up to the No10 postition so that they could fight him rather than fight any of the Top contenders...There is never any Hate` in my Lewis threads... just the truth about his career, your more than welcome to try to prove what i say as incorrect, Lewis is my favorite subject

Joeyzagz
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM

We already covered it in another thread, no need to rehash it here.

"Top of their game" is really a lightning in a bottle scenario. No one is absolutely perfect on fight night. Someone is always a year too old, or theres a drug story, a training camp mishaps, weight problem, or something else.

"Foreman was poisoned, the ropes were loose"

"A distracting fan flew in the ring when Holyfield got his best win"

"Bowe TKOd a man suffering from a heart condition."

There are a million excuses you can use. You use them to nitpick Lennox's opponents when it can really be done to just about any boxer in any given fight.

Jim Jeffries
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
prime Rahman... Rahman was a journeyman, bum, who was unranked when the Lewis camp petitioned their beloved WBC to have him moved from No11 up to the No10 postition so that they could fight him rather than fight any of the Top contenders...There is never any Hate` in my Lewis threads... just the truth about his career, your more than welcome to try to prove what i say as incorrect, Lewis is my favorite subject

Regardless of your opinion of Rahman, you're the one who made the claim that Lennox's destruction of him wasn't the most impressive. That was your first mistake. The second was bringing up the Toney fight as evidence of your claim.

I don't really care what your opinion of him is. You're in the small minority of people who think Lennox is not a top 10 ATG HW.

sonnyboyx2
07-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Regardless of your opinion of Rahman, you're the one who made the claim that Lennox's destruction of him wasn't the most impressive. That was your first mistake. The second was bringing up the Toney fight as evidence of your claim.

I don't really care what your opinion of him is. You're in the small minority of people who think Lennox is not a top 10 ATG HW.

you need to watch Rahman vs Maskaev (1)

cooper5
07-29-2010, 06:27 AM
As much as I liked Lewis, and I really did. I can't put him in my top ten. No matter how I rank them he barely misses my list. There is no one since he retired that I would put above him in my rankings but I just have a hard time squeezing Lewis in there.

Joeyzagz
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
prime Darcy... Jimmy Darcy was a journeyman, bum, who was unranked when the Dempsey camp petitioned their beloved NBAW to have him moved from No111 up to the No10 postition so that they could fight him rather than fight any of the Top contenders...

^^^Sorry but I just couldnt resist. Most if not all of your nitpick criticisms can be applied 10 fold to other ATGs and make them look silly.

And one can only imagine if boxers were still allowed to go 3 years without a defense and keep there titles. Unbelievable.

sonnyboyx2
07-30-2010, 03:13 AM
^^^Sorry but I just couldnt resist. Most if not all of your nitpick criticisms can be applied 10 fold to other ATGs and make them look silly.

And one can only imagine if boxers were still allowed to go 3 years without a defense and keep there titles. Unbelievable.

yet Lewis kept the entire boxing world waiting with his promise that he would fight Vitali in a rematch yet only 3 days before he was to be stripped of his last remaining belt he baulked and announced his retirement

turdleburgle
07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
yet Lewis kept the entire boxing world waiting with his promise that he would fight Vitali in a rematch yet only 3 days before he was to be stripped of his last remaining belt he baulked and announced his retirement

lmao he was nearly 40 and your holding it against him because he didnt want a fight a guy he already knocked out?

your an idiot.

Joeyzagz
07-30-2010, 06:33 PM

Retiring at 38, ON TOP, is a graceful exit..... what about that certain 32 year old?

A man, only 32, who was babied his entire career with three year vacations, four round farces and was allowed to duck an entire race of people?

Despite being spoonfed and ducking the best HWs of his era, he still ended up with 6 losses and was poleaxed by Journeyman jim Flynn. He couldnt even defeat a lightheavyweight who was the same age as him?