View Full Version : I want to fight in 1 Professional Fight-- how do I do it?

mushahadeen
07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Important Details:

-- I know I will get beat up, look terrible, and possibly suffer a concussion-- I am totally okay with that.

-- Training (footwork, stamina, etc.) is not an issue because winning is not my goal. Again I do not care about losing or even getting KO'd, that's fine.

-- The only time I have ever boxed was like Freshman year H.S.

-- I have very little money to waste on this so bribing Keith Kizer or something like that is totally out of the question.

Additional Details:

-- WEIGHT CLASS: I'm 5'9 and currently 147 lbs. without cutting weight. I could easily drop down to 140 lbs. health-ily, or even 135 lbs. if I killed myself.

-- TIME FRAME: I need to do this within the next 6 months.

-- CURRENT SHAPE: In case you need to be in a minimum amount of shape before they license you to fight...

I can jog 5 miles but I want to die afterwards. I can jump rope really fast for like 2 minutes but I want to die afterwards. You can almost see my abs (at 147 they are more defined at 135-140).

Conclusion:

How do I make this happen? Is there a licensing organization I have to go through first? Do I have to have a manager? I just want 1 fight. That's it. Please help me do this. Thank you.

F l i c k e r
07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Search [insert your state here] Athletic Commission on google.
ex: California State Athletic Commission

Then go to the "license application" part of the website.

There you go.

I assume that you live in the US.

jonesy
07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Important Detail:

You are a ****ing idiot!

Uturn
07-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Important Details:

-- I know I will get beat up, look terrible, and possibly suffer a concussion-- I am totally okay with that.

-- Training (footwork, stamina, etc.) is not an issue because winning is not my goal. Again I do not care about losing or even getting KO'd, that's fine.

-- I have very little money to waste on this so bribing Keith Kizer or something like that is totally out of the question.

Additional Details:

-- WEIGHT CLASS: I'm 5'9 and currently 147 lbs. without cutting weight. I could easily drop down to 140 lbs. health-ily, or even 135 lbs. if I killed myself.

-- CURRENT SHAPE: In case you need to be in a minimum amount of shape before they license you to fight...

I can jog 5 miles but I want to die afterwards. I can jump rope really fast for like 2 minutes but I want to die afterwards. You can almost see my abs (at 147 they are more defined at 135-140).

Conclusion:

How do I make this happen? Is there a licensing organization I have to go through first? Do I have to have a manager? I just want 1 fight. That's it. Please help me do this. Thank you.

Just a question.. Why do you want a fight so bad? Do you want to get KO'd or sutin?

Bullrush
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
i dont see the point in fighting when you dont care about winning or losing. thats what sports is about. otherwise its just a job or something

maybe he just wants that "pro boxer" label or something i dont know

oh and no you cant just become a pro boxer just like that. you have to prove yourself in the amateurs first and then take the next step. this is like some college kid asking people to let him be in charge of microsoft or something

Uturn
07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
i dont see the point in fighting when you dont care about winning or losing. thats what sports is about. otherwise its just a job or something

oh and no you cant just become a pro boxer just like that. you have to prove yourself in the amateurs first and then take the next step. this is like some college kid asking people to let him be in charge of microsoft or something

Exactly what i was thinking. Aint no way you can just walks straight into pro boxing like that unless you got a couple amateur fights behind you or something. This **** is just strange. I await for the reply of TS.

paul750
07-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Don't forget all the lower tier journeymen boxing has had through the years. People who step into the ring to pad other fighters records. They usually don't start out with a loser mindset though. They usually start off optimistic.

1 HitterQuitter
07-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Actually I believe he could just become a boxer without amateur experience and if he doesn't car about winning I see no reason not to

Dye
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
If you don't know what your doing you will get hurt. I don't think you understand some of the brain injuries almost all boxers have, if you did you wouldn't be ok with it. Everytime i got hit i saw a flash, which is not good. Although i've been hurt alot worse playing Football.

here you go

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100711181433AAIlErJ

cusd'amatokid
07-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Don't forget all the lower tier journeymen boxing has had through the years. People who step into the ring to pad other fighters records. They usually don't start out with a loser mindset though. They usually start off optimistic.

^ i agree with that. he could be one of those searching for a quick buck

fdotorres
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM

not true at all

that's the best way to do it, but not the only way

azn_violater
07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Maybe you should think about amateurs. Just a thought.

oaklandstephen
07-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Exactly what i was thinking. Aint no way you can just walks straight into pro boxing like that unless you got a couple amateur fights behind you or something. This **** is just strange. I await for the reply of TS.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NlxtDLPKnDA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NlxtDLPKnDA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

snuupe123
07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
lol that was the saddest boxing display i've ever seen in that video up there. and the winner didnt have to lie and say "you got heart" because he doesn't

Megamasterking
07-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Important Details:

Additional Details:

Conclusion:

In Montreal they would't let you fight in a Pro fight for sure, go in a good gym ask a Pro to fight, one who have only a few fights and if the manager of the gym let you go in the ring with him, you will get hurt so badly that it will make you change your mind. A Pro boxer, when you don't know much about boxing can look like easy target, but once your in the ring with him, your in trouble because he will be faster and hard to hit. Ive been boxing for 30 years, and people like you come in the gym every 2 or 3 month and get hurt. About 10 years ago a kick boxer came in the gym, he wanted to fight anybody, so i fought him, in less then 1 round his nose looked like a pizza, you don't need that...

One more round
07-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Well you need a registered coach.

Why not train properly first and fight as amateur at least a few times. You sound like you have never boxed before, and it may seem a novelty to step into the ring as a pro for a one off, but it is not fun to get your head caved in front of lots of people. Which is what will happen.

One more round
07-23-2010, 12:39 AM
not true at all

that's the best way to do it, but not the only way

Yeah. I'm sure if this dude was in the US he could hook up with a dodgy trainer, manager and get thrown in with no training. But he would get hurt, possibly badly, doing so.

In UK I hear you need to spar in front of some officials before turning pro.

fdotorres
07-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah. I'm sure if this dude was in the US he could hook up with a dodgy trainer, manager and get thrown in with no training. But he would get hurt, possibly badly, doing so.

In UK I hear you need to spar in front of some officials before turning pro.

that's what he wants, so lets let him fight!

be sure to get it recorded please :lol1:

Bullrush
07-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Actually I believe he could just become a boxer without amateur experience and if he doesn't car about winning I see no reason not to
i guarantee you that its not gonna happen. he wont find a coach that will take him under his wing and just give him a pro fight just so he can be knocked out, just so the coach can be embarrassed. if you think thats realistic (to step in and become a pro fighter with zero boxing experience) then your view of boxing and the coaches that are in the game is a little messed up

besides he needs to get the OK from the state hes fighting in first. theres no way thats gonna happen. these guys really make sure to avoid any mismatches when it comes to fighting. i remember dana white that fat slob he wanted to have a pro fight in the UFC and the state thought it was a joke so they didnt let him fight. and this happens all the time

Spartacus Sully
07-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Your not going to get a pro fight.

call up your local gym, act all ****y claiming you got some skills and you want to test them out. show up see how you do and move on from there.

alza1988
07-23-2010, 06:25 AM
I would love to do it as well man but I don't beleive i'm training anywhere near hard enough and wouldn't even think about it inless I was 110 percent .Boxing training 6 days a week man sparring everything .See man I found my grandas and great uncles pro records man and I wasn't even into boxing when they were around .Now i'm raging I didn't join a gym when I was a kid .To late man i'm just concentrating on the amatuers .It would cost me 1000 in this country and f--k that if your going to get beat up and knocked out .:boxing: Wish my granda was around today man we'd have alot of boxing to talk man.

Uturn
07-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I would love to do it as well man but I don't beleive i'm training anywhere near hard enough and wouldn't even think about it inless I was 110 percent .Boxing training 6 days a week man sparring everything .See man I found my grandas and great uncles pro records man and I wasn't even into boxing when they were around .Now i'm raging I didn't join a gym when I was a kid .To late man i'm just concentrating on the amatuers .It would cost me 1000 in this country and f--k that if your going to get beat up and knocked out .:boxing: Wish my granda was around today man we'd have alot of boxing to talk man.

Yup, no point in going in a boxing match if your going to get smashed up. You need to make sure your defense is tight and you have learned abit of footwork, also analyzed real situations. Stuff getting beat up for the hell of it.. Talking from experience i've been in the ring with people who have 2+ years over me and it's not fun being a punch bag!

SAN D13GO VILLAN
07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Why dont you just join a toughman contest?

FalconsRB
07-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Important Details:

Additional Details:

Conclusion:

hahahahahaha no offense, i figured you knew **** about boxing.... pls up your vid, would be funny to watch. Remember, this time you wont be wearing gloves to do dishes so watch out!

Sam Donald
07-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Are you serious??????????????????????

BirdsIView
07-23-2010, 11:06 PM
I mean I've seen some shows on T.V. where a bunch of fat rednecks are brawling with no technique or skill whatsoever for a quick buck so I think it's possible.

I think a lot of you are thinking he wants to get a real serious fight, I take it more as he wants to just hop in the ring in a bar in front of a bunch of drunk people and just slug it out with some other guy for a little money.

1 HitterQuitter
07-23-2010, 11:36 PM
i guarantee you that its not gonna happen. he wont find a coach that will take him under his wing and just give him a pro fight just so he can be knocked out, just so the coach can be embarrassed. if you think thats realistic (to step in and become a pro fighter with zero boxing experience) then your view of boxing and the coaches that are in the game is a little messed up

besides he needs to get the OK from the state hes fighting in first. theres no way thats gonna happen. these guys really make sure to avoid any mismatches when it comes to fighting. i remember dana white that fat slob he wanted to have a pro fight in the UFC and the state thought it was a joke so they didnt let him fight. and this happens all the time

I thought you meant he wouldn't be able to because it wasn't allowed. I kinda agree I think you maybe able to find some trainer that would just do it for the pennies but not many

Spartacus Sully
07-24-2010, 01:14 PM
I mean I've seen some shows on T.V. where a bunch of fat rednecks are brawling with no technique or skill whatsoever for a quick buck so I think it's possible.

Ive seen that **** too, i think they call it the UFC.

bernardotelo
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Ive seen that **** too, i think they call it the UFC.

yeap it's the ultra fool's championship:boxing:

Del Coqui
07-24-2010, 02:56 PM
You need to get licensed, you need a trainer and somehow you need to slip into a boxing card. If you got the goods to at least look decent , or you are the next WV2 then who knows, but its unlikely :boxing:

toehead
07-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Contact Stacy Goodson he's a former Fighter and he's promoting fights again you can find him on facebook he'll put you in a fight and not get you killed.

cameronpaul
07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
in england we have white collar boxing, i think its only a few rounds at a time and i think you only get licensed to fight for a day or something. its more word of mouth than internet searchable but i think if you were to go down to local boxing gym and ask about one off fights, then thats where you'l find em if there are any local.