View Full Version : Feet blistering after i box

Uturn
07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Now my lonsdale shoes are pretty new but im finding myself with blisters under my toes and it's a little painful. Im wearing trainer socks which are thin! Is there anything to prevent this happening i.e footwraps? Does anyone wear them when they box?

Thanks,

Casual.

paloalto00
07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure you're going to get blisters regardless of what shoes you wear. The blisters are from the friction and the sweat on your feet

Chip2006uk
07-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah just dont worry about them and the blisters will soon be replaced by nice harderned lumps of skin, I forget the sciencey name for them.

Would I be right in saying most orthodox fighters get that hardened fleshy lump mostly on the outer big toe on the right foot?

boxingsmash69
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah just dont worry about them and the blisters will soon be replaced by nice harderned lumps of skin, I forget the sciencey name for them.

Would I be right in saying most orthodox fighters get that hardened fleshy lump mostly on the outer big toe on the right foot?

Callus or Callous.

I had one under my big toe on my left foot.

paloalto00
07-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I too have a blisters on my big toe, except on my left foot since I'm southpaw

FM3O
07-22-2010, 11:39 PM
During weeks i do a lot of gym work with a lot of lateral movement I get it. It really hampers my training on future days =/. They must make something that can help prevent this... I switched to some nice cross trainers for when I train for this reason. What kind of flooring do you train on? I train on this thin but rough carpet, I always wonder if that has something to do with it.

FM3O
07-22-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm orthodox, and I get them on what I what I would consider the outside of my big toe, but sometimes I get light ones on some of my little toes on my left foot, or the ball of my right foot.

Uturn
07-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Usually laminate type flooring if im not in the ring! Looking through threads, i managed to trace one about getting sore feet after a boxing session (footwork) and this guy mentioned he use to wrap duct tape round his toes to stop getting blisters (said it worked a treat everytime) i may try this next time and see what happens, sounds a good idea..

SplitSecond
07-23-2010, 08:50 AM

yes, it will occassionally pull the skin so much it folds, and it's failry painful when that happens

BirdsIView
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah i got a blister on my back foot from training. It hurts like a ***** at times but in a little bit it will turn into a callous and I'll be good.

Coeco
07-24-2010, 07:28 AM
I think its something that happens to every martial artist at some point. If it doesn't go away then it must be your shoes. As said earlier, It'll start developing "Hardened skin stuff" which will often protect the areas.

If it doesn't, Try cutting it off with a nail clipper and let it re-grow for an even harder layer of "Hardened skin stuff". Worked for me, Just don't let it grow too big or it'll develop blisters inside.

T.Horton
07-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I have a huge callous on the ball of my left foot. I go have it removed and a few weeks later it returns. Just part of the trade I guess.

Reggie Miller
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I got this tip from a pro who used to train at my gym.

Hikers use this method. Get vaseline and rub that onto your feet, don't put too much on.. just a fair amount. Put a small, sneaker sock on top and then put your training sock on. It doesn't feel squishy or uncomfortable and won't affect you in any bad way.

Works a treat, no blisters, no nothing.

Try it and tell me what happens. If you don't like vaseline, companies like SCHOLL have made a special cream for blisters which works just the same, vaseline just costs less and has the same effect.