View Full Version : Paulie Williams?

DarkTerror88
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Is Williams the one to dethrone Pacquiao and Mayweather?
I think so based soley on his workrate.

NChristo
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
This should probably be in NSB btw but while it's here I'll reply

I don't think he's that good, he's extremely over rated by a lot of people BUT I wouldn't count him out against Floyd, I think his range and work rate would trouble Floyd at this point in time but I'm not sure how he'd be able to handle Pac.

$BloodyNate$
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't know. A pacman fight would be really really weird though lol. I feel like Pacman will be too fast to hit and Williams will be too tall for pacman to hit. I think the air would take more punishment in that fight haha. But I don't think that fight ever happens. But I think Williams might win though just because I think he has a better chance of landing punches then pacman. I think if he wasn't so wild and used his height then he'd have a hell of a shot.

With Floyd, I think the last sentence is still true from the one above. I think if he used his reach and wasn't wild. I think he could out work him from the outside. Floyd has a terrible work rate but very good accuracy but it will definitely be a little more difficult to hit the tall williams but Quintana shown it could be down. But Mayweather I don't think would be as active as Qunintana. So he might actually fall to a decision too.

Real hard fights to pick though. I think if Williams wasn't so damn wild it'd be easier to pick but he's definitely way to open to a counter puncher. But he won't be the one to dethrone them just for the simple fact they won't fight him. PERIOD. No way no how.