View Full Version : running at nights ????

KnockOutPuncher
07-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Hello guyz, i have some vacation right now.. and i was thinking bout running at nights..

i go to the boxing gym from 6:30 to 8:00 pm

so when am coming home I'll eat for dinner and take a protein shake and rest for 2 hours & after that
i was thinking bout to go for a 40-50 min running @ 10:00 pm

anybody else here doing it the same way ?
and how do u feel with it?

sry for my bad english guyz...

i just read that mayweather is alawys doing his roadwork at 8:00 p.m
so i can still rest the whole morning on next days...

discodave
07-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Personally, I prefer running at night.

There has been times in which I have been at boxing from 7.30pm until 9pm, come straight home, drop my bag, drink some water and then go out on the roads and do a 3 mile run. Not only does it feel good when you have finished, but you also get a great sleep haha.

I've went out and done roadwork at 7am on a few occasions but I definitely prefer running at night.

KnockOutPuncher
07-21-2010, 07:54 AM

There has been times in which I have been at boxing from 7.30pm until 9pm, come straight home, drop my bag, drink some water and then go out on the roads and do a 3 mile run. Not only does it feel good when you have finished, but you also get a great sleep haha.

I've went out and done roadwork at 7am on a few occasions but I definitely prefer running at night.

sounds great , 'll try it out 2day...

jonesy
07-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I run at 2/3am daily. It's great. I can run in the middle of the road, it's quiet, no traffic, cool air, peaceful man. Then when it hits 4am the birds start to sing and i get to see the sun start to rise, no better feeling of being alive man.
If iv got an early start the next day though i run about 10/11pm, but never in the day.

KnockOutPuncher
07-21-2010, 08:08 AM

i started running last week again....
i had a knee injury so i needed to take a break for 4-5 weeks...(instead of running i did some swimming)
it just feels so great to doing runnings again..
i think I've overtrained a lil bit ...
i was doing 4x boxing + 2 times @ the weekends 55min running + 4 sprints + 1x full body weight lifting
i lost to much weight with those long runnings ..and my legs + knees hurt badly...
i just wanted to try out something new
I'll just run my 40 mins and do 4-6 fast sprints
do u guyz run everyday,,
do u don't feel overtrained ?
i mean if u train for fights i could undertsand it but otherwise i don't know

Uturn
07-21-2010, 08:11 AM
I run at 2/3am daily. It's great. I can run in the middle of the road, it's quiet, no traffic, cool air, peaceful man. Then when it hits 4am the birds start to sing and i get to see the sun start to rise, no better feeling of being alive man.
If iv got an early start the next day though i run about 10/11pm, but never in the day.

Wow 2-3 am? that's some crazy stuff man lol

jonesy
07-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow 2-3 am? that's some crazy stuff man lol

yea i couldnt do it if i worked a 9-5 but i work online and can do my own hours so no need to follow everyone else's sleep pattern. I love it though, plus i can shadow box on my run without everybody looking!
I live in the city and you get some idiots who jog down oxford street during rush hour lol

toni0704
07-21-2010, 08:27 AM
yea i couldnt do it if i worked a 9-5 but i work online and can do my own hours so no need to follow everyone else's sleep pattern. I love it though, plus i can shadow box on my run without everybody looking!
I live in the city, you get some idiots who jog down oxford street during rush hour lol

Wish I could run that time but I work 9-5.30 so not good, I hate running after work when everyone is about it puts me off lol

jonesy
07-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Wish I could run that time but I work 9-5.30 so not good, I hate running after work when everyone is about it puts me off lol

I can only suggest running late before you sleep. Like 11-12 or something, should be pretty quiet then. Get bk, shower and go straight to bed plus after a late run and shower you should sleep like a baby lol not ideal if u got a wifey though, she wont like it!

toni0704
07-21-2010, 08:57 AM
I can only suggest running late before you sleep. Like 11-12 or something, should be pretty quiet then. Get bk, shower and go straight to bed plus after a late run and shower you should sleep like a baby lol not ideal if u got a wifey though, she wont like it!

Ha no i haven't got a wife, Im female lol so suppose thats another downside to running late, I'll need to get alot faster n stronger first incase there's any odd bods about. good idea to go before bed though, cheers

jonesy
07-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Ha no i haven't got a wife, Im female lol so suppose thats another downside to running late, I'll need to get alot faster n stronger first incase there's any odd bods about. good idea to go before bed though, cheers

LOL sorry honey haha yea not ideal to run late if your a girl but summer's the best time, it's light until 9/10ish at the moment so if you do go out just put your hood up and start shadow boxing if anyone comes near you! lol
Have you tried early morning? like 5/6am might be good, shower then go to work, you might feel fresher that way. Personally i feel tired then during the day if i do that but everyones different.
ps. if u dont feel safe, carry a little mase spray in your pocket;)

iceman1
07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
running at night is the one :) around 11pm or say 3-4am :)

toni0704
07-21-2010, 09:32 AM
LOL sorry honey haha yea not ideal to run late if your a girl but summer's the best time, it's light until 9/10ish at the moment so if you do go out just put your hood up and start shadow boxing if anyone comes near you! lol
Have you tried early morning? like 5/6am might be good, shower then go the work, you might feel fresher that way. Personally i feel tired then during the day if i do that but everyones different.
ps. if u dont feel safe, carry a little mase spray in your pocket;)

Haha no probs.
I'll try that yea lol they'd soon be running the other way cos they'd think i was some wierdo! ha.
Think i'd be ok at the min like you say, its light till quite late this time of year

Squirrel
07-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Weird everyone is championing late night running, i'd personally advise against it for safety reasons and for the fact you shouldn't really be kicking up your metabolism two hours before you sleep.

BrooklynBomber
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
If you are looking to lose fat more efficiently, you can run about 3-4 hours after your boxing training.

alza1988
07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I used to run at night sometimes as well .I done a run today tho .Going out to hit my bags soon .Mayweather runs at night man 8pm .

One more round
07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
I prefer to run early, at about 6:20am

KnockOutPuncher
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
i was at the boxing gym from 6:30 to 8:15 pm
came home i felt a bit tired

take a big whey protein shake in water and than drinked some more water..
i wasn't much hungry
watche some mayweather training videos to get some motivation , and than i went for a 45min fast run @ 10:15-11:00pm.. and than did some push ups, abs exercises and some stretching at home.
i could run a lot more but i don't want to get overtrained and tired...
right now we got summer holidays ovahere in germany so I'm everday (7 days a week at the boxing gym).. so 2-3 extra runs will be more than great for me.
will have a fight in 3 weeks
i don't wanna get overtrained and lose too much weight.