View Full Version : Greatest come from behind wins ever??!

Nick Fury
07-20-2010, 08:02 PM
So how about it fellas, what are some of the greatest come from behind wins you've ever seen?

Chavez-Taylor is a good one.

catalinul
07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Castillo-Corrales I

Moore vs Durelle I

Ward vs Sanchez

Moorer vs Foreman

etc,etc,etc...

NChristo
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Rocky Marciano - Jersey Joe Walcott

joe strong
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
foreman over moorer,briggs over liakhovich,mercer over damiani....those are just off the top of my head,lewis over bruno is another...

Megamasterking
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Jake Lamotta vs Laurent Dauthuille : Lamotta was behind on all the cards and he KO'd Dauthuille in the 15 !

r.burgundy
07-20-2010, 08:51 PM
foreman vs moorer for me.foreman was getting his ass handed to him.rahman/maskaev II also.hearns/leonard and mosley/oscar II here

CarlosG815
07-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Foreman Moorer hands down.

Perhaps Chavez Taylor as well? I thought Chavez was winning pretty convincingly before he was shucka'd with 3 seconds to go.

$BloodyNate$
07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Felix came back against Oscar. I mean I still think he loss but he still came from behind and made it real close. Deserves a mention I think.

Froch over Taylor? That was pretty cool.

SBleeder
07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Leonard's win over Hearns in their first fight.

CarlosG815
07-20-2010, 10:17 PM

I've seen this fight so many times and I'm not disagreeing with you, as everybody seems to have that opinion, but I just don't think Rocky was losing as bad as everybody thought when he knocked out Joe!!

bojangles1987
07-20-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't think you can really top a knockout with 2 seconds left in the fight like Chavez did to Taylor.

Corralles coming back from two knockdowns against Castillo is pretty damn close though.

JK1700
07-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I heard Jorge Castro over John David Jackson was an amazing comeback, Apparently Castro had lost pretty much every round until the 9th when the referee was just about to stop the fight and as he jumped in Castro landed a huge right hand which knocked Jackson down. The referee started counting and Jackson got up, but was then stopped with the follow up.

I havent seen the fight though. Think im going to download it and check it out tommorow.

TBear
07-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Mike Weaver-John Tate is one of my favorites but Archie Moore-Durelle I is great too.

Castro-John D.Jackson and Carbajal-Arce deserve mention.

FM3O
07-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I loved the Toney-Nunn comeback. Although Toney was holding his own, he was down a hell of a lot of rounds when he got the KO.

Eubank-Watson II was one of the best comebacks I have personally seen, injuries aside.

talip bin osman
07-21-2010, 01:25 AM
micky ward planting a left hook to the liver of some sanchez guy...

roy jones & the HBO commentators on board were really hurling some nasty, degrading comments towards ward... then the punishing body shot came... all of a sudden rjj & the crew begun eating crow...

then if i may add, the gerry penalosa vs johnny gonzales fight...

& of course the jackson-graham fight...

sonnyboyx2
07-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Bobby Chacon in almost every fight

Heru
07-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Cotto-Margarito anyone?

Margarito's down 6-0, 5-1 when he starts turning that fight around. If Librado Andrade wouldn't have gotten hosed against Bute, he'd be up there too. Bute beat the count, but he was in no shape to continue the fight, worse condition than Taylor.

titanium
07-21-2010, 04:49 AM
The Mike Weaver/John Tate and Foreman/Moorer were two of the biggest.

Someone mentioned Ward/Sanchez but Ward/Reggie Green was big and Saoul Mamby/Gary Hinton too

titanium
07-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Oh and Pernell Whitaker-Diosbelys Hurtado!

prinzemanspopa
07-21-2010, 05:38 AM
The David Izon-Derrick Jefferson fight is usually brought up in topics such as this.To me,the way the fight was stopped prevents it from being listed high in these type of discussions.

I've always felt that Mercante Jr gave Izon every chance in the fight and gave Jefferson almost nothing.

Jefferson looked a half decent fighter at that time.

Also,Bonecrusher Smith knocking out Bruno in the very last round,after losing almost every single round of the fight,deserves a mention.

Stone Roses!
07-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Audley Harrison vs Michael Sprott II was not only a great comeback but a ****ing Brutal KO.

catalinul
07-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Gatti-Rodriguez is another.

JK1700
07-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I just watched it. Jorge Castro vs John David Jackson is by far the best comeback I have ever seen. Jackson was beating Castro up badly, His eyes were swelling badly and he had a huge cut right on his eyelid. Just as the referee was about to stop the fight Castro connected with a huge left hook and floored Jackson in the 9th round, who got up but was stopped with the follow up.

This is a must see fight. I encourage others to watch it.

$BloodyNate$
07-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Nobody mentioned the fight of the year last year? Marquez-Diaz?

Shame shame. Hell of a fight. cant wait til the rematch!

bojangles1987
07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Nobody mentioned the fight of the year last year? Marquez-Diaz?

Shame shame. Hell of a fight. cant wait til the rematch!

Personally wouldn't call that too much a comeback. That's more a great example of a great fighter outclassing a good one, as Kellerman said after.

GJC
07-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Short fights but I think would still qualify:

Hearns v Barkley

Jackson v Graham

Megamasterking
07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Cotto-Margarito anyone?

Margarito's down 6-0, 5-1 when he starts turning that fight around. If Librado Andrade wouldn't have gotten hosed against Bute, he'd be up there too. Bute beat the count, but he was in no shape to continue the fight, worse condition than Taylor.

Bute fought Andrade in a rematch about 1 year later and he KO'd Andrade in round 4 by a body shot. Also Taylor lost his rematch to Chavez and in the first fight,Taylor spent days if not weeks in a hospital and never was the same fighter after that. Bute in the first fight never went to hospital and suffered no bad injuries, his career is still going great, he's an undeafeted WC... i respect your opinion, i just wanted to correct the condition of Taylor after his fight compare to the one of Bute. i saw both fight, i had a poster of Taylor vs Chavez, i like those classic fights. Also Stephane Ouellet lost his fight against Dave Hilton while there was only 15 sec. left, i was there and i couldn't believe it !

JAB5239
07-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Bute fought Andrade in a rematch about 1 year later and he KO'd Andrade in round 4 by a body shot. Also Taylor lost his rematch to Chavez and in the first fight,Taylor spent days if not weeks in a hospital and never was the same fighter after that. Bute in the first fight never went to hospital and suffered no bad injuries, his career is still going great, he's an undeafeted WC... i respect your opinion, i just wanted to correct the condition of Taylor after his fight compare to the one of Bute. i saw both fight, i had a poster of Taylor vs Chavez, i like those classic fights. Also Stephane Ouellet lost his fight against Dave Hilton while there was only 15 sec. left, i was there and i couldn't believe it !

I vaguely remember this fight. Was it on ESPN?

Miburo
07-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Not your traditional one, but Williams-Potter.

Anthony342
07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
So how about it fellas, what are some of the greatest come from behind wins you've ever seen?

Chavez-Taylor is a good one.

That was a gift win from referee Richard Steele. It's because of this fight that Steele gets booed to this day whenever he's introduced. He deserves it. Anyway, in answer to the question, I recently say Kevin Kelley vs. Ricardo Rodriguez. I think this originally aired on ESPN. It looked like he was done and about 2 or 3 rounds later Kelley lands a big left to score the KO, great comeback IMO.

Anthony342
07-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Another great one I should have remembered as Marciano is one of my favorites.

The_Demon
07-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Not your traditional one, but Williams-Potter.

Coming back with a dislocated shoulder,respect

GameGod
07-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor: At the end of Round 11 Taylor was leading lopsidedly on all 3 scorecards (107-102 on one and 108-101 on the other two; that means 8-3 in rounds on one card and 9-2 in rounds on the other). Then, he continued to win for the first 2 minutes of the final round, Round 12, until in the last minute Chavez made an incredible counter-attack to stop the fight with 2 seconds left.

Scott9945
07-23-2010, 02:41 AM
I just watched it. Jorge Castro vs John David Jackson is by far the best comeback I have ever seen. Jackson was beating Castro up badly, His eyes were swelling badly and he had a huge cut right on his eyelid. Just as the referee was about to stop the fight Castro connected with a huge left hook and floored Jackson in the 9th round, who got up but was stopped with the follow up.

This is a must see fight. I encourage others to watch it.

I saw that fight on live TV. It was the opening match on a JC Chavez PPV card. And it was just as amazing as you described.

Bright-Eyes
07-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Eubank-Watson 2.

Watson was already well ahead on the scorecards and even looked close to stopping an exhausted Eubank at the end,but then he got nailed with that uppercut and it was all over from then on.