View Full Version : Weighted vests...

samoram
07-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Ive used a 20lb weighted vest before for boxing training, and found great improvements in core strength, explosive foot speed and stamina.

BUT

I found I was a little heavy on the muscle side and maybe not a agile fleet footed as before.

MAYBE

I should remove some of the weight and only have 10lb of weight in the vest for the best of both???

what ya think? wb cheers!

shine11
07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
i traing with a 6 pound weighted vest and it makes a big difference. i think 20lbs is a little too much

Spartacus Sully
07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Ive used a 20lb weighted vest before for boxing training, and found great improvements in core strength, explosive foot speed and stamina.

BUT

I found I was a little heavy on the muscle side and maybe not a agile fleet footed as before.

MAYBE

I should remove some of the weight and only have 10lb of weight in the vest for the best of both???

what ya think? wb cheers!

are you running with it or just training? Id take some weight out and include it into parts of your training but i wouldnt use it for running or 100% of your training. like shadow a round with it then a few with out and hit the heavy bag for a round with it then a few with out.

louis24592
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
do wht feels best

Coeco
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM
You should always carefully calculate carrying weights with your needs/desired results and your usual training times. They're exactly like gym weights,

Carry more = Build muscle mass / explosive power in legs,

Carry less = Build stamina more easily while still getting muscle improvement.