View Full Version : I've Narrowed Down My Search For Training Gloves To...

Shabba Rank$
07-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Cleto Reyes Pro Training Gloves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLETO-REYES-PRO-TRAINING-GLOVES-LACES-12-14-16-18-/260604480919?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Boxing_Gloves&hash=item3cad3ccd97

Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves.

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-IMF-Tech8482-Training-Gloves-Lace-Cuff/productinfo/MFTG/

(I will fork out the extra $20 if the Cleto Reyes gloves are worth it)

Alright guys help me decide on which to get.

*Remember! I will be using the training gloves as my sparring gloves as well!*

boxingsmash69
07-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Ringside IMF tech. I have both but I prefer my Techs.

Yeah they are $100, but I got mine from Ebay for $60, new.

boxingsmash69
Looks like I found one:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=ringside+imf+tech&_sacat=See-All-Categories

GymRat
A lot of people have had problems with Cleto Reyes gloves for, such as the pocket being too wide or the thumbs being off sizes. I can't speak for Cleto training gloves, but I own those IMF gloves (except I have the hook and loop) and they are the best training gloves I've ever had.

Shabba Rank$
07-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Looks like I found one:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=ringside+imf+tech&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ehh...

I don't want hook n loop though. (I like the wrist support of lace-up's)

Thanks for the opinion mate.

I'll wait for a few more replies before I order.

boxingsmash69
07-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Ehh...

I don't want hook n loop though. (I like the wrist support of lace-up's)

Thanks for the opinion mate.

I'll wait for a few more replies before I order.

I see both a Hook and Loop, and a Lace-up glove on there.

What size ounces are you gonna get?

FM3O
07-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Get the Reyes gloves but make sure there authentic and not the BS ringside ones

Shabba Rank$
07-15-2010, 02:07 AM

Ahhh.

And I plan on getting 16 oz. gloves.

Shabba Rank$
07-15-2010, 02:11 AM

Wait it seems kind of shady.

Cause I was bidding on those same gloves then I lost.

Now they're back up again?

boxingsmash69
07-15-2010, 02:26 AM
Wait it seems kind of shady.

Cause I was bidding on those same gloves then I lost.

Now they're back up again?

lol really? sounds similar to my situation a while back. i was bidding on some shoes, and i got "sniped" (someone outbidded me with 5 seconds to go, LOL). so I lost. then the seller re-listed it because the buyer didn't want the shoes anymore, and i ended up winning it.

it could be anything, either that or he/she has multiple pairs to sell.

at least that seller has 100% positive feedback. i wouldn't doubt this seller.

Bullrush
07-15-2010, 04:08 AM
if youre gonna spend that much cash on gloves go get the reyes. the IMF are excellent too but the reyes are premium

i own a couple of those reyes gloves you linked. theyre excellent for sparring, the padding isnt much different from most gloves in terms of density, but these gloves dont have a lot of padding around the knuckle area. the padding is evenly distributed though. from the wrist all the way up to your fingers. the quality is excellent, very smooth leather, very very comfortable. you can make a great fist with them

the IMF tech are more allround gloves. they have a lot of padding and you can use them for bag/mitt work as well. theyre great gloves too but for 100+ bucks id go with the reyes

Shabba Rank$
07-15-2010, 04:38 AM
if youre gonna spend that much cash on gloves go get the reyes. the IMF are excellent too but the reyes are premium

i own a couple of those reyes gloves you linked. theyre excellent for sparring, the padding isnt much different from most gloves in terms of density, but these gloves dont have a lot of padding around the knuckle area. the padding is evenly distributed though. from the wrist all the way up to your fingers. the quality is excellent, very smooth leather, very very comfortable. you can make a great fist with them

the IMF tech are more allround gloves. they have a lot of padding and you can use them for bag/mitt work as well. theyre great gloves too but for 100+ bucks id go with the reyes

Thanks for the opinion Rush.

Waiting a little longer.

paloalto00
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Reyes has a great quality glove, but I would suggest it only for fighting. Go with the IMF techs

Spartacus Sully
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
They're both training gloves so they're both foam so they are both good for everything though if anything id splurge just for the reyes name.

Bronsky
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Reyes like mentioned by bully have less protection in the Knuckle area and all the complaints I've gotten were from people I've sparred with. They hurt and I've been hit with Reyes too, they definitely feel harder on your sparring partner. I would say IMFs because I've seen people get turned down or asked to change their gloves due to them being Reyes. The IMFs have a lot more padding in the knuckle area which equals to better protection for you and better protection for our sparring partners. As far as quality is concerned IMO IMFs are right up there with the best but cletos are cletos, 'nough said.