View Full Version : How much money are UFC fighters making?

'Sugar' Freddi
07-14-2010, 12:57 AM
In total, at the end of the night, how much are they usually making for a fight? Consider the sponsors and all that.

blaze778
07-14-2010, 01:06 AM
UFC releases payouts for the fights themselves, but they don't include sponsors or bonuses:

Here's the payouts (without sponsors) for UFC 116:

Brock Lesnar: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Shane Carwin: $40,000

Chris Leben: $86,000 ($43,000 win bonus)
def. Yoshihiro Akiyama: $45,000

Chris Lytle: $52,000 ($26,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Brown: $10,000

Stephan Bonnar: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus)
def. Krzysztof Soszynski: $10,000

George Sotiropoulos: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
def. Kurt Pellegrino: $25,000

Brendan Schuab: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Chris Tuchscherer: $12,000

Ricardo Romero: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Seth Petruzelli: $10,000

Kendall Grove: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus)
def. Goran Reljic: $5,000

Gerald Harris: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. David Branch: $6,000

Daniel Roberts: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus)
def. Forrest Petz: $6,000

Jon Madsen: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Karlos Vemola: $8,000

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416216-ufc-116-payout-information-released

information-released"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416216-ufc-116-payout-information-released[/URL]

Gorilla Dogs
07-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I heard GSP made about 1.1 million when it was all said and done after UFC 100

blaze778
07-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I heard GSP made about 1.1 million when it was all said and done after UFC 100

Yeah, after bonuses and sponsers, the top fighters can make pretty good money. But still only a fraction of what the boxers make.

I mean even guys who aren't at the top like Campbell and Ortiz made over $100,000 each (and that's after allegedly getting ripped off by Golden Boy). But that's still more than what everyone else got at UFC 116, except Brock. I mean how much more income can the sponsors add for just one night of fighting? I doubt it would take any of their purses over six figures.

'Sugar' Freddi
07-14-2010, 01:27 AM
That's really crazy. Dana White is an asswhole. He should pay them more since he's making a **** load of money.

F l i c k e r
07-14-2010, 01:48 AM
That's really crazy. Dana White is an asswhole. He should pay them more since he's making a **** load of money.

Yeah, but I think I found out the reason why. In boxing, the boxers provide all the stuff for themselves I believe. In the UFC, Dana provides everything for the fighters. Licenses, plane tickets, medical bills, hotel, all that extra stuff.

I came to this conclusion after watching a Urijah Faber video. After he broke his hand he was getting it casted up and there was this thing for rehab that they were hooking Urijah up with and the lady said it was lik 50k or 500k or something like that and Urijah said something like that's alot of money and he thanked Dana for paying for the expenses.

Thats how I came to the conclusion that Dana may be doing extra things for his fighters that other orgs wouldn't be doing.

Spartacus Sully
07-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah, but I think I found out the reason why. In boxing, the boxers provide all the stuff for themselves I believe. In the UFC, Dana provides everything for the fighters. Licenses, plane tickets, medical bills, hotel, all that extra stuff.

I came to this conclusion after watching a Urijah Faber video. After he broke his hand he was getting it casted up and there was this thing for rehab that they were hooking Urijah up with and the lady said it was lik 50k or 500k or something like that and Urijah said something like that's alot of money and he thanked Dana for paying for the expenses.

Thats how I came to the conclusion that Dana may be doing extra things for his fighters that other orgs wouldn't be doing.

Do you think he pays for the trainers and gym costs also?

F l i c k e r
07-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Do you think he pays for the trainers and gym costs also?

Possibly. I heard Dana talk on a video about gyms like AKA and Jackson's MMA are under the UFC brand or something. As if he owns them or sponsors them or something. :dunno:

It was on a video about him talking about Takanori Gomi.

blaze778
07-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Possibly. I heard Dana talk on a video about gyms like AKA and Jackson's MMA are under the UFC brand or something. As if he owns them or sponsors them or something. :dunno:

It was on a video about him talking about Takanori Gomi.

I don't think Dana pays for gyms or training. I remember Mark Coleman claiming he didn't have enough money to train for the Shogun rematch:

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/01/19/ufc-quick-quote-mark-coleman-didnt-have-enough-money-to-train-right-for-ufc-93-fight/

Equilibrium
07-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Much less than they should be making.

Zuffa are making so much money it's disgusting how underpaid the fighters are.

monaroCountry
07-14-2010, 07:19 AM

The UFC treats its fighters like garbage (5:50) and discards of them whenever they are no longer a PPV puller.

I believe that the UFC is obliged to pay for licencing and medical bills....thats a given, I dont think the UFC has any choice in the matter. Basically all promoters i.e. strikeforce and M1 and Dream has to do all these.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YUXD7SW3Ts&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YUXD7SW3Ts&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look at this for example.....

Shane Carwin (UFC 116): got paid $40,000
Fedor Emelianenko (Afflication): $300,000 payment direct to Fedor + $1.2 million paid through M1-Global then to Fedor (lower tax and totally legit as per the Double Taxation Treaties signed between America and Russia) + revenues for M1-Globals international broadcasting rights.