View Full Version : have you ever thought about becoming an mma fighter for some quick money?

gratz_the_king
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
thread title says it all really...

mma is MUCH easier to get into than boxing is. especially if you are old

im 23 (old) and feel like my best shot at making money in the fight game is through mma

brock lesnar, green power ranger, jose canseco...the list goes on really...

ever thought about doing it? im thinking about it..

Joachim
07-12-2010, 07:24 PM
If i enjoyed getting oiled up and rolling around with other men in a thong, yes.

gratz_the_king
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
If i enjoyed getting oiled up and rolling around with other men in a thong, yes.

lmao!

but hey, money is money..

jjones10591
07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
lmao!

but hey, money is money..

if money is money gay p*rn will sign you up right away!

karategan
07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
inb4MMAhaters

paloalto00
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I've thought about it since I have a wrestling background and a golden gloves finalist. But I think boxing is more challenging

dustyaguas
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
the money in local/regional MMA is bad, not much to be made unless you're signed to a larger regional/national organization and hold their belt. even then, you see guys in the WEC/StrikeForce/UFC making 2 grand to fight, 2 grand to win.

the money is better in boxing, just much more difficult to achieve.

you could possibly get lucky in MMA and get a big pay day on a larger show being brought in as an opponent to get smashed, but what's one pay day..

gratz_the_king
07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
the money in local/regional MMA is bad, not much to be made unless you're signed to a larger regional/national organization and hold their belt. even then, you see guys in the WEC/StrikeForce/UFC making 2 grand to fight, 2 grand to win.

the money is better in boxing, just much more difficult to achieve.

you could possibly get lucky in MMA and get a big pay day on a larger show being brought in as an opponent to get smashed, but what's one pay day..

dude with 6 months of training i could probably be champ of the UFC against those guys :rofl::rofl::rofl:

seriously though, i know that the lower tier guys get paid ****, but it doesnt take long to get signed to the UFC. if you string together 3 or 4 wins they will bring you in on the undercard. from there, if you win 2 or 3, you will find yourself on the main PPV card making tons of money from sponsorships and decent money from the UFC itself.

win from there, and you are on to main event status where you can earn 2-3$ per PPV sold.

the whole process can easily be done in less than 3 or 4 years. brett rogers started training when he was 26. at the age of 29, he was fighting fedor in the main event on CBS in front of 5 million viewers

dustyaguas
07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
dude with 6 months of training i could probably be champ of the UFC against those guys :rofl::rofl::rofl:

seriously though, i know that the lower tier guys get paid ****, but it doesnt take long to get signed to the UFC. if you string together 3 or 4 wins they will bring you in on the undercard. from there, if you win 2 or 3, you will find yourself on the main PPV card making tons of money from sponsorships and decent money from the UFC itself.

win from there, and you are on to main event status where you can earn 2-3$ per PPV sold.

the whole process can easily be done in less than 3 or 4 years. brett rogers started training when he was 26. at the age of 29, he was fighting fedor in the main event on CBS in front of 5 million viewers

let us know your name so we can see you on a UFC PPV in a few years.

Bullrush
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
a lot of UFC fighters get a couple g's for a fight. those piece of **** organizations in bumington where the octagon girls look like grizzlys are probably paying you 50 bucks or so for a brawl, getting your face smashed in. nah thanks

gratz_the_king
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
a lot of UFC fighters get a couple g's for a fight. those piece of **** organizations in bumington where the octagon girls look like grizzlys are probably paying you 50 bucks or so for a brawl, getting your face smashed in. nah thanks

only reason those bums get their faces smashed in the first place is exactly that, theyre bums. have you see the way those guys throw strikes? its literally a caged street/bar fight. a properly trained athlete who has trained in boxing would probably blow through those guys in under 30 seconds and make his way to the UFC with less than 5 minutes fighting time total

F l i c k e r
07-14-2010, 02:25 AM
You can do both at once. Boxing is apart of MMA, so essentially while you fight MMA you can still get in work on the Boxing game.

For instance, I know KJ Noons does both and Nick Diaz used to box and he still trains with Andre Ward.

Doing mma to make some quick money is good but you won't get paid a ton of money first starting out. Maybe a 100 bucks or so. But whatev, at least you got some easy cash, you get paid if you win or lose. :lol1:

FISHTIKS
07-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Man, I'd love to see some of you trash talkers step in the cage for your 1st fight! Haha Let's see some videos! :boxing:

BTW, let's all wait to see the outcome of the James Toney/Randy Couture fight coming in the fall :D Bets anyone?

Aperion- Glad to see there's 1 boxer than can respect MMA and doesn't immediately think it takes zero skill whatsoever. Respect dude!

Aperion
07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
No. Unless you have an equally strong background in wrestling.

I've thought about this, and have come to the conclusion that I'd get creamed and want to stick to boxing for right now at least (I don't even compete yet on any level). But chances are, especially if you were to fight in the midwest, you'll be facing strong wrestlers. You will be taken down, you will be pounded upon.

shine11
07-14-2010, 02:15 PM
you couldnt pay me enough to wear booty shorts and lay all over the floor with a man infront of a 90% male audience. u better off gettin your butt hole pounded for cash. you make more doing that. I hate MMA with a passion so pardon me.PS: I hope dana white goes broke

Danny Gunz
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
there was actually a period where i was really considering making a move to MMA.

Cause I have been boxing for so long but I probably wont make it far past maybe a couple pro fights, cause I'am decent but there are so many gyus out there that are just faster or stronger and I can train as hard as i want but I will never have those raw boxing abilities. But I have plenty of friends that do MMA that are about the same as me physically and they excel in it very well. So who knows maybe one day I will test the waters