View Full Version : My new FG5000 Winning Headgear :) !

Sox8055
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sox8055/PACO/SSPX0616.jpg?t=1278905228

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sox8055/PACO/SSPX0607.jpg?t=1278905315

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sox8055/PACO/SSPX0604.jpg?t=1278905288

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sox8055/PACO/SSPX0608.jpg?t=1278905330

Need I say anymore ?

Feels light, protective, comfortable, and overall great !

A little stiff and hard but I think that's due to the breaking in like gloves. Haven't tried it yet in sparring, should try it within 2 weeks from now when i get back to my city..

Anyone who has any questions feel freee to ask !

BG_Knocc_Out
07-12-2010, 02:06 AM
You can get them customized?

Sox8055
07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
yup 0 bucks for printed name 30 bucks for embroided name..:beerchug:

BG_Knocc_Out
07-12-2010, 02:40 AM
yup 0 bucks for printed name 30 bucks for embroided name..:beerchug:

Is that through the Winning-USA website?

Sox8055
07-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Is that through the Winning-USA website?

yes. All you have to do is stick in contact with Hazuchi or his name..lol my bad. something like that, in the emails. U request wut u want and he will help you. They are making most orders in Japan, but they get here Quick! I ordered mine on Sat and it got here on wed !!! :beerchug:

BG_Knocc_Out
07-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Can you customize gloves also?

Bullrush
07-12-2010, 03:54 AM
that thing looks sweet man good for you :beerchug:
you should have picked a smaller font size tho , maybe 1/3 of it and then put the text somewhere in the upper corner of the headgear in the front. that would have looked nice. or even in the back. right now it sort of messes up the design imo. you got the big winning logo and then an even bigger text right next to it, sort of steals winnings thunder

but like i said it looks nice. good thing you didnt get it stitched in, that would have ripped open after a while i think. water would get in, dirt etc etc.

also is this the right size when you put the winning HG on? it looks like its a bit too small for you. in the first picture your ear should be in the center of that hole

Sox8055
07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Can you customize gloves also?
Im pretty sure you can :)
that thing looks sweet man good for you :beerchug:
you should have picked a smaller font size tho , maybe 1/3 of it and then put the text somewhere in the upper corner of the headgear in the front. that would have looked nice. or even in the back. right now it sort of messes up the design imo. you got the big winning logo and then an even bigger text right next to it, sort of steals winnings thunder

but like i said it looks nice. good thing you didnt get it stitched in, that would have ripped open after a while i think. water would get in, dirt etc etc.

also is this the right size when you put the winning HG on? it looks like its a bit too small for you. in the first picture your ear should be in the center of that hole
Thx man, ya I should have ordered the text a bit smaller....but oh well.

As for the size ya it fits me good, its just that I had to pull out some strings when before I put it on, as I was in a rush I just slipped it on after it got here and took quick pictures of it. It was my cousins camera and I had to give it back that same day.

After I fix the strings my ear is still about 1/2 away from closing the hole I believe that its the way Its made, I emailed winning about it eitherway though good looking out :beerchug:

Don Flamenco
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
They look sweet.

I like the font size exactly as they are

shogunn
07-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Good stuff

Im still debating on getting it. How much was everything, $410 shipped?

Sox8055
07-13-2010, 12:30 AM
They look sweet.

I like the font size exactly as they are
Thx Don ! Ya I really like it :hail:
Good stuff

Im still debating on getting it. How much was everything, $410 shipped?
It was 431.84, well worth it though man.

I think if your going to get any headgear, then winning is the best whether u get the 2900 or this 5000 version, they are top of the line.

gratz_the_king
07-13-2010, 08:57 AM
can you tell me if the facebar helps protect your eyes?

my problem is that i have very bad allergies, which causes the back of my eye lids to feel like sand paper. when i used to spar (before i ever knew i had this problem), i would get hit in the face, and this would cause my eye balls to get severely scratched. i had scratched my cornea 2 times and 1 was so bad that i was in the hospital.

it was only until recently that i actually figured out what the problem was. but since then ive sparred VERY little. i take special eye drops now and might need to get allergy shots to prevent this problem. while im sorting this out, i was thinking maybe i could buy a good head gear that will protect my face until i get this problem fixed. ive used cage's before but i dont like them.

can you tell me if the gloves can sneak in through that space on this headgear?

Sox8055
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
can you tell me if the facebar helps protect your eyes?

my problem is that i have very bad allergies, which causes the back of my eye lids to feel like sand paper. when i used to spar (before i ever knew i had this problem), i would get hit in the face, and this would cause my eye balls to get severely scratched. i had scratched my cornea 2 times and 1 was so bad that i was in the hospital.

it was only until recently that i actually figured out what the problem was. but since then ive sparred VERY little. i take special eye drops now and might need to get allergy shots to prevent this problem. while im sorting this out, i was thinking maybe i could buy a good head gear that will protect my face until i get this problem fixed. ive used cage's before but i dont like them.

can you tell me if the gloves can sneak in through that space on this headgear?

Tried it out yesterday, your opponents or sparring partner glove shouldn't go in through this bad boy, nonetheless the punches u still feel plus ur eyes get a little teary If that's any help ?

gratz_the_king
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Tried it out yesterday, your opponents or sparring partner glove shouldn't go in through this bad boy, nonetheless the punches u still feel plus ur eyes get a little teary If that's any help ?

why do your eyes get teary? is it because of the punches hitting you sqaure in the face which cause your nose to clog up - which makes you tear?

or are you tearing because the punches are physically touching your eyes?

putaloco
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
why do your eyes get teary? is it because of the punches hitting you sqaure in the face which cause your nose to clog up - which makes you tear?

i have the same head gear and i also get teary eyed. i think its because of sweat going in there

gratz_the_king
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
i have the same head gear and i also get teary eyed. i think its because of sweat going in there

i dont think the sweat would bother me too much, im just worried about a persons glove sneaking through the space and touching my eyes. i would buy this head gear in an instant if you told me gloves dont get through the space

Sox8055
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM

i dont think the sweat would bother me too much, im just worried about a persons glove sneaking through the space and touching my eyes. i would buy this head gear in an instant if you told me gloves dont get through the space

I think just because of the contact. Just like any other sport that is contact. Although I don't feel the shots touching my face, more like the compact hit of the headgear..

gratz_the_king
07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I think just because of the contact. Just like any other sport that is contact. Although I don't feel the shots touching my face, more like the compact hit of the headgear..

has the headgear itself every been shifted towards your eye area from a punch? or is it tight?

so far to me it sounds like punches dont really get through the opening, which was my main concern. as long as they dont, ill purchase one

boxer2k5
07-14-2010, 04:57 AM
sweet. winning gear kinda exspensive how much did you pay like $200?. im gonna get a full set tho when im training for pro

Bullrush
07-14-2010, 05:25 AM
200 hahah

try 450 :dance:

Sox8055
07-14-2010, 12:13 PM
has the headgear itself every been shifted towards your eye area from a punch? or is it tight?

so far to me it sounds like punches dont really get through the opening, which was my main concern. as long as they dont, ill purchase one
It's kind of lose right now, not as much as other headgears though, however I believe after a couple of more sessions it will get tighter, u cant just tell the difference compared to other headgears.

Ill have to have some more sessions with it though to fully know how tight it stays maybe after my 3rd session ?
sweet. winning gear kinda exspensive how much did you pay like $200?. im gonna get a full set tho when im training for pro
It was 431.84 with everything already so Im guessing like for a full set...around 800 something if not more?