View Full Version : Agree/Disagree Big Country Upsets DOS SANTOS?

photomane
07-10-2010, 12:32 AM
I agree. I think Roy has too much experience and tricks to pull off the upset.

-Swizzy-
07-10-2010, 12:38 AM
disagree. Dos Santos has the better standup, and he has good enough ground defense to hold off Nelson. Dos Santos takes it.

M Deezy
07-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Dos Santos = next UFC Heavyweight Champion

kaps
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I think Dos Santos should win, but if he takes Big Country lightly he'll be in for a rude awakening...

Jack3d
07-10-2010, 02:20 AM
I think Dos Santos should win, but if he takes Big Country lightly he'll be in for a rude awakening...

Pretty much this.

Gorilla Dogs
07-10-2010, 03:04 AM
it will go the way of Nelson-Arlovski

-Swizzy-
07-10-2010, 03:09 AM

^^^ truth ^^^

phallus
07-10-2010, 03:44 PM
if either guy makes a mistake or doesn't train seriously, they'll be in trouble. i think dos santos takes this but he won't have an easy time with roy

Nick Fury
07-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Naw Cain's the next champ.

Gorilla Dogs
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
lol at everyone hatin on Lesnar, its the Mayweather effect, now all of a sudden EVERYONE can beat him hahaha

PopoFreitas
07-10-2010, 06:34 PM
lol at everyone hatin on Lesnar, its the Mayweather effect, now all of a sudden EVERYONE can beat him hahaha

not sure how you can compare lesnar with floyd...

Any top fighter can beat him because he's still learning and he's already old.

He's an unidimensional fighter.

American_Ninja
07-12-2010, 12:40 AM
not sure how you can compare lesnar with floyd...

Any top fighter can beat him because he's still learning and he's already old.

He's an unidimensional fighter.

LOL @ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yea he's 32.

F l i c k e r
07-12-2010, 12:55 AM
It's possible that Big Country can win. Don't count him out, that's all I know. That dude's full of surprises since IFL, he's just been full of surprises. Looks like he is getting fitter too. His last fight, he looked a bit more fit, not just all fat like he normally is.

I still think it's too soon for Big Country to get a title shot. He would get eaten alive by Brock Lesnar. If Big Country could get some more muscle and more cardio, he could have a slim chance. Right now, or even after he beats DS, he would get killed.

K-Yo
07-12-2010, 04:43 AM
I would like to think he can, I like both, but big country is a character.

He layed on bigger guys then JDS and kept them down and he is an experienced grappler, but I'm sure JDS has more experience on the ground then them guys.

Makes for an interesting fight, at first thought I expect JDS to win it, but the more I think about it the more it becomes a 50/50 fight.

Gorilla Dogs
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Nelson goin get made look silly. Santos isnt no punk

nodogoshi
07-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Santos should beat the **** out of him. With that said, Nelson does have the skills of a good fighter, and he could get the win if Dos Santos is not sufficiently prepared, or even if he makes a sizable mistake. I doubt Dos Santos would lose this one, but Nelson is a talented fighter. Perhaps if his dedication matched his talent he'd be better off, but I don't understand how he can be so overweight if he is truly dedicated.

Gorilla Dogs
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Santos should beat the **** out of him. With that said, Nelson does have the skills of a good fighter, and he could get the win if Dos Santos is not sufficiently prepared, or even if he makes a sizable mistake. I doubt Dos Santos would lose this one, but Nelson is a talented fighter. Perhaps if his dedication matched his talent he'd be better off, but I don't understand how he can be so overweight if he is truly dedicated.

yea man if im a betting man id bet quite a bit on santos.

Roy Nelson pisses me off tho LOL. The dude doesnt dedicate himself to get in shape like wtf

Nick Fury
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
yea man if im a betting man id bet quite a bit on santos.

Roy Nelson pisses me off tho LOL. The dude doesnt dedicate himself to get in shape like wtf

Don't get it twisted, Big Country is in good shape he can go 5 rounds no problem. He just doesn't watch what he eats, that's all.

photomane
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM

BIG COUNTRY will expose DOS SANTOS chin. BIG COUNTRY has a chin made of granite and has better Jiu Jitsu than DOS SANTOS. Be prepared because the UPSET is coming. I got big country by crucifix via round 2.

nodogoshi
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
BIG COUNTRY will expose DOS SANTOS chin. BIG COUNTRY has a chin made of granite and has better Jiu Jitsu than DOS SANTOS. Be prepared because the UPSET is coming. I got big country by crucifix via round 2.

I take it this is a joke.

Gorilla Dogs
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Don't get it twisted, Big Country is in good shape he can go 5 rounds no problem. He just doesn't watch what he eats, that's all.

this is your definition of good shape?

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/roynelson.jpg

photomane
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I take it this is a joke.

The REDNECK is going to win!!!

TheGreatA
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm not sold on Santos as he has only displayed his striking so far. There are still questions over his technique on the ground, especially with a submission loss on his record, though it would be wrong not to assume that he has improved since then.

We know all about Nelson, he can punch and is good on top of an opponent, the question is if he can take Santos on the ground and possibly expose his weaknesses. The chances are that he will get lit up standing, it would greatly surprise me if he actually outstrikes Santos.

Nick Fury
07-12-2010, 03:29 PM
this is your definition of good shape?

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/roynelson.jpg

IMO, in shape means you can finish 3-5 rounds with no problem, and Big Country can. If he would get on a diet he'll LOOK in shape.

Carwin looks like he's in shape but he obviously isn't.

Clegg
07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
There are some fighters who are fat yet have good enough stamina.

It doesn't really make sense to me. If Nelson is training each day for hours, you have to wonder just how much he's eating in order to still be that fat.

phallus
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
There are some fighters who are fat yet have good enough stamina.

It doesn't really make sense to me. If Nelson is training each day for hours, you have to wonder just how much he's eating in order to still be that fat.

nelson doesn't have the stamina of brock lesnar, but he knows how to pace himself, he'll use a lot of energy and then ease off, like throw a few big shots and then catch his breath or take the guy down and lay on him in the crucifix, it doesn't take much stamina to use a fat gut to hold someone under you, if junior can somehow push that 300 lb gut off him i think he can win the fight. standing and trading with junior is a real bad idea for roy, JDS's hands are quicker than arlovski's, this fight will be won or lost on the ground