View Full Version : Any MMA fans think Toney will win?

Earl Hickey
07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
MMA fans only, do you think Toney has a realistic shot?

PopoFreitas
07-07-2010, 12:36 AM
MMA fans only, do you think Toney has a realistic shot?

Realistic shot? Me.

couture is nearly 50 years old who's finally showing signs of his age... He was dropped really easy by Nogueira in their fight and Big Nog doesn't have any power at all in his hands... Also Randy isn't a freestyle wrestler (he doesn't shoot) so he'll need to close the distance and clinch with toney to get him down...

Toney will have that short period of time each round to land a bomb on couture and finish him on the ground.

Also, couture thinks he's a good boxer(Not sure who convinced him he was a good boxer). He may try to stand with Toney more than he needs to.

Jack3d
07-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Of course he has a shot, but it's not very good at all.

Randy will take him out in the first round.

F l i c k e r
07-07-2010, 04:44 AM
I actually favor James Toney in this fight. I think he will win. For some reason I think Couture is gonna try and stand up with him. So he can do the "I beat a world champion boxer standing up" thing.

Same thing Sylvia tried to do with Mercer. :lol1:

Gorilla Dogs
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Realistic shot? Me.

couture is nearly 50 years old who's finally showing signs of his age... He was dropped really easy by Nogueira in their fight and Big Nog doesn't have any power at all in his hands... Also Randy isn't a freestyle wrestler (he doesn't shoot) so he'll need to close the distance and clinch with toney to get him down...

Toney will have that short period of time each round to land a bomb on couture and finish him on the ground.

Also, couture thinks he's a good boxer(Not sure who convinced him he was a good boxer). He may try to stand with Toney more than he needs to.

Randy said he'd be an idiot to try and stand with him, he said they don't call him "Lights Out" for nothin

res
07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Realistic shot? Me.

"more than he needs to" is the key phrase here.

Couture's statement about Toney not being called "Light Out" for nothing was in response to being asked "Would he stand AND BANG with Toney (a stupid question asked by Ariel). Bang=trading punches.

But i think Randy may stay on his feet in general for longer than he needs to. He probably dosen't want to just come in and "Royce Gracie" Toney in the first few seconds and seem like he's completely afraid of him. He will probably want to stand with Toney for a few moments using what he probably believes is his striking advantage: kicking. Ofcourse he isn't known for kicking, but i'm sure he believes that he is far better at it than Toney and that it is a way he can prove his manhood for a few moments before he takes him down to the ground.

I have suspicions that Toney knows how to kick, and maybe better than Couture. He better stick to punches though or he'll get taken down quite easily.

TPhenom01
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I have suspicions that Toney knows how to kick, and maybe better than Couture.

http://thegarv.com/images/stories/COUTURE_TONEY_side_check_kick_ALERT.jpg

Stab Judah
07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think it will be the other way around and Toney will think that he can out wrestle or ground fight Randy.

I coulda swore I read once that Toney wrestled in high school but he claims he's never done it.