View Full Version : No foul protector

jjones10591
07-06-2010, 10:53 PM
do you have to wear the padded ones or can you just wear a jock strap with a cup thanks

Bullrush
07-07-2010, 03:24 AM
the cup is pretty pointless in boxing, nobody punches that low. unless you fight midgets of course. ive been sparring for years now and never been punched that low

the padding around the cup (to protect your abs, groin, all the organs in your stomach) is whats most important, so we wear it when we spar. you gotta get used to it anyway so might as well do it then. not wearing it doesnt make you tough. dont see the point in not wearing it TBH

bernardotelo
07-07-2010, 06:45 AM
around here in portugal you can use the cup the referees always checked if i had one

#1Assassin
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM
i use a normal athletic cup for competition not a boxing foul protector. and when i spar i dont have anything at all.

Sam Donald
07-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Any, just get one protecting your balls!

putaloco
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
if you dont spar hard you dont need it. but if you take any body shots i would recommend you getting a full protector cuz people can really tell where its low and where its legal(not talking about actual nut shots).

Sox8055
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
get one with the full pad. Who cares if other people dont wear one in you gym when they spar.

It's like a soldier or cop asking someone if they should wear a bulletproof vest or not ?? Its your life man not theirs...:beerchug:

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
the cup is pretty pointless in boxing, nobody punches that low. unless you fight midgets of course. ive been sparring for years now and never been punched that low

the padding around the cup (to protect your abs, groin, all the organs in your stomach) is whats most important, so we wear it when we spar. you gotta get used to it anyway so might as well do it then. not wearing it doesnt make you tough. dont see the point in not wearing it TBH

Until you get drilled in the balls.......

Just last week I was hit twice low.

jjones10591
07-07-2010, 05:57 PM
thanks everyone i should have specified i ment for competition i have a winning foul protector i just dont like the way it looks i care how i look when i fight and im open so if i can get away with just wearing a cup only i would rather do that

One more round
07-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I wear just a regular cup, have worn it at nationals etc so it's pretty legal. But I think I might look into getting a proper foul protector.

ScottDBA
07-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Figures a guy who pays big money for winning **** would care more about how he looks then how the equipment works lol.

But no, you don't need to wear a full foul protector, just a cup is fine.

I wear just a regular cup for fights becuase it feels more comfortable and nobody really goes to the body (except for me lol) so I don't worry about getting hit ont he hips or kidneys. If I knew I was fighting a guy who is a strong body puncher I might switch to foul protector.

For sparring I wear a foul protecter cause it's quicker to put on and take off.

zhanlin9391
07-08-2010, 04:53 AM
i have checked it’s really great